Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I have no idea what this core can do, despite the last two seasons. And I doubt anyone else does. The team has plenty of talent, maybe not enough to be a surefire contender, but enough to be a team to look out for in the East, with ways to improve going forward. The team just isn't going to reach it's potential playing ISO O and scramble D, that's really the only thing this season has proven to me.
    That is fair.

Canning casey is #1 priority regardless of what they do, I hope.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      That is fair.

Canning casey is #1 priority regardless of what they do, I hope.
      Seems inevitable. The system seems to have a low ceiling IMO, regardless of the personnel trying to execute it. I suppose one could find 10-12 guys in the league that could take his system deep into the playoffs, but seems like a much more difficult task than just changing the system/coach.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        I think its funny that nobody wants to think about trading DD now that he has trade value, but when he had no trade value everyone eanted to trade him. He has been playing well of late, but the team is still 5-5 in their last 10 with one good win against a hobbled Houston team. He is on a hot streak but i think its fair to ask how long it will last and how good we can be if he is the primary scorer.

I never once even in his rookie said i wanted to trade him
        im a huge demar fan and want him to retire a raptor
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Whether you agree or not it is still nice to see someone else understands the logic.

If Masai decides anyone is not going to be a pet of the core moving forward, it would be nice to sell high.

I understand this is all a process but the same core has been together for nearly 2 full seasons. It is pretty much known what they can do now. We'll see if the playoofs offer any surprises.

I fully expect the summer to see a significant move with one of DD, KL, or JV being moved. I could be wrong. I don't really give a poop though as I am just sharing an opinion.

As masai has said, "this is the start." Im not sure how anyone expects the same core to make it to the finish.
          I'm not sure this is accurate.

Will Washington resign themselves to having to trade one of Beal or Wall this summer if they lose in the first round?

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure this is accurate.

Will Washington resign themselves to having to trade one of Beal or Wall this summer if they lose in the first round?

Oh my.

player: Lowry/DD vs. Wall/Beal

years under contract: 2-1/1-1 vs. 4/1-RFA

Totally different circumstances.

Comment

Seems inevitable. The system seems to have a low ceiling IMO, regardless of the personnel trying to execute it. I suppose one could find 10-12 guys in the league that could take his system deep into the playoffs, but seems like a much more difficult task than just changing the system/coach.
              For sure.

I've posted numerous times on the risks associated with keeping DeMar.

I just think he is going to net the biggest return in a trade and think his value given his age, contract status, skill set playing in ISO system will never be higher.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading DeRozan AND Lowry, to be honest. Assuming they returned high ceiling prospects or lottery picks, Raps would be in the same place as they would have been had they tanked - they just would have won many more games along the way.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                I think its funny that nobody wants to think about trading DD now that he has trade value, but when he had no trade value everyone eanted to trade him. He has been playing well of late, but the team is still 5-5 in their last 10 with one good win against a hobbled Houston team. He is on a hot streak but i think its fair to ask how long it will last and how good we can be if he is the primary scorer.
                When Lowry had his impressive month of December, no one doubted it. Or when Danny Granger went down in Indy and Paul George went off, everyone saw him as the real deal. Butler was just a great defender last season, this year he's had a good season and everyone is in love with him.

I don't see why so much doubt lingers on Demar and his ability to keep playing well when we've seen similar players essentially emerge to take their game to the next level. Demar is a hardworker who hasn't reached his ceiling, what we're seeing could in fact be his next level.

Lowry, JV, and DeMar should not go anywhere until a coach with a better system gets a crack at this team.

Also, without Lowry what do you expect will happen. Come on guys look at our roster, no matter how good DeMar and JV and Lou may play, without Lowry we're simply not good enough. The inconsistencies of play for the rest of our guys on the roster will bring us down no matter how hard DeMar plays. I mean he needed a career high to beat a short staffed Houston by 3.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
                  When Lowry had his impressive month of December, no one doubted it. Or when Danny Granger went down in Indy and Paul George went off, everyone saw him as the real deal. Butler was just a great defender last season, this year he's had a good season and everyone is in love with him.

I don't see why so much doubt lingers on Demar and his ability to keep playing well when we've seen similar players essentially emerge to take their game to the next level. Demar is a hardworker who hasn't reached his ceiling, what we're seeing could in fact be his next level.

Lowry, JV, and DeMar should not go anywhere until a coach with a better system gets a crack at this team.

Also, without Lowry what do you expect will happen. Come on guys look at our roster, no matter how good DeMar and JV and Lou may play, without Lowry we're simply not good enough. The inconsistencies of play for the rest of our guys on the roster will bring us down no matter how hard DeMar plays. I mean he needed a career high to beat a short staffed Houston by 3.
                  Every single player in the NBA has talent.

What separates the average to the good-great players is bringing it night in and night out - in all areas of their game.

DeRozan has played really well of late - incredible on a couple of nights. But you need your top guy to bring their A game, and more than scoring, night in and night out with just a few off nights per year - that is over 82 games. He has been unable to do that over 6 years with last season being the closest he has come to doing it.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post

I understand and agree to an extent. But here is a different look at DD situation.

Would you consider Joe Johnson and Demar Derozan as players with same impact in games?Forget about JJ's contract and age for a minute. I think they are similar "impact in games" wise.

Now, put JJ's contract on DD. Because that's what you are looking at the summer after this one.

Will you be satisfied with a humongous contract tied up to a mediocre talent for 5 years eating up your cap while having passable (not major) impact in games? Remember the Joe Johnson years in Atlanta? I think this is why some posters here want DD traded this summer while the value is as high as it can get during his current contract.

Comment

For sure.

I've posted numerous times on the risks associated with keeping DeMar.

I just think he is going to net the biggest return in a trade and think his value given his age, contract status, skill set playing in ISO system will never be higher.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading DeRozan AND Lowry, to be honest. Assuming they returned high ceiling prospects or lottery picks, Raps would be in the same place as they would have been had they tanked - they just would have won many more games along the way.
                      There's where we differ. I think we should try and hold onto Demar. I'd be very interested to see what a different coach and more appropriate system could do with this roster. Now if a great deal comes along than so be it. But I do not shop him. I treat him as a top5 SG in the league, whether he is or not. I think if we shop him, that reduces his value right there, and MU could probably extract more from a potential trade partner if he is receiving calls, as opposed to making them. But that's just a hunch and probably has no bearing whatsoever on potential returns.

And again, I think the system we play exposes Demar's flaws and reduces his value. He shoots 40% FG and can barely get a 3 to go through the hoop, so not sure the ISO system is working in his favour. Put him is a system team oriented offence rather than this free for all chaos and I think he becomes a much better looking player. Same goes for Lowry.

My hope is for a coaching change and to land a player or two in free agency this offseason, maybe sprinkle in a minor trade or two.

Ultimately, we play offence like OKC, only they have 2 of the 5 most unstoppable players in the league. Something's gotta change, and for me it's obviously the way we play. I just don't see the same risks with keeping Demar...Casey however, well that's a different story.

Comment

Whether you agree or not it is still nice to see someone else understands the logic.

If Masai decides anyone is not going to be a pet of the core moving forward, it would be nice to sell high.

I understand this is all a process but the same core has been together for nearly 2 full seasons. It is pretty much known what they can do now. We'll see if the playoofs offer any surprises.

I fully expect the summer to see a significant move with one of DD, KL, or JV being moved. I could be wrong. I don't really give a poop though as I am just sharing an opinion.

As masai has said, "this is the start." Im not sure how anyone expects the same core to make it to the finish.
                        I can agree with this. Although, I think one of TR, KL or JV may be traded this offseason.

I just don't see us trading Demar... Sorry McHappy.... I know it's been a dream of yours for a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's where we differ. I think we should try and hold onto Demar. I'd be very interested to see what a different coach and more appropriate system could do with this roster. Now if a great deal comes along than so be it. But I do not shop him. I treat him as a top5 SG in the league, whether he is or not. I think if we shop him, that reduces his value right there, and MU could probably extract more from a potential trade partner if he is receiving calls, as opposed to making them. But that's just a hunch and probably has no bearing whatsoever on potential returns.

And again, I think the system we play exposes Demar's flaws and reduces his value. He shoots 40% FG and can barely get a 3 to go through the hoop, so not sure the ISO system is working in his favour. Put him is a system team oriented offence rather than this free for all chaos and I think he becomes a much better looking player. Same goes for Lowry.

My hope is for a coaching change and to land a player or two in free agency this offseason, maybe sprinkle in a minor trade or two.

Ultimately, we play offence like OKC, only they have 2 of the 5 most unstoppable players in the league. Something's gotta change, and for me it's obviously the way we play. I just don't see the same risks with keeping Demar...Casey however, well that's a different story.
                          Bold 1: I agree.

Bold 2: Maybe. I'm not sure he puts up the same numbers in a more team oriented structure. Then there is still the defensive side of the ball.

Bold 3: Definitely agree.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            I understand and agree to an extent. But here is a different look at DD situation.

Would you consider Joe Johnson and Demar Derozan as players with same impact in games?Forget about JJ's contract and age for a minute. I think they are similar "impact in games" wise.

Now, put JJ's contract on DD. Because that's what you are looking at the summer after this one.

Will you be satisfied with a humongous contract tied up to a mediocre talent for 5 years eating up your cap while having passable (not major) impact in games? Remember the Joe Johnson years in Atlanta? I think this is why some posters here want DD traded this summer while the value is as high as it can get during his current contract.
                            To be fair, with the cap rising significantly DD making JJ type money won't be nearly as financially limiting as it presently is, or was when it was signed. And I have a hunch Demar isn't gonna command that type of money anyways. I am of the belief that he will probably get in the $14-17M range, which isn't so bad IMO. In any event, I'd like to see what he brings next season before moving on.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              I can agree with this. Although, I think one of TR, KL or JV may be traded this offseason.

I just don't see us trading Demar... Sorry McHappy.... I know it's been a dream of yours for a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he played the way he has shown he is capable of, 90% of the time like most all-stars, I wouldn't be dreaming for him to be traded.

But we shall see what happens.

Comment

Bold 1: I agree.

Bold 2: Maybe. I'm not sure he puts up the same numbers in a more team oriented structure. Then there is still the defensive side of the ball.

Bold 3: Definitely agree.
                                I don't think he needs to. He just needs to score more efficiently, and move the ball better. He is becoming a pretty good option for initiating offence, he just needs to be a part of a system that expects him to make smarter plays, as opposed to shooting poor shots. I know you don't think he is capable of this, but I view Demar as a guy that is very coachable and wants to win, and if changing his game offensively is required I think he would be willing to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X