Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    ESPN’s Bobby Marks does an off season preview for every team after they are eliminated. Just read Philly’s.
    He talks about their 2 year window to use cap space. He floats the idea of Lebron/Kawhi/Paul George.......and then a Derozan trade. He’s speculating like you and I of course but he floats a Markelle Fultz/Covington/draft pick for Derozan trade. I would do that.
    Golly, that's interesting. We end up with a lot of PG's on the roster.

    I do like the idea of a non-tank tank. If you can get a high end prospect and a pick in a trade, that might solve your need to dive down the standings. At the least, it lets you give it a shot before maybe taking that tumble a couple seasons from now.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • That would be a home run. I'm not concerned about the too many point guards thing because Fultz is 6'4 and would slot into shooting guard and DeRozan's old position easily. Plus you get Covington who is a terrific defender and increases the Raptor's upside there. Plus you get a draft pick. Would Philly really do this?

      I was kind of thinking along the line of that if Philly strikes out in free agency they can use their cap space to trade Fultz for Lowry straight up and improve majorly immediately, playing Lowry off-ball in the starting lineup with Simmons as your principal ball handler. As much as that hurts Philly's future, I think you have to be concerned with how many healthy years you're going to get out of Embiid and really try to move your window up if you can.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

      Comment


      • If we could trade Lowry for Fultz and DeRozan for Wiggins and a pick that would be a hell of a start to a rebuild.

        Comment


        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          If we could trade Lowry for Fultz and DeRozan for Wiggins and a pick that would be a hell of a start to a rebuild.
          2 of the last 4 number 1 picks.....not bad at all

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            Golly, that's interesting. We end up with a lot of PG's on the roster.

            I do like the idea of a non-tank tank. If you can get a high end prospect and a pick in a trade, that might solve your need to dive down the standings. At the least, it lets you give it a shot before maybe taking that tumble a couple seasons from now.
            You should trade mark non-tank tank. That’s awesome. Like accelerated rebuild only better.

            Comment


            • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              You should trade mark non-tank tank. That’s awesome. Like accelerated rebuild only better.
              The accelerated rebuild didn't exactly work out great for us when BC did it.

              Comment


              • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                The accelerated rebuild didn't exactly work out great for us when BC did it.
                I spotted the problem.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post
                  ESPN has a take on 4 trades they would like to see the Raptors make (all involve DeMar):
                  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rozan-more-nba

                  Here they are in case you don't want to click on the link:










                  ** They stole my Dallas one..
                  as much as i would love to see Wiggins turn it around, I just don't know if he has the mentality to actually live up to his potential. He's not better than Derozan, and at this rate I don't see him becoming better. But maybe playing in toronto would be inspiring...

                  Overall the Kawhi trade is the only one I'd be realistically interested in. At this point I'm even thinking that if you could trade Jakob instead of Pascal it'd be better, since I think Pascal will ultimately be the more impactful and better player.

                  Comment


                  • Comment



                    • Comment


                      • http://torontosun.com/sports/basketb...he-out-of-time

                        Published a few days ago, and it's best viewed with the article where Grange speaks to the reasons that Casey was fired. Really interesting that Masai, back in December and maybe even at various other points of the season, got fed up with Demar and tore into him about what he needed to do better. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to hear Demar being shopped around this summer. Also, I can't believe we didn't hear about this earlier!

                        Comment


                        • Ball wrote: View Post
                          http://torontosun.com/sports/basketb...he-out-of-time

                          Published a few days ago, and it's best viewed with the article where Grange speaks to the reasons that Casey was fired. Really interesting that Masai, back in December and maybe even at various other points of the season, got fed up with Demar and tore into him about what he needed to do better. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to hear Demar being shopped around this summer. Also, I can't believe we didn't hear about this earlier!


                          At the time, in Ujiri’s mind, DeRozan wasn’t passing enough or passing well enough. He wasn’t defending enough, wasn’t shooting threes in any meaningful way
                          If you build your team around a player who isn't a great passer, doesn't defend well, and doesn't shoot threes, how can you really be surprised when he doesn't pass well, doesn't defend, and doesn't shoot threes.

                          I love DeMar but it's been evident for a long time that he's not a tier 1 star. And that is okay. But the gap between what you want him to be and who he is can't be solved with lectures.

                          More effort on D isn't going to improve his awareness or lateral quickness. It's not going to give him the creativity necessary to really break down defenses in the playoffs.

                          Masai can trade DeMar, but like Casey it's an assessment that's probably a few years too late.

                          Comment


                          • Would the Spurs go for this given the deterioration in the Kawhi relationship? Might still need to get them a pick

                            http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yczz684y


                            PG: Lowry/FVV/Patty Mills
                            SG: Buddy Hield/Norm
                            SF: Kawhi Leonard/ CJ Miles
                            PF: OG/Skal Labissiere
                            C: JV/Ibaka/Nogueira
                            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                            Comment


                            • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              If you build your team around a player who isn't a great passer, doesn't defend well, and doesn't shoot threes, how can you really be surprised when he doesn't pass well, doesn't defend, and doesn't shoot threes.

                              I love DeMar but it's been evident for a long time that he's not a tier 1 star. And that is okay. But the gap between what you want him to be and who he is can't be solved with lectures.

                              More effort on D isn't going to improve his awareness or lateral quickness. It's not going to give him the creativity necessary to really break down defenses in the playoffs.

                              Masai can trade DeMar, but like Casey it's an assessment that's probably a few years too late.
                              Imigane a one two combo of Durant and DeRozan

                              Jeeez, that's a tier above Curry and Klay I think, obv under Durant and Curry
                              Abbas wrote:

                              First of all i was my own source

                              Comment


                              • Lowry is what 31 i think

                                He has maybe 1 more good season left, Leonard is sooooo gone if Lowry is the best we Pair him with

                                DeRozan and Kawhi sounds way scary, however, I don't think San Antonio would trade for Lowry tbh given his age
                                Abbas wrote:

                                First of all i was my own source

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X