Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I like DeMar at $10m a year - he's a bargain. I'm interested in how he might play under a different coach. I love it when he focuses on playmaking, rebounding, and defence. I don't want him if he's going to be the highest paid player on the team under his next contract, take 15+FGA and shoot 40%.
    And He should NOT be the highest paid player on our team and that would be on MU to give him the right contract. DD at best is the 2nd best option in a championship team ( at best) but that does not mean we need to trade him.

The problem here is that HATERS are scared that DD will do much better than he is doing under the new coach and under the new system.

They fear that then they have no excuse for trading DD. It is really sad. Give the guy a chance under the new coach. See how he plays and then put the responsibility on your GM to sign him to a new good deal.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Also, the bolded is horseshit.
      Yes, you are right. T.Ross camping on the corner. Amir Johnson walking on no ankle, Landry fields who has shot and made 4 baskets this year, G.V. !!! yes, these are talents that the whole league is dreaming about having.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
        I'm not going to claim he's a superstar. At the same time I'm not going to complain about 19.5ppg/4.7reb/3.3ast/1.2st. Sure, the 40% shooting is questionable, but he gets to the line enough that it shouldn't matter. I've never understood what the hell is so bad with thinking that DeMar is a superstar. He's the best player we've ever had (to my knowledge) who's said that he wants to retire a Raptor, and he has continuously improved since being drafted here. While we may be forgetting the rest of season (which, by the way, hasn't been all that bad), I think YOU are forgetting the more important things he's done for this team.
        Nice post.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          The problem here is that HATERS are scared that DD will do much better than he is doing under the new coach and under the new system.
          This is so accurate. We're scared of the Raptors doing well.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
            I think you keep him and see what happens with a new coach, Unless a deal comes up that has incredible value. Like Wiggins/Lottery pick level value.

Lowry signed a good value deal, I would be surprised if Derozan thinks he's that much more important than his buddy so I don't worry about that too much.

You see if he can produce All-star numbers under a new coach, if he doesn't or if he wants a big payday then you move him next year. He'll still have value, You have a GM who gets pretty good returns out of deals, and you gave him a shot to prove what he can do in a new system.

So unless you get an offer that blows your socks off I don't think you trade him before you give him some burn under a new coach.
            Nicely said. Also don't forget, 2016 there will be jump in salaries across the board. So if MU can sign DD this year to a long term deal of lets say 16 million a year for 5 years, then we should totally do it.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              Nicely said. Also don't forget, 2016 there will be jump in salaries across the board. So if MU can sign DD this year to a long term deal of lets say 16 million a year for 5 years, then we should totally do it.
              Except MU can't do that.

The longest extension he can be given this summer is 2 years and it would be for approx. $15m.

Comment

I'm not going to claim he's a superstar. At the same time I'm not going to complain about 19.5ppg/4.7reb/3.3ast/1.2st. Sure, the 40% shooting is questionable, but he gets to the line enough that it shouldn't matter. I've never understood what the hell is so bad with thinking that DeMar is a superstar. He's the best player we've ever had (to my knowledge) who's said that he wants to retire a Raptor, and he has continuously improved since being drafted here. While we may be forgetting the rest of season (which, by the way, hasn't been all that bad), I think YOU are forgetting the more important things he's done for this team.
                Nothing against Demar but he's not even the best player on this current Raptors team; much less in Raptors history.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Umm Vince?
                  Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Nothing against Demar but he's not even the best player on this current Raptors team; much less in Raptors history.

Don't ignore the rest of the sentence please. I was saying that he is the best player we've ever had who said that he wants to retire a Raptor. Sorry If that was not more clear.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    The concern is with players who have that player option tend not to return value equal to their worth the longer one waits.

That comes back to the risks.

If I didn't feel he was going to look for $20m+ on his next deal, I would be interestd in seeing what happens with a new coach.
                    Yea well, Bargs happened. So that was a thing.

I know it was the knicks and all that but the fact remains MU has shown an ability to do well in trades. He hasn't shown the ability to move top end talent his way, but he has shown the ability to take an asset we undervalue and find someone who overvalues the asset to come out quite well.

I think it's well worth the risk to take Derozan and put him in a new system. We all acknowledge his flaws, but I think his strengths are so under utilized, and a proper system could do wonders for him and make him even more valuable.

Basically the risk of seeing what he can do when encouraged to play to his strengths outweighs the risk of obtaining a slightly lower return. Unless of course the original return weighs in as a Lotto pick/ Wiggins.

Comment

Don't ignore the rest of the sentence please. I was saying that he is the best player we've ever had who said that he wants to retire a Raptor. Sorry If that was not more clear.
                      Vince in his early days(if you remember) said the same thing.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Umm, Demar isn't a superstar because he doesn't consistently produce at a superstar level. There are only a few in this league. Please remind me of the more important things he's done? Other than making an all-star team, I can't seem to remember much. Also, Lowry's a better player than him.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          lol, only now did I realize that your avatar is Bruno. I honestly thought it was Nas all this time.

Lousy peripheral vision....

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Umm, Demar isn't a superstar because he doesn't consistently produce at a superstar level. There are only a few in this league. Please remind me of the more important things he's done? Other than making an all-star team, I can't seem to remember much. Also, Lowry's a better player than him.
                            He made Team USA and won gold, which is more than Lowry can say lol. DeMar was also picked to be an all star by coaches, not by the help of crazy, dedicated Canadians voting in a Kyle Lowry who only had 1 good month playing solid ball.

But he's definitely not a superstar, that's ridiculous. He's no where near LeBron, Curry, etc. status

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              Now that Demar had the best night of his career, every demar fan is going to come out and start claiming he's a superstar, completely forgetting the rest of his season.
                              Yup lmao
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
                                He made Team USA and won gold, which is more than Lowry can say lol. DeMar was also picked to be an all star by coaches, not by the help of crazy, dedicated Canadians voting in a Kyle Lowry who only had 1 good month playing solid ball.

But he's definitely not a superstar, that's ridiculous. He's no where near LeBron, Curry, etc. status
                                He's a borderline all star(who is just getting better and better every year) just like Lowry. But he's a our best scorer and is severely underrated n this forum.

If you ask me who i'd rather keep between Lowry and DeRozan going forward. I'd keep DeRozan. Because 1.) He plays 82 games a year, he never gets hurt. And 2.) He's only 25 years old, Lowry is 30 and is never healthy. There's always something going on with Lowry health wise. His style of play doesn't help.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X