Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    If you don't want to pay DeRozan $20+ million, you trade him sooner than later.
    Doesn't it depend on cap projections.

I'll pay DeMar 20 million if the cap is 90+, why not?

On a 90 million cap, thats 22% of the cap. That is the equivalent of DeMar getting 14 million now, which he would deserve and would get paid pretty easily.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
      And I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks DeRozan is a max player.
      Whatever Arrafalo gets Demar will get close to that imho. Cap space rise makes dollars hard to figure.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Was just saying, Rubio isn't as bad as some people perceive him to be. Let's get away from this discussion.

We've still got a whole year for his trade value to go up. Maybe convince him to opt in to his 9.5M? lol but seriously, I doubt he gets a 20M offer next season (maybe from the Knicks)
        His trade value is as high as it is going to be, IMO

It isn't about him getting a $20M offer. It is him being UFA and having leverage to leave for nothing. Don't ever forget this is a business. He might love toronto but money is status in NBA and his agent likely loves money more than Toronto.

Going to be a lot of cap space being thrown around as owners prepare for
        Another lockout in 207 due to their own stupidity.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
          Doesn't it depend on cap projections.

I'll pay DeMar 20 million if the cap is 90+, why not?

On a 90 million cap, thats 22% of the cap. That is the equivalent of DeMar getting 14 million now, which he would deserve and would get paid pretty easily.
          If cap is $90m he will be able to get a salary of 30% of cap after 7 years in league. That is $27m. So again $20+.

The only good thing is his cap hold in that summer wil be just $15.15

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Whatever Arrafalo gets Demar will get close to that imho. Cap space rise makes dollars hard to figure.
            Afflalo is old and declining.

DD entering prime.

Comment

If cap is $90m he will be able to get a salary of 30% of cap after 7 years in league. That is $27m. So again $20+.

The only good thing is his cap hold in that summer wil be just $15.15
              You think he's getting the full max in a summer packed with free agents (but of course also packed with cap room).

I think its a questionable proposition (its not the same as the Hayward or Parsons' maxes which were the lower percentage).

I'm not sure thats true.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Raptors and Demar will smartly use his cap hold to give them more cap room to run at Durant et all.

Comment

You think he's getting the full max in a summer packed with free agents (but of course also packed with cap room).

I think its a questionable proposition (its not the same as the Hayward or Parsons' maxes which were the lower percentage).

I'm not sure thats true.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Raptors and Demar will smartly use his cap hold to give them more cap room to run at Durant et all.
                I said $20+

Comment

I said $20+

But that accompanies a large 7 million dollar range that makes a difference to the conversation.

Like 27 million Demar is different than 21 millon Demar (especially factoring the percentage increases)

Comment

Afflalo is old and declining.

DD entering prime.
                    He can shoot threes and plays the same position. He may get a shorter deal but there aren't many SG and he may hit free agency next year. Dmars deal will take him close to 30 with a game that might not age well.

Comment

But that accompanies a large 7 million dollar range that makes a difference to the conversation.

Like 27 million Demar is different than 21 millon Demar (especially factoring the percentage increases)
                      Back to my original post:

If you don't want to pay DeMar $20+ you trade him sooner than later.

I don't know what he'll get. I just feel comfortable saying $20+. In my opinion that is what he is going to be looking for.

Comment

He can shoot threes and plays the same position. He may get a shorter deal but there aren't many SG and he may hit free agency next year. Dmars deal will take him close to 30 with a game that might not age well.
                        Time will tell.

The Nuggets didn't exactly give up a lot to get him: Fournier and #56 pick.

Orlando certainly tried to get as much as they could for him.

I don't think he is getting more than $10M per year.

Comment

Back to my original post:

If you don't want to pay DeMar $20+ you trade him sooner than later.

I don't know what he'll get. I just feel comfortable saying $20+. In my opinion that is what he is going to be looking for.
                          Demars salary isn't the problem. Paying 20M+ to the main scorer is reasonable. Question become whether Raptors have an offense with DD as the main scorer.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            R999 said Love boosts his assists. He matched his career high of 17 assists against the bulls without Kevin Love in less minutes. That's why I even brought up the 10 APG.

Well, I look at STATS . Cold hard irrefutable unbiased unwavering indubitable unequivocal STATS. I probably should edit my previous post and make that font size bigger but I said that "he's obviously not at that tier of play" (in reference to those players). Just letting you know his averages last season don't come by often. (Historical in a sense)
                            if you think randomly choosing stats to suit your narrative (why even bother with 80% FT?) or using a stat line across 5 games is 'Cold hard irrefutable unbiased unwavering indubitable and unequivocal' then you probably think amir johnson is our best 3 pointer cause hes shooting at a .429 clip right now.

Comment

Demars salary isn't the problem. Paying 20M+ to the main scorer is reasonable. Question become whether Raptors have an offense with DD as the main scorer.
                              They were #9 or 10 (I forget) in basketball last season with him as their #1 scorer. They have been in the top 3-5 this year when he's played.

Also I would think the ideal would be for the Raptors to get a high level power forward who can at least share the scoring load if not take the #1 spot with Lowry, DeMar and hopefully Jonas

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                if you think randomly choosing stats to suit your narrative
                                It's actually quite fun. Pick a player and try. It's not as easy as you think.

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                (why even bother with 80% FT?)
                                To improve the 'narrative'. lol get rid of the 80% FT and guys like blaylock and johnny moore (?) get added to the list. My case wouldn't have looked as good with those guys getting mentioned. Fact of the matter is, rubio's stat line last season is just the 14th time in NBA history (60 something years) that has happened (70 games played). Is it wrong to say that a player isn't THAT bad when he records a historical stat line?

or using a stat line across 5 games is 'Cold hard irrefutable unbiased unwavering indubitable and unequivocal'
                                Haha I was using his 10 APG to back up my point that his assists are not boosted by Love. Tell me how they are.

then you probably think amir johnson is our best 3 pointer cause hes shooting at a .429 clip right now.
                                Well no, only an idiot would think that. He only makes 0.2 a game. Maybe you took the 'unbiased irrefutable' nonsense literally lol.
                                Last edited by tDotted; Mon Jan 26, 2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X