Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wallz wrote: View Post
    Gotta admit, I thought it was a terrible decision when it first happened. The timing just didn't make sense, but at least it's paying off now
    The timing was odd....

But I still think there was way too much backlash about it. It was never going to be vastly overpaying him, and it has turned out to be a very solid deal.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      The timing was odd....

But I still think there was way too much backlash about it. It was never going to be vastly overpaying him, and it has turned out to be a very solid deal.
      Timing was very odd, maybe they just wanted the movie moment of him signing it JUST before the first game.

The real good thing about the contract is the possibility that he's underpaid right now. If he keeps getting better every season in a couple of years this could be one of the best deals in the NBA (hoepfully).

Comment

• Wonder what the average salary is of the all-stars.

Last year it was $13.3 million, with the 3 lowest paid Eastern players making 5.4M, 2.7M and 2.6M. Number 4 made 11.3.
        The 3 lowest paid Western players made 9.6M, 7.2M and 5.8M with #4 making 12.5.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          Wonder what the average salary is of the all-stars.

Last year it was $13.3 million, with the 3 lowest paid Eastern players making 5.4M, 2.7M and 2.6M. Number 4 made 11.3.
          The 3 lowest paid Western players made 9.6M, 7.2M and 5.8M with #4 making 12.5.
          Remove the rookie deals and the results are more startling.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Remove the rookie deals and the results are more startling.
            Yeah if you remove rookie deals then DeRozan and Millsap are on the cheapest deals (Millsap's is only for 2 years though).

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              Yeah if you remove rookie deals then DeRozan and Millsap are on the cheapest deals (Millsap's is only for 2 years though).
              And DD will be for just 3.

Player option in 2016-17.

Comment

And DD will be for just 3.

Player option in 2016-17.
                So much for overpaid.

Comment

So much for overpaid.
                  yeah...my words from last year don't taste very good this year. between eating my pro tank sandwhich and my DeMar is over paid salad...I'm quite full
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    yeah...my words from last year don't taste very good this year. between eating my pro tank sandwhich and my DeMar is over paid salad...I'm quite full
                    Save the pro tank sandwich for a couple years down the road, it's still too early. And give half of the DeMar is overpaid salad to me.

Comment

So much for overpaid.
                      He might not be over paid but I don't think he is a bargain..... Not yet anyways.

Still pissed about the loss of leverage in RFA. A good example of why is with the Bargs trade. Never would have had to take on Q-Rich to make numbers work. The fact they could have had him cheaper is water under the bridge now.... #WellDiscussed
                      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Mar 25, 2014, 08:28 PM. Reason: F'ing autocorrect

Comment

He might not be over paid but I don't think he is a bargain..... Not yet anyways.

Still pissed about the loss of leverage in RFA. A good example of why is with the Bargs trade. Never would have had to take on Q-Rich to make numbers work. The fact they could have had him cheaper is water under the bridge now.... #WellDiscussed
                        I'm feeling ya'. And you are correct in that he is still a work in progress. The last few games have highlighted the flaws. But he has shown a propensity to work. And at 24, he will probably not develop a significantly greater Bball IQ (which I think is his biggest problem) but there is still time during his current contract to develop better reflexes to in-game situations, so that he automatically makes better decisions (except they won't be decisions so much as reflex reactions).

Comment

• Don't know how much flak I'm going to catch for this but I think that Waiters is currently better than DD, and will be better in the future than DD. Thoughts?

Aside: This was brought about from thinking of how Ross is a more natural 2, and how I would personally like to have a defensive backup PG with a 6th man type SG. Waiters I think could fit that role very well for ~30mpg. A legit starting 3 and D SF would be needed tho...I have an idea but need to look into it more yet...

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
                            Gotta admit, I thought it was a terrible decision when it first happened. The timing just didn't make sense, but at least it's paying off now
                            It actually wasn't a terrible decision.

If you look at what Tyreke got, and what Eric Gordon got the previous year, locking DD up early for less than 10M per year was smart on BC's part.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Don't know how much flak I'm going to catch for this but I think that Waiters is currently better than DD, and will be better in the future than DD. Thoughts?
                              Flak? No.

Request to elaborate a little? Yes please.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Don't know how much flak I'm going to catch for this but I think that Waiters is currently better than DD, and will be better in the future than DD. Thoughts?

Aside: This was brought about from thinking of how Ross is a more natural 2, and how I would personally like to have a defensive backup PG with a 6th man type SG. Waiters I think could fit that role very well for ~30mpg. A legit starting 3 and D SF would be needed tho...I have an idea but need to look into it more yet...
                                I'm known as one of the biggest critics of DD but suggesting that Waiters is better then DD just because he has played well with Kyrie out is just absurd. If he could keep this up for an extended run such as a season then I could see where your coming from.

Also Waiters hates being a 6th man. He flourishes when he starts and has the ball in his hands making plays. Also waiters is a headache to have on your team in sure if he's fighting with Kyrie its almost guaranteed that him and Kyle would have some friction
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X