No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said DD is OK on defense but JJ sucking isn't because DD suddenly did anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      Disagree... He's playing better defence in the playoffs than we've seen all season.
      I agree he played good defense last game but he played absolutely horrible defense for 2 out of 4 games.

Comment

Disagree... He's playing better defence in the playoffs than we've seen all season.
        Both ISO and team/help defence.... Demar just looks more engaged to me. I think it's the intensity of the playoffs and getting into another gear (effort wise).

Comment

• Posted Real Plus Minus a while back. It has DD as a minus defender, BUT only 21 of 91 SG's ended up as plus defenders.

DD ranked 29th of the 91 SG's defensively. Also, for context, Jimmy Butler was the only better defender who played more than DD's 38 MPG, and only 7 SG's who rated better defensively than DD played 30MPG. Lot easier to go all out on the defensive end when a player is only used in short spurts.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rp...RPM/position/2
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Both ISO and team/help defence.... Demar just looks more engaged to me. I think it's the intensity of the playoffs and getting into another gear (effort wise).
            Much more engaged, for sure. And his iso D was never his real weakest point. His team D was always worse, and also could often put him out of position on quick moves by his man on the catch (which I wouldn't call true iso play). He could get caught ball watching and/or sagging off his man too much. He isn't that good at chasing through screens.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
              I agree he played good defense last game but he played absolutely horrible defense for 2 out of 4 games.
              I think the whole team played bad defensively, but you can go ahead and say that Demar was "absolutely horrible" if you want. He was guarding Livingston and Anderson in the first couple games..... I disagree that he was "absolutely horrible."

Comment

• Statistics for defense are really kind of a joke, especially when using them to compare a bunch of players who are used differently on defense and possibly play in completely different defensive schemes. They don't take into account when you should have switched or not switched, or when a switch happened because you couldn't get around a screen or keep up with your man which caused a mismatch, doesn't take into account how many times ur man blows by you effortlessly and you get saved by the help defender, or where u screw up your rotations etc etc etc. So many things to consider on defense that don't get taken into account in statistics as far as I know (which isn't saying much lol).
                Last edited by Machine; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I think the whole team played bad defensively, but you can go ahead and say that Demar was "absolutely horrible" if you want. He was guarding Livingston and Anderson in the first couple games..... I disagree that he was "absolutely horrible."
                  Bold = not true. it was already pointed out in other threads and pretty obvious when watching the games. I'm not gonna go back and point out every mistake or the single handed runs he allowed his man to make whether it was jj or even Anderson. Its all been discussed by others already and quite frankly I know there is no changing some people's minds on here, which is completely fine. We all have the right to disagree.

However, I do agree that the team defense was also bad. I just think demar was especially bad in a couple games. Vasquez too. The good thing is they both improved last night.
                  Last edited by Machine; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Demar continues to impress me. After that first game, I had doubts he would recover. But he is looking better and getting more comfortable with playoff basketball with each passing game. Given the focus that the Nets put on Demar defensively, it blows me away that he continues to get better during the series.

He's gonna be a special player, defensive shortcomings or not.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      Statistics for defense are really kind of a joke, especially when using them to compare a bunch of players who are used differently on defense and possibly play in completely different defensive schemes. They don't take into account when you should have switched or not switched, or when a switch happened because you couldn't get around a screen or keep up with your man which caused a mismatch, doesn't take into account how many times ur man blows by you effortlessly and you get saved by the help defender, or where u screw up your rotations etc etc etc. So many things to consider on defense that don't get taken into account in statistics as far as I know (which isn't saying much lol).
                      I don't see how you could call the stats a joke without knowing what goes in them. By all means take them with a grain or multiple grains of salt, but they are advanced stats similar, though I'm sure not as all-encompassing as proprietary stats teams have at their disposal. After reading the methodology, these numbers seem more accurate than any others I've seen.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        I don't see how you could call the stats a joke without knowing what goes in them. By all means take them with a grain or multiple grains of salt, but they are advanced stats similar, though I'm sure not as all-encompassing as proprietary stats teams have at their disposal. After reading the methodology, these numbers seem more accurate than any others I've seen.
                        Was this referring to RPM?
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Demar continues to impress me. After that first game, I had doubts he would recover. But he is looking better and getting more comfortable with playoff basketball with each passing game. Given the focus that the Nets put on Demar defensively, it blows me away that he continues to get better during the series.

He's gonna be a special player, defensive shortcomings or not.
                          HE'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HIS PRIME YET. With his work ethic and now playoff experience, I expect nothing but pure stardom from him next year.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            HE'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HIS PRIME YET. With his work ethic and now playoff experience, I expect nothing but pure stardom from him next year.
                            Most players' primes are what? 27-31/32? DD's still got time baby!
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              They said the same thing about gay in his second year hahah

I'm kidding I love demar and I think he will only get better from now on hahah
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                                Most players' primes are what? 27-31/32? DD's still got time baby!
                                27 yearold Demar + 24 yearold Jonas + 26 yearold Ross

Who knows what they can accomplish.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X