Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Interesting that you choose win% as the stat of choice. So WinShares48 would the best, cause we don't want to short-change DD just because he got hurt and missed time (thus lowering his WinShares).

Last year, DD produced WS48 of 0.090 (good for 172nd of all players averaging at least 15 MPG). Last year (by far his career best) he was 0.141.

So in that range plus making less than $18M-$20M (Gordon Haywood signed for $14M-$16M for comparison's sake - and produced 0.159 WS48 last year)....

the previously mentioned Danny Green had 0.163 last year (even managed 0.083 in his rookie season in Cleveland FWIW). Made $4M last year and is a UFA. Should be able to get him for at least half the cost as DD.

DeMarre Carroll gets brought up a lot, had 0.154 WS48 last year (0.119 and 0.134 the previous 2 years). Coming off of a deal for just $2.4M.

Cory Joseph is another name that gets mentioned a lot. WS48 of 0.149, 0.148, 0.113 the last 3 years. Restricted free agent coming off $2M deal.

Ersan Ilyasova could be available if Milwaukee really wants to play Jabari at PF or depending on the draft. Signed for roughly $8M for 2 more years. WS48 0.146 last year and a career 0.130.

Jonas Jerebko - coming off $4.5M deal in Boston - WS48 of 0.135 on the year and 0.107 for his career.

Gallinari is on for $11.5M next year (expiring). WS48 of 0.98 is his career low (in his 2nd year) and was 0.138 last year.

Jared Sullinger seems a bit at odds with the Celtics (comments about his conditioning and production + wealth of assets) despite WS48 of 0.123 at $2.2M price tag.

Al-Farouq Aminu has a player option for just $1.1M despite WS48 of 0.115 (0.199 in playoffs) this year.

Jae Crowder was paid $915k this year with WS48 of 0.113 on the year. RFA, but certainly an option that would be cheaper than your $18M for DD.

Rodney Stuckey signed for $1.2M last year and produced 0.103 WS48.

James Johnson had WS48 0.143 for us last year. Expand his role and he's a bargain at $2.5M

Lots of options that would be cheaper than Demar and can contribute to a winning team at a relatively equal rate.
    ummmm wait what, did i miss something here, winshared ? I don't know why your popping of about that. maybe some sort of confusion ill take the blame for.... when i wrote win% I meant how much his team wins like 50% on the season would be a record of 41 wins and 21 losses. but just out of curiosity are you suggesting the players above would be as efficient as DD being the man scorer on our team playing under a very unfavorable DC iso small ball lol fuck our coach is nuts ..

id like to ask you this to do you think that if Demar replaced those players mentioned on there current teams playing under the same system that they would out play Demar ?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      You could get Danny Green and add a player like Ilyasova (via trade) for roughly the same price as DD by himself (assuming $16M). Is DD better than having both of those players?

Opportunity cost needs to be taken into account.
      come on man

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        I think Green is clearly the better basketball player and I'll address some erroneous points you're trying to make here.

First, trying to write off Danny Green's accomplishments because he plays for a good team is just stupid. Which player has left the Spurs and been worse at their new team? None. Moving on.

Second, every NBA teams offensive system suits Green, and none suit Demar. A guard who is a plus defender and shoots over 40% from 3pt land is desirable everywhere. A ball stopper with shoddy defense who shoots terrible %'s all over the court doesn't fit anywhere.

Third, Green still shot 35% from 3 on the road this year, which is a good 3pt percentage, and way better than anything Demar has ever sniffed. I bet you never even bothered to look up last season, where he shot .427 on the road and was better on the road than at home (.403 at home). That whole argument falls apart right there, Danny Green is a great 3pt shooter both at home and on the road.

Fourth, Danny Green is a great defender and has proven it year after year. He's got the third best DRtg on the Spurs, just behind Duncan and Kawhi. If it was just the system, he'd probably be more in line with the rest of the team instead of so much better.

Now, how exactly is Demar better than Green? You guys just keep saying he's better without giving a single reason why.
        I'll make this quick as possible.

1) Green is the better shooter but Demar is by far the better scorer.

2) Demar is more versatile.... Plays a bigger role for his team. Teams double team him on a regular basis (often the easiest way to tell if you're a good player). Teams game-plan for Demar.

3) Demar is a better playmaker than Green. Also average more assists than Green even though The Spurs were one of the best passing teams in the League.

4) Demar is also arguably a better rebounder (averaged more rebounds per game than Green last season)

5) Demar definitely has better handles than Green. He's also shown the ability to put the ball on the floor and get a basket (ISO)

6) Demar is better at absorbing and finishing through contact. Way more comfortable in the paint than Green is.

7) Demar is younger (25) and still has potential to improve....Green (27) is probably in his prime and is pretty much a finished product.

Demar is actually a solid defender (underrated around these parts) and I think he would perform just as good as Danny Green if he played in the Spurs system.

This small list is what I'd like to call proof he's better.

1) all star appearance at 24 (just last year)
        2) invited and won a roster spot for team USA
        3) makes more than twice as much $$$
        4) recently won NBA player of the month for April 25, 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          I'll make this quick as possible.

1) Green is the better shooter but Demar is by far the better scorer.

2) Demar is more versatile.... Plays a bigger role for his team. Teams double team him on a regular basis (often the easiest way to tell if you're a good player). Teams game-plan for Demar.

3) Demar is a better playmaker than Green. Also average more assists than Green even though The Spurs were one of the best passing teams in the League.

4) Demar is also arguably a better rebounder (averaged more rebounds per game than Green last season)

5) Demar definitely has better handles than Green. He's also shown the ability to put the ball on the floor and get a basket (ISO)

6) Demar is better at absorbing and finishing through contact. Way more comfortable in the paint than Green is.

7) Demar is younger (25) and still has potential to improve....Green (27) is probably in his prime and is pretty much a finished product.

Demar is actually a solid defender (underrated around these parts) and I think he would perform just as good as Danny Green if he played in the Spurs system.

This small list is what I'd like to call proof he's better.

1) all star appearance at 24 (just last year)
          2) invited and won a roster spot for team USA
          3) makes more than twice as much $$$
          4) recently won NBA player of the month for April 25, 2015

"Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Wouldn't Demar be exposed if he was on the Spurs? A ball stopper who can't hit 3s and plays poor defense would be a bench warmer on a Pop coached team. I'm not convinced DD is better than Green. Demar gets to the FT line more, but he's worse at everything else. Green is a way better shooter and a way better defender. DD got to the all star game by stat stuffing on a mediocre team, averaging 38 minutes per game and 18 shots per game would give any player a reasonable shot at the all star team.

The fact Green can be added for $5-10M less per year than Demar makes it a no brainier in my book.
            yeah good points id imagine that most teams probable have their best defender on green the focal point of their offense, id like to have more intellectual conversations with you.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Best post ever made on here....

Thank you for this. Thank you very very much.
              how so I never said anything about wins shared, its literally a made up rant.

Comment

• Somebody do a Danny Green/Klay Thompson comparison next

Comment

• The fact that Green/DD is even a debate is a joke.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Don't you guys find it funny that most of DD haters our raptor fans but if you ask coaches and players they sing his praise?

Honestly Kyle Skyler is right. Do you know how ridiculous it is to trade an All-star for an 19 year old that hasn't done anything.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Don't you guys find it funny that most of DD haters our raptor fans but if you ask coaches and players they sing his praise?

Honestly Kyle Skyler is right. Do you know how ridiculous it is to trade an All-star for an 19 year old that hasn't done anything.
                      Absolutely ridiculous. Just ask the Wolves how much they regret trading Kevin Love.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Absolutely ridiculous. Just ask the Wolves how much they regret trading Kevin Love.
                        Lol I believe the correct rebuttal here is "oh snap".

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Completely ignoring the fact that Love wanted out.....Ignoring the fact that they haven't even been to the playoffs with Love.....ignoring the fact that he was traded for Andrew Wiggins and former #1 overall pick Anthony Bennet. Shit.... I would trade Demar for Wiggins and Bennett.

Do you honestly feel that Demar could net us the #1 overall pick and a former #1 pick?? Completely different situation.

Comment

Completely ignoring the fact that Love wanted out.....Ignoring the fact that they haven't even been to the playoffs with Love.....ignoring the fact that he was traded for Andrew Wiggins and former #1 overall pick Anthony Bennet. Shit.... I would trade Demar for Wiggins and Bennett.

Do you honestly feel that Demar could net us the #1 overall pick and a former #1 pick?? Completely different situation.

Damn, Damn, Damn. I don't call this a rebuttal but an actual spanking ... Nicely Done Sir.

Comment

I made no judgments except on the statement that it would be ridiculous to trade an all-star for an unproven talent. It appears you side with me, in that there are scenarios where such a thing is not ridiculous, and as such the dismissal of the question using that logic is incorrect.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Damn, also an "oh snap". I should perhaps refrain from now on ... maybe "Touche" is better.

Comment

Working...
                                X