Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    1. I'm not Dan. 2. You really did not say he was elite at getting to the line.

Also, what would totals tell you that rates wouldn't? It would more or less depend on how many minutes DeMar has played this season, and he missed, what, 20 games? He's gonna be even lower there.
    1. I know.

Per game totals would tell you how many rebounds or assists he gets per same. Compared to other shooting guards. basically I'm interested I seeing how he compares to other starting shooting guards who play similar minutes.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
      I think demar is elite at getting to the rim, driving, drawing contact and getting to the line. If he could shoot better shots aside for that, take what the defence gives him, he could shoot a decent FG % imo, but he wouldn't get 20 pts a night.

He'd be a better player, but is he willing to be unselfish, not try to be a top scorer in the league no matter what, for the betterment of the team? If he could shoot in the context of the offence, hit the corner 3 from time to time, and play solid D, I would be happy if we paid him a lot of money to stay.

And I think it is possible, because he's a hard worker and overall has a great attitude.
      2. Here you go. P.31. Right where I said it was, the post just previous to the one quoted.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        It's ridiculous that this is even a thread and that it has gone this long
        Happens every few months.

Comment

How is it the exact opposite of reality when I said he was elite at getting to the line. The only thing I said he was elite at. You agreed w me, and said everything I said was the opposite of reality. I happen to think he is a decent passer. Wish he would do more of it. I didn't say he is an assist leader. That would be pretty easy to check. I also said he is a decent rebounder. Didn't say great. But I admit didnt realize he was 17th. Then you agree with him being a good ball handler. So really? ''The exact opposite of reality'?

When you say shit like that, you lose me. Otherwise happy to have a normal discussion, based in some kind of reality.
          Apologies - you replied to my reply to another poster, who stated that a DeMar was elite at nothing but good at many things, wherein I asked what things he was good at. I mistakenly abridged your post and his.

My point stands though - he is good at none of the things you list (tangible things) other than his elite skill of getting to the line.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

1. I know.

Per game totals would tell you how many rebounds or assists he gets per same. Compared to other shooting guards. basically I'm interested I seeing how he compares to other starting shooting guards who play similar minutes.
            The rankings I gave were only for qualified players - guys who have played lots of games and minutes. DeMar isn't even eligible, I just looked up where his rates would rank.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DeMar is also elite at USG%
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                DeMar is also elite at USG%
                That actually made me laugh

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  The rankings I gave were only for qualified players - guys who have played lots of games and minutes. DeMar isn't even eligible, I just looked up where his rates would rank.
                  So you're basically saying that you just threw out rankings and the guy wasn't even eligible??

Maybe next time you should indicate that in the actual post...

At times you really seem to have a bias against Demar....(not at times it's super obvious).

You said he's not really great at anything and then a few posts later say he's elite at getting to the line (after another poster Big Boi pointed it out).

Remember early in the season you said Demar wasn't elite at drawing fouls while posting how elite JV was at drawing fouls (using some stat as FTR I believe)?? I know this because you actually argued this fact with me...

It seems a lot of people respect your knowledge of the CBA and advanced stats....and I respect that as well.

I just don't understand why with all your supposed knowledge of the game, you can't see that (overall) Demar makes this team better. I guess his intangibles just don't show up on your stats... so you miss it.

I don't want to start a war (because I'm pretty sure you're like JV around here - untouchable).... I'm just pointing out what I noticed.

For all the back and forth I've had with a few posters, I learned to respect them because if not consistent, at least guys like McHappy and OldSkoolCool clearly state their bias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Apologies - you replied to my reply to another poster, who stated that a DeMar was elite at nothing but good at many things, wherein I asked what things he was good at. I mistakenly abridged your post and his.

My point stands though - he is good at none of the things you list (tangible things) other than his elite skill of getting to the line.
                    Apology accepted. FYI: I did also say he is a good ball handler, good at bringing the ball up, good at handling pressure in the back court. I think that is tangible.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      So you're basically saying that you just threw out rankings and the guy wasn't even eligible??

Maybe next time you should indicate that in the actual post...
                      Wait, how is that in any way skewing anything? I could have gone with all players rather than just qualified guys (which DeMar usually is), but then his rankings would be much lower.

At times you really seem to have a bias against Demar....(not at times it's super obvious).

You said he's not really great at anything and then a few posts later say he's elite at getting to the line (after another poster Big Boi pointed it out).
                      When did I say he wasn't really great at anything? I asked for a list of things he is good at, precisely because I believe that list to be one item in length.

Remember early in the season you said Demar wasn't elite at drawing fouls while posting how elite JV was at drawing fouls (using some stat as FTR I believe)?? I know this because you actually argued this fact with me...
                      Yes. I do indeed think he is more "very good" than "elite" in this area, but since the argument was about his well-roundedness, I felt it prudent to stick to the common vernacular. In other words, I thought it was a different discussion, and didn't want to big this one down with a reiteration of the discussion we had earlier in the year.

It seems a lot of people respect your knowledge of the CBA and advanced stats....and I respect that as well.

I just don't understand why with all your supposed knowledge of the game, you can't see that (overall) Demar makes this team better. I guess his intangibles just don't show up on your stats... so you miss it.
                      Or we simply disagree, and it's not me missing something. Or maybe I am missing something. I'm open to the possibility. Are you?

I don't want to start a war (because I'm pretty sure you're like JV around here - untouchable).... I'm just pointing out what I noticed.

For all the back and forth I've had with a few posters, I learned to respect them because if not consistent, at least guys like McHappy and OldSkoolCool clearly state their bias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I don't mind you disagreeing with me, but could you lay off the attacks?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Apology accepted. FYI: I did also say he is a good ball handler, good at bringing the ball up, good at handling pressure in the back court. I think that is tangible.
                        Good ball handler? He almost lost the ball AGAIN at the end of the Wizards game trying to do a behind the back dribble!

Comment

• Brace yourselves .. "The Merging" is coming ...

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            Good ball handler? He almost lost the ball AGAIN at the end of the Wizards game trying to do a behind the back dribble!
                            Ha. Yeah, an over confident move. That he then bailed himself out with, on an awful shot, that went in.

That was almost a costly turnover for sure. But that doesn't mean he isn't a good ball handler. Turnovers happen. But I will say sometimes he seems a little obsessed with his improved handles... He should keep it simple.

Comment

• Hey Dan. Are you able to show rankings of starting 2 guards rebounds, assists (points) etc? Do you have it handy? Or whatever usage rate (have to admit I'm not familiar with all the stats used these days) you have / were using.

Honestly, I'm interested. Prepared to be wrong and enlightened. And it seems like you have a good handle on the numbers.

Thanks

Comment

Hey Dan. Are you able to show rankings of starting 2 guards rebounds, assists (points) etc? Do you have it handy? Or whatever usage rate (have to admit I'm not familiar with all the stats used these days) you have / were using.

Honestly, I'm interested. Prepared to be wrong and enlightened. And it seems like you have a good handle on the numbers.

Thanks
                                Are you seriously asking for basic stats in a discussion about player efficiency?

Advanced stats and analytics are here to stay. You know why? Because they actually fucking work.

Comment

Working...
                                X