Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I'd like to think of it as one his smarter accidents
    Lol this is probably more accurate. Kind of like the Lowry trade.

Comment

• Wow Avery Bradely at 8 Mil? Demar looking SEXY with that 9.5 Mil contract.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• avoided this very situation
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

avoided this very situation
          Yup should've just inked him to that 11/12M extension that was rumored. Huge mistake. Hindsight is 20/20 though, but I'm a supporter of extending borderline all-star level RFAs beforehand.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

avoided this very situation
            this is demar's thread.. c'mon.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              this is demar's thread.. c'mon.
              This is related to DD cuz had BC let DD go to RFA... this is exactly what woulda happend. Like Thead said, this is BC's smartest accident. lol

BC is still a moron though

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                This is related to DD cuz had BC let DD go to RFA... this is exactly what woulda happend. Like Thead said, this is BC's smartest accident. lol

He would probably offer Boris Diaw the max because he played so well in the finals ahah
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• And Capitan happy and his Crew want to trade DD for what ??!! DD has made so many improvements that now justifies his contract. People who want to trade him now are either idiots or just haters.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                    And Capitan happy and his Crew want to trade DD for what ??!! DD has made so many improvements that now justifies his contract. People who want to trade him now are either idiots or just haters.
                    This, you cannot get a player of DeRozan's caliber at his age for less than 9.5M anymore. Even if its a rookie-scale guy you're gonna have to pay eventually.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post

It might have happened but I don't agree.

This summer's free agency is already off looking to be one of the most ridiculous ever.

Imagine what Henderson would have brought in this summer given Meeks $6M and Gordon's $4.5M and Bradley's $8M.

It is all a moot point though regardless as he is going to be an UFA in 2 years!

Never should have had a player option in there.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        It might have happened but I don't agree.

This summer's free agency is already off looking to be one of the most ridiculous ever.

Imagine what Henderson would have brought in this summer given Meeks $6M and Gordon's $4.5M and Bradley's $8M.

It is all a moot point though regardless as he is going to be an UFA in 2 years!

Never should have had a player option in there.
                        And we had a lockout not too long ago to fix, what???

The owners must be looking at that $2B Clippers offer and thinking it's time to go all in now, load up the rosters and sell off the teams to the next group of pigeons before the bubble bursts.

No other rational explanation for it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          And we had a lockout not too long ago to fix, what???

The owners must be looking at that $2B Clippers offer and thinking it's time to go all in now, load up the rosters and sell off the teams to the next group of pigeons before the bubble bursts.

No other rational explanation for it.
                          Still doesn't explain 8M a year for Bradley or 6M a year for Meeks lol

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            Still doesn't explain 8M a year for Bradley or 6M a year for Meeks lol
                            Meeks' deal may not be that bad, he is 26 years old, and started 70 games last year, he also started for most of two seasons in Philly. You are looking at a very good 3 point shooter who averaged over 15 ppg last season (for a bad Lakers team), he does not force anything and does not turn the ball over. I think he will compliment the Detroit bigs very well.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Actually...... scratch DeRozan is on a good contract.

Dollar wise it is very good.

But if we're going to use the benefit of hindsight to say he lived up to his potential, then we should use the benefit of hindsight to say it wasn't long enough.

Restricted free agency is suppose to provide the team with rights leverage.

The Tyreke Evans deal is often used as a measuring stick. Let me ask RR this: would you rather DD at 3 years and $9.5M with player option for year 4 (which is not going to be used) or 4 years and $11M?

I'd rather the 4 years at $11M..... with the benefit of hindsight, of course.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Actually...... scratch DeRozan is on a good contract.

Dollar wise it is very good.

But if we're going to use the benefit of hindsight to say he lived up to his potential, then we should use the benefit of hindsight to say it wasn't long enough.

Restricted free agency is suppose to provide the team with rights leverage.

The Tyreke Evans deal is often used as a measuring stick. Let me ask RR this: would you rather DD at 3 years and $9.5M with player option for year 4 (which is not going to be used) or 4 years and $11M?

I'd rather the 4 years at $11M..... with the benefit of hindsight, of course.
                                Yeah the mistake was the player option.

Comment

Working...
                                X