Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big boi wrote: View Post
    Demar's shitty defence has nothing to do with him exerting too much energy on offence. Demar is just a below average defender. He has below average defensive talent. And he doesn't prioritize defence. Not one year have I heard him being determined to get better at playing the other 50% of the game. And why should he - look at that contract. I can only hope at some point he hopes to emulate Kobe's defence as well as his offence. Disappointed he got that much but I guess that's what the market is I suppose. Beal and Batum deals look better.
    Batum's looks better, but when's the last time beal played a full season?

Comment

• russellhantz wrote: View Post
      At this point what does DeRozan have to do to silence all the haters other than be lebron?

-shoot higher than 35% from 3 at 3 attempts per game?
      -play better defence?
      -better shot selection?

I think these are realistic goals.
      I'll settle for better shot selection. Which includes him only taking open 3's probably from the corner. Him playing even average defence would be a dream.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        That this board is not melting down is a testament to the distance that DeMar has come as a player. Remember when some used to argue he couldn't surpass a PER of 15?

Now that the game has slowed down for him, I do think he's set to see efficiencies as his usage comes down a tag. Not having to try so f---ing hard on O could pay dividends on D, so still expecting another level from him on that end.
        The big problem is the playoffs. The Raps bench and role players carried us through in the playoffs, while Demar disappeared for long stretches. Now that Demar is taking up 26%+ of the cap, it's fair to worry about the quality of bench and role players that we can retain going forward. Without that safety net, the backlash against Demar could get pretty ugly, especially when we have to pay Lowry.
        Last edited by golden; Fri Jul 1, 2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• russellhantz wrote: View Post
          I was hoping someone would ask this. Raptors w/ Demar vs Raptors w/ Batum. Which team makes it further in the playoffs?
          I would have preferred the better passer shooter and defender.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
            I'll settle for better shot selection. Which includes him only taking open 3's probably from the corner. Him playing even average defence would be a dream.
            I'd like to see Casey challenge Demar to try to hit 5 assists per game - I think that would open up Demar's offensive game more than the 3

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              I'd like to see Casey challenge Demar to try to hit 5 assists per game - I think that would open up Demar's offensive game more than the 3
              I suggested DeMar aim for 6 APG earlier in the year, and got nearly crucified around here for how 'impossible' people thought that was.

The same people who told me that was impossible, of course, call me a DeMar hater.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Great to be a true Raptor Fan ...
                Congratulation to all.

After all that debate over the years, MU, who the RR has supported 100% over the years, gave DD the well deserved MAX contract.

Great Day

Comment

• Although Derozan agreed to sign, he doesnt have to sign first day of free agency right?

Would the cap he takes up still be 15m and leave us with 15mil?

Comment

• Simplicity wrote: View Post
                    Although Derozan agreed to sign, he doesnt have to sign first day of free agency right?

He can't sign until July 7th anyways.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Simplicity wrote: View Post
                      Although Derozan agreed to sign, he doesnt have to sign first day of free agency right?

It's a verbal agreement as no contracts can be signed until the 7th. Depending on transactions, teams will order their signings to fit within the CBA.

Comment

• But note that DD counting as 15M does NOT leave us with 15M in cap room. 5M or so.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          But note that DD counting as 15M does NOT leave us with 15M in cap room. 5M or so.
                          Isn't his cap hold $15.5M now? I thought it went up because he played in the all-star game last year.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            I just want him to take better shots. Not force contested shots. His selfishness in the playoffs was laughable at times. I mean I was actually in a room of people laughing at how proposterously selfish he was.

The only redeeming thing is he's a high character guy (despite his in game selfishness) and a hard worker (though he doesn't demonstrate this defensively). He's elite at getting to the line and seems like a good teammate (other than being selfish offensively and not prioritizing defence, which is a bit selfish in itself because others have to pick up the slack). But he is a low IQ, poor shooter, who is poor defensively and who underperforms in the playoffs. He gets absolutely owned by guys like Paul George who is worthy of 13M more over 5 years.

The best things I can say about this contract is that he isn't a locker room cancer and he'll still be in his prime years when the contract ends so we won't be paying for a player declining due to age.

All I can possibly hope for is that he spends every day trying his hardest to earn that contract.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Isn't his cap hold $15.5M now? I thought it went up because he played in the all-star game last year.
                              Yes, 15.525M. Was speaking casually.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X