No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, getting mixed signals on contract value. Toronto guys and Sham all have high-130's (137.5-139), and Amick has 145. I imagine it is because of incentives that take the deal up to 145M (137.5 base, 1.5M in likely incentives, and 6M in unlikely incentives). More likely IMO because 1.5M and 6M both divide nicely by 5 (300k, 1.2M) for the same incentives every year.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

First of all i was my own source
      You said you'd change your sig to anything we wanted if you were wrong.

I vote you put the above as shown as your sig: quote yourself saying that you were your own source.

I mean come on man.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        But note that DD counting as 15M does NOT leave us with 15M in cap room. 5M or so.
        Thanks for clarifying

So the only realistic way of getting biyombo is trading some of our cap space?

Comment

• Noooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Simplicity wrote: View Post
            Thanks for clarifying

So the only realistic way of getting biyombo is trading some of our cap space?
            Trading players (like Ross or PP or CoJo) into cap space for little to no salary in return is how we clear enough cap space for Biyombo. Not a good idea in my mind, unless the low salary return is high value.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ladies and gents, welcome to 5 years of mediocrity

What a stupid, stupid decision by Ujiri

Comment

• 25.7 next year for Kobe-Lite.

Masai..... you better have a couple PF's in mind buddy who'll sign cheaply or it'll come back to bite ya.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  25.7 next year for Kobe-Lite.

Masai..... you better have a couple PF's in mind buddy who'll sign cheaply or it'll come back to bite ya.
                  Calling him Kobe-Lite is generous
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    You said you'd change your sig to anything we wanted if you were wrong.

I vote you put the above as shown as your sig: quote yourself saying that you were your own source.

I mean come on man.
                    I guess that's true, lol send me a picture of it and I'll do it
                    Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Buncha Chicken Littles up in here...

C'mon, are you guys serious? You knew he was coming back. Someone earlier said this is a cultural signing as much as a basketball one, and that's on the money. This is the 1st player of his magnitude (All Star level) in franchise history who has always said he wanted to stay, and now has walked the walk, at a hometown discount. Discredit the discount it as small and ineffectual if you will, he still would have got the full max elsewhere and declined to even take another meeting.

And to advocate that they should have let him walk would be just simply bad management. Lose an asset like that for nothing? Ridiculous. That contract will look cheap when the cap goes up to 110M in a couple of years and will be easily tradeable throughout its lifetime, if Ujiri decides to change course. ALL the deals being signed this summer seem ludicrous, but that's the market with a cap at 95M and rising. The cap was 58M 3 years ago. You can't look at contracts the same way anymore.

DD back in Toronto is a good thing. Unless you wanted to tank and rebuild, of course. Because Lowry would be gone by next summer if not asking for a trade today.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                        Buncha Chicken Littles up in here...

C'mon, are you guys serious? You knew he was coming back. Someone earlier said this is a cultural signing as much as a basketball one, and that's on the money. This is the 1st player of his magnitude (All Star level) in franchise history who has always said he wanted to stay, and now has walked the walk, at a hometown discount. Discredit the discount it as small and ineffectual if you will, he still would have got the full max elsewhere and declined to even take another meeting.

And to advocate that they should have let him walk would be just simply bad management. Lose an asset like that for nothing? Ridiculous. That contract will look cheap when the cap goes up to 110M in a couple of years and will be easily tradeable throughout its lifetime, if Ujiri decides to change course. ALL the deals being signed this summer seem ludicrous, but that's the market with a cap at 95M and rising. The cap was 58M 3 years ago. You can't look at contracts the same way anymore.

DD back in Toronto is a good thing. Unless you wanted to tank and rebuild, of course. Because Lowry would be gone by next summer if not asking for a trade today.
                        I disagree with EVERYTHING in this post

Can we have a "thumbs down" button

There was a reason why DD's suitors were primarily LA and Philly...cause he sucks and good teams know it.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

There was a reason why DD's suitors were primarily LA and Philly...cause he sucks and good teams know it.
                          Hahahaha, I was wondering how you are feeling this morning

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Ladies and gents, welcome to 5 years of mediocrity

What a stupid, stupid decision by Ujiri
                            It's amazing that you still think you'd make a better GM than Masai.

We'd have a Max'd out JV and a Max'd out Ross if you were running the show.

We would be trying to be like the Sixers at the same damn time. Remember how badly you wanted to tank? It's a shame.

Remember you said we'd never get anywhere and just this past year we were in the East Finals?? Please get off your high horse. I think it's time.

This signing is inevitable for anyone paying attention. Thank goodness we have someone like Masai who actually knows what he's doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by special1; Fri Jul 1, 2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                              I guess that's true, lol send me a picture of it and I'll do it
                              Just type the following into your sig area, and put square brackets around the first and last lines:

Quote=Abbas

/quote

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Michael Grange: The Raptors meeting with DeRozan tomorrow as per @Chris Haynes; if needed Mavs, Sixers; Heat & Lakers will meet, according to sources.
                                Sam Amick: The Clippers, Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, New York Knicks, and Orlando Magic are also hoping to lure him stateside.
                                First stage of grief is denial.

Comment

Working...
                                X