No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does DeMar have a "career body of work" though? One could easily argue he had one good year which may or may not have been All Star worthy.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• He played 16 games people. After probably playing the most basketball of his career this summer. Every other east guard has played double the amount of games his has.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• #voteDeMar
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Does DeMar have a "career body of work" though? One could easily argue he had one good year which may or may not have been All Star worthy.
          Lol, he has a career body of work - just not the body of work that gets you an All-Star nod by reputation
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Eventually guys start to make the All-Star team because of career body of work, not specific statistical fluctuations in the current season. That would be why people think he deserves to make it.

The arguments for him not making it would be that he's missed too much time, and that he was a borderline All-Star last year who may have been leapfrogged by guys like Jimmy Butler. That his TS% dropped from 0.532 last season to 0.494 in the first couple months of this season is hardly enough of a reason to decide someone's not an All-Star anymore.
            His career is not grounds for annual allstar nod.

Even last year Lowry should have been representing the team.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              His career is not grounds for annual allstar nod.

Even last year Lowry should have been representing the team.
              I agree (my comment was answering a question more than giving my own opinion). DeMar was and still is a borderline All-Star. For guys like him it comes down to who else is on the ballot, and I haven't looked at it closely enough. I do think that whatever factors put him on or keep him off the team this year, a slight drop-off in his TS% won't be one of them.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TBH, i haven't watched more than a few minutes of All Star games since I was a kid. It's not Pro Bowl bad, but it's not good basketball for the most part. TRoss would actually be a better choice, not because he deserves it, but the game suits his style of play, i.e. lots of shooting and dunkiung, no defence, no hard contact.

Comment

TBH, i haven't watched more than a few minutes of All Star games since I was a kid. It's not Pro Bowl bad, but it's not good basketball for the most part. TRoss would actually be a better choice, not because he deserves it, but the game suits his style of play, i.e. lots of shooting and dunkiung, no defence, no hard contact.
                  Timmy D. has always hated them.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

TBH, i haven't watched more than a few minutes of All Star games since I was a kid. It's not Pro Bowl bad, but it's not good basketball for the most part. TRoss would actually be a better choice, not because he deserves it, but the game suits his style of play, i.e. lots of shooting and dunkiung, no defence, no hard contact.
                    It is now more of a celebration we give to the best players of that season, not really a game.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Me too. I've had zero interest in watching the game itself.

If nobody's competing, what's the point?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Me too. I've had zero interest in watching the game itself.

If nobody's competing, what's the point?
                        If its close by the 4th Quarter you start to see some good ball ... otherwise, ya... Its Drew League level.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          If its close by the 4th Quarter you start to see some good ball ... otherwise, ya... Its Drew League level.
                          Agreed. I just can't sit through 2 hours of rec league in order to reach the final 2 minutes.

I see the highlights in SportsCentre, and I don't miss anything

Comment

• The last AS game that i watched from start to finish.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demar is known to be a offseason worker as far as improving his game. Do you envision him becoming a higher percentage 3 pointer shooter as the season's progress in his career?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                                Demar is known to be a offseason worker as far as improving his game. Do you envision him becoming a higher percentage 3 pointer shooter as the season's progress in his career?
                                with his form he'll never be a consistent 3 point shooter. But this season he changed his form a little bit so there's hope he'll be decent.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X