Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    The Raptors won their 14th straight game against the 76ers and DeMar DeRozan had his 13th 30-point game this season. That's one shy of the number of 30-point games he had in his career entering this season.

from ESPN Stats and Info
    Pretty sure that's incorrect. DeMar had 14 30-point game last year.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This man is on a mission...

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure that's incorrect. DeMar had 14 30-point game last year.
        I think that was worded wrong. Think it meant to say, that is one shy of the highest number of 30 point games he had in a season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          I think that was worded wrong. Think it meant to say, that is one shy of the highest number of 30 point games he had in a season.
          That was my assumption as well.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I was in heated discussion with my mate tonight about our lad DeRozan....

So I just want to give him(DD) a big S/o. He's on a mission this year. ProvEm hashtag became a reality for the first time in his career.

Mid range game is not something you learn by accident. Dude is dominating cuz of his focus and fucking hard work in the gym.

Keep it up DD.
            Last edited by rocwell; Fri Dec 16, 2016, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• http://global.nba.com/news/race-to-t...bacom:homepage

Derozan #7 on the MVP list
              7. DEMAR DEROZAN, TORONTO RAPTORS

(Last week: NR)

DeRozan and the Raptors aren’t getting the love they deserve this season, but that ends now, at least around here. DeRozan has fueled the Raptors’ attack, scoring 30 or more points three times in his past five games. His ability to score in bunches without much production from beyond the 3-point line makes him stick out among his perimeter All-Star brethren around the league (28.6 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.6 assists in his last five games).
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                I was in heated discussion with my mate tonight about our lad DeRozan....

So I just want to give him(DD) a big S/o. He's on a mission this year. ProvEm hashtag became a reality for the first time in his career.

Mid range game is not something you learn by accident. Dude is dominating cuz of his focus and fucking hard work in the gym.

Keep it up DD.
                He #ProveEm last year too.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  He #ProveEm last year too.

He #IChoked last year.

Comment

He #IChoked last year.
                    This whole narrative that Lowry/Deebo didn't show up in the playoffs is just false. Yes, they struggle against the Pacer(top 5 D) throwing the kitchen sink at them. They got better every round and were the only ones to show up(other than biz) against the world champions. No one is saying that our role player have to prove they can make open shots in the ECF.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

This whole narrative that Lowry/Deebo didn't show up in the playoffs is just false. Yes, they struggle against the Pacer(top 5 D) throwing the kitchen sink at them. They got better every round and were the only ones to show up(other than biz) against the world champions. No one is saying that our role player have to prove they can make open shots in the ECF.

I'm glad that Lowry acknowledges that narrative as being true and vows to improve from it....

People can say that me and DeMar we didn't do this and we didn't do that, and yeah we didn't play well or we didn't shoot well, but we made the Eastern Conference finals, so we definitely did something right."

With DeRozan back, a healthier DeMarre Carroll and the addition of Jared Sullinger to the frontcourt, Lowry promises things will be different next time around.

"That won't happen again, trust me. I promise you that," he said. "Going through all that made me stronger. I learned from it and I'm a better player for it. Last season is still raw, but now we have to take the next step and continue to get better and not be satisfied."
                      http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...yle-lowry-life

Comment

Not false. Team didn't choke, but DeRozan yeah.. He choked. Dude went full Arsenal for few probably most important games in our history.

Comment

Not false. Team didn't choke, but DeRozan yeah.. He choked. Dude went full Arsenal for few probably most important games in our history.
                          How can you say he chocked in the playoffs. When he was arguebly our best player in the franchise's lone ECF appearance? I didn't say the team chocked. I said our role players couldn't make open shots. With the way Lowry/Deebo were playing in the ECF if our role players make open shots we probably force a game 7.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            I'm glad that Lowry acknowledges that narrative as being true and vows to improve from it....

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...yle-lowry-life
                            "But we made the Eastern confernce finals, so must of done something right."

Not saying they didn't struggle but, saying they chocked the whole playoffs is false. If they chocked we wouldn't of gotten out the first round. Like the year prior.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

How can you say he chocked in the playoffs. When he was arguebly our best player in the franchise's lone ECF appearance? I didn't say the team chocked. I said our role players couldn't make open shots. With the way Lowry/Deebo were playing in the ECF if our role players make open shots we probably force a game 7.

DeRozan was laughably bad in the playoffs. It's a disservice to both not acknowledge that as well as group Lowry with him there. Lowry shot badly. DeRozan was an outright liability on both ends of the ball.

And by no definition would or should anyone consider DeRozan as the best player for this team during the ECF.

Hopefully, DeRozan can be better in the post season this year and, given his current play, if he can be at least 70% of this; he should be.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Just Is; Fri Dec 16, 2016, 07:15 PM.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

nobody said he chocked. choked, on the other hand...

give me a break, demar was awful to the point of becoming a league-wide joke in the first round of the playoffs. thank god for valanciunas or we'd probably have gotten knocked out in 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X