Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    What do you expect people to complain about right now? He's playing great right now.

Or are you simply trying to stir old arguments up for the sake of trolling?
    Sinbad wrote: View Post
    Can't you just enjoy the historic accomplishments he's achieving without trying to start a flamewar? Give it a rest.
    For sure I am loving it. Great player.
    I left this site last season when the constant dissing of DD just got to be over the top. Hopefully the true Raptor fans will hang in there if and when he hits a slump .... which almost every great player does encounter.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      When Sullinger comes back we're going to be even bigger and burlier, though he, Kyle, and Carroll really do need to hit 3s for us to achieve any level of greatness.
      last i checked i think the raptors are actually DEAD LAST in making 3's this season so far. thats not a good recipe for winning in todays ball game, despite how hot DD is shooting right now. in particular, lowry needs to start shooting them a lot better. patterson i can forgive because hes only serviceable as a 3 point shooter and has clearly gone through huge shooting slumps in his raptors career so far.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        last i checked i think the raptors are actually DEAD LAST in making 3's this season so far. thats not a good recipe for winning in todays ball game, despite how hot DD is shooting right now. in particular, lowry needs to start shooting them a lot better. patterson i can forgive because hes only serviceable as a 3 point shooter and has clearly gone through huge shooting slumps in his raptors career so far.
        I don't think it is ONLY the 3 Point shooting. The whole team with exception of DD is under performing. If DD was not producing like GOD right now, this team would be in big problem.

Everyone needs to step up especially our SF and PF.

YES,DD is not a 3 point shooter. We all know that. Our best player is not a 3 point shooter.

So what should we do ? Trade him ? Hell no ... But get players who can shoot 3 or can score in the post.

This is what Ross and Big Val were suppose to be doing at high levels this season !!!

Have they been able to do so and the answer is NNNNNOOOOOOO

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          I don't think it is ONLY the 3 Point shooting. The whole team with exception of DD is under performing. If DD was not producing like GOD right now, this team would be in big problem.

Everyone needs to step up especially our SF and PF.

YES,DD is not a 3 point shooter. We all know that. Our best player is not a 3 point shooter.

So what should we do ? Trade him ? Hell no ... But get players who can shoot 3 or can score in the post.

This is what Ross and Big Val were suppose to be doing at high levels this season !!!

Have they been able to do so and the answer is NNNNNOOOOOOO

lol Carroll ?
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
            For sure I am loving it. Great player.
            I left this site last season when the constant dissing of DD just got to be over the top. Hopefully the true Raptor fans will hang in there if and when he hits a slump .... which almost every great player does encounter.
            Everyone on this forum is a true Raptor fan, whether you agree with them or not.

If you plan on staying around then you should read the rules thread, because trolling (including passive aggressive digs like the above) is not welcome.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Everyone on this forum is a true Raptor fan, whether you agree with them or not.

If you plan on staying around then you should read the rules thread, because trolling (including passive aggressive digs like the above) is not welcome.
              Lol, really!? I never read the rules. Those comments are so ubiquitous here that I just assumed it was a partial basis of conversation.
              I'm happy to play nice if others do. Thx axel.

Comment

• Just want to say, this is not a dream... its mid November and Demar is averaging 34 ppg on >50% FG to lead the NBA in scoring.

Its at the point where if he settles down and averages 25 ppg for the next 7 games, he would still be averaging 30 ppg on the season by the 16th game which is ~1/5 of the season!
                ..actually to be honest after doing these calculations, there is still so much of the season to go and so much potential for him to cool down entirely, for instance if he averages his last seasons average of 23.5 ppg for the rest of the season, that will be his average at the end of the season.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  I know McHappy ... Who was the other one that is not here ?
                  OldSkool
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DeRozan was named Eastern conference player of the week

http://global.nba.com/news/harden-an...bacom:homepage

DeRozan led the Raptors to a 3-0 week, averaging a league-leading 34.7 points to go with 4.7 rebounds and 4.3 assists. On Nov. 9, he scored 37 points and added six assists and four rebounds in a 112-102 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder. He followed that performance with 34 points, three assists and two steals in a 113-111 victory against the Charlotte Hornets on Nov. 11. DeRozan leads the NBA in scoring (34.0 ppg) and has an NBA-best eight 30-point games this season. He is the first player to score at least 30 points in eight of his first nine games of a season since Michael Jordan in 1986-87.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      OldSkool
                      Actually I was thinking of Snooch. I don't remember OldSkool being crazily anti-DD; critical maybe but not a hater. But I don't have a good memory for these things. OldSkool was a good poster and it's too bad he's not around.

Anyways, congrats to DD on winning Player of the Week. There's some small irony that the East winner was Harden, as he was the player people most critics pointed to as being the model superstar several tiers above DeMar. There might still be a gap but it's a lot closer now. (When DeMar won the first time, the east winner was KD.)

Comment

• Speaking of old posters, whatever happened to CB4Champ? that dude is hilarious. Don't think he tries to be though LOL.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• NBA released their bullshit top 10 mvp ladder, Derozan is 8th regardless of leading the league in points and 2nd in PER(31.42)

As of Friday Nov.11,2016

1. Russell Westbrook
                          2. James Harden
                          3. LeBron James
                          4. Blake Griffin
                          5. Kevin Durant
                          6. Kawhi Leonard
                          7. Stephen Curry
                          8. DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors
                          DeRozan is riding the wave of that Olympic year bounce to the top of the scoring chart (34.1 ppg on 53.3 percent shooting). The fact that he’s doing it without significant production from beyond the 3-point line (1.7 attempts) is what’s truly remarkable.
                          9. Kemba Walker
                          10. Damian Lillard

I thought I would make a real top 10 for Y'all

1. James Harden (30/13/8 but has a 5-4 so he the others are right behind him

2. DeMar DeRozan(34ppg with good shooting % and good team @ 7-2)

3. Russell Westbrook (Triple Double machine, would be #1 if he shoot better with less turnovers)

4. Kevin Durant (28/8/4/2/1.5 while shooting 56% and 40 from deep)

5. Chris Paul (Leads the league in PER and WS + best team (9-1)

6. Lebron James (Team first in Conference, best player on that team)

7. Kawhi Leonard (D)

8. Stephen Curry (Great numbers with great percentages)

9. Damien Lillard (Killing it)

10. Kemba Walker (Read #9)
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• How on earth can KD and Steph be ranked ahead of DeMar?

I get Westbrook and Harden because of the all around, near triple-double averaging numbers. Blake because the Clippers have the best record in the league and same for LeBron in the east are fine. Don't agree with all of those but they're understandable.

But KD and Steph? That just annoys me. 2 of the 3 best players in the league on the same team after KD joined a 73 win team and you think that's more of a legit MVP candidate than what DeRozan's doing in T.Dot? Like they have it as easy as it fucking gets. They should both be disqualified from ever getting an MVP award again.

People try to say KD going to Golden State is like LeBron going to Miami, while I don't blame KD for doing it, it's just not the same thing. It's like if LeBron went to Boston and teamed up with KG, Pierce, Rondo and Ray Allen. Not sure how valuable you can be when you're joining a team that was already the best regular season team in league history taking open jumpers because the other team doesn't know which of your 2 superstars + 2 all-stars to guard.

Comment

• Not sure where your anger towards the rankings is coming from. Let's be honest; the evaluators that compile these lists, analysts, and basketball media are waiting for the other shoe to drop with DeMar. What he's doing is remarkable, but it isn't sustainable. Compare his hot start to the players ranked ahead of him. They have all won either MVP, DPOY or a Scoring Title, had multiple All-Star selections, or achieved multiple All-NBA Team selections. They all have a body of work that they can fall back on. He, beyond 2 all-star selections, does not.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                                Not sure where your anger towards the rankings is coming from. Let's be honest; the evaluators that compile these lists, analysts, and basketball media are waiting for the other shoe to drop with DeMar. What he's doing is remarkable, but it isn't sustainable. Compare his hot start to the players ranked ahead of him. They have all won either MVP, DPOY or a Scoring Title, had multiple All-Star selections, or achieved multiple All-NBA Team selections. They all have a body of work that they can fall back on. He, beyond 2 all-star selections, does not.
                                That would be a fair argument if these rankings were prognostications, but they're based on the season to date.

I agree with Lupe: Steph and KD are practically disqualified. And as usual CP3 is ignored for Blake, but they somewhat cancel each other out too.

With Kyle's slow shooting start DeMar should be ahead of all those guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X