Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    yeah, peeps just get a bit crazy at times, I do it too.

If were being rational.... this team was so shitty just three years ago...now they are second in the east only to a team that has gone into some sort of uber beast mode. 33-15? I take that all day long.

The 15 losses ruined my 69 win prediction, but even then, I dont think its time to start firing people just yet.

just wait till they sign durant
    I'm fine with the team. I just want a 3 & D guy to either start or backup JJ. I don't think we'll get KD.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

hahahaha yep.

and abou 20 games in I started to believe my own BS

were all back to earth now though
      I think the cause of much of the ongoing debate is that a portion of fans/posters think the Raptors have only fallen back to the EC-o-sphere, not all the way back to earth. It's a contentious debate of an entirely subjective 'what if' type scenario, between equally passionate fans... so there should be little surprise that so many arguments are being had.

Comment

• I just chuckle every time I see this thread pop up. Sure, we should trade DeMar DeRozan: a straight-up trade for Kevin Durant or Stephen Curry. Although neither one of them has as good a name.

Comment

yeah, peeps just get a bit crazy at times, I do it too.

If were being rational.... this team was so shitty just three years ago...now they are second in the east only to a team that has gone into some sort of uber beast mode. 33-15? I take that all day long.

The 15 losses ruined my 69 win prediction, but even then, I dont think its time to start firing people just yet.

just wait till they sign durant
          This is true. There is no shame in being second to the Atlanta Hawks.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Let's say I'm willing to trade Demar and expirings for a super duper star.

I just don't see any trades out there that are available that make sense. Jimmy butler is expiring, klay Thompson isn't going anywhere, etc.

Comment

• Other than Kyle Lowry, who are the 2 best UFA's the Raptors have ever signed?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Other than Kyle Lowry, who are the 2 best UFA's the Raptors have ever signed?
                Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Kapono

Comment

Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon!
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Kapono
                    Turkoglu pretty well stole the money we paid him, and Kapono was about as useful as Fields, only without severe injury as an excuse.

Don't love DD's game, (or even like it at times) but if MU believes he can lock up DeMar for a reasonable amount if/when he opts out after next year, I say hold on to him.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Pretty sure Antonio Davis was a UFA at some point and we re-signed him. He'd probably be third to me after Lowry and Hakeem (even though the latter was washed up, he's still a freakin legend).

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon!
                        That worked out well too.

No one mention Linas (God I hate that guy) Kleiza

Comment

That worked out well too.

No one mention Linas (God I hate that guy) Kleiza
                          Kleiza was serviceable when healthy. But blame Colangelo for hyping up the signing like it was LeBron coming home.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            Demar is known to be a offseason worker as far as improving his game. Do you envision him becoming a higher percentage 3 pointer shooter as the season's progress in his career?
                            Now here is something to ponder.

3 pointers for Demar last season

With Gay: 1.4 makes, 3.7 attempts per game (37.3%)
                            (2Pat was at 1.5 makes and 3.6 attempts per 36 last year for us)

Without Gay: 0.6 makes, 2.3 attempts per game (27.3%)

Coincidence?

Comment

• tdotted wrote: View Post
                              now here is something to ponder.

3 pointers for demar last season

with gay: 1.4 makes, 3.7 attempts per game (37.3%)
                              (2pat was at 1.5 makes and 3.6 attempts per 36 last year for us)

without gay: 0.6 makes, 2.3 attempts per game (27.3%)

coincidence?
                              i think not!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, but if his shot was fundamentally flawed the first 3 summers he spent working on it, that's simply, and unfortunately, time wasted. He's only started to develop a better form the last 2 summers (I think), and in the most recent one, clearly prioritized handles over all else.

I mean, if a guy has to completely change his form to raise his potential to improve in that area, it's going to be almost like starting from scratch again. I'm not trying to make an excuse, I'm just saying it makes it harder to evaluate him in that area because, again, those early summers were in no way helpful because of the difference in form.

It's also an area where development is hard to predict. A guy who's never shown much of any positive signs in terms of developing their shot can suddenly become great at it with enough work. DeMarre Carroll is a good current example.
                                I remember when P J Tucker was drafted, played the 4 at Texas and made 2 3's total in 3 years.

Never attempted one with the Raptors. At age 27 with the Suns shot .314, at 28 shot .387 and is at .350 this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X