Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Meh we can predict and project a max all we want and pray that he's gonna get traded... but let's be real. It's the same song and dance every year with Raps fans wanting DD gone and it never happens lol. Even last year when he was playing at an all-star level (to the point where you could've legitimately argued he was the #2 SG in the east after Wade) people wanted him shipped after the season for a draft pick.
    And did you see the season he followed that up with? Maybe there were good reasons to trade him when he was playing at an all-star level.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      At the end of the summer, it should be fairly apparent what the market will be.

$7.5M for Aminu is a bit of a surprise, especially so early into FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      No matter how this summer goes, I guarantee next summer will outdo it by a wide margin. The amount of cap space per free agent will be unlike anything ever seen before.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        And did you see the season he followed that up with? Maybe there were good reasons to trade him when he was playing at an all-star level.
        He followed it up by starting slow (like he usually does), getting injured, and then coming back and playing at a higher level than he did last year for the last 2 months of the season.

I think it's kind of unfair that people cut Lowry slack for playing badly because of his injuries, but DeRozan gets no slack whatsoever for that even though you saw him clearly elevate his level of play once he had fully moved past them.

Comment

No matter how this summer goes, I guarantee next summer will outdo it by a wide margin. The amount of cap space per free agent will be unlike anything ever seen before.
          True, but I also think some players this offseason are being paid with next year's cap balloon in mind. (Aminu being just one example)

Comment

Looking at the spending this summer, when there really aren't that many teams with cap room, makes me fairly certain that DeMar will be getting his max money or close to it next summer.
            And there typically is a team or two each year willing to spend aggressively.

DanH wrote: View Post
            This season will be his best season. Gotta love the contract year. Maybe Ujiri gets more if he holds and does it at the deadline.

DanH wrote: View Post
            Bad contracts galore. LOL

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

He followed it up by starting slow (like he usually does), getting injured, and then coming back and playing at a higher level than he did last year for the last 2 months of the season.

I think it's kind of unfair that people cut Lowry slack for playing badly because of his injuries, but DeRozan gets no slack whatsoever for that even though you saw him clearly elevate his level of play once he had fully moved past them.
              What??? Since when did he start playing at an even "higher level" after his injury? Dudes shot selection has gotten even worse. He's a shooting guard who can pretty much only shoot from the FT line. And when it mattered, he couldn't even get to the line in the playoffs, negating his ONLY strength. Useless.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh absolutely but the signings this year should at least reflect the starting point for next year. This year is a bit reflective of next years cap jump but next year will add more teams to the game as the cap jump takes affective.

This offseason is like the build up of a wave, rising above the surface level but knowing that it will continue to rise to a much higher crest.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  What??? Since when did he start playing at an even "higher level" after his injury? Dudes shot selection has gotten even worse. He's a shooting guard who can pretty much only shoot from the FT line. And when it mattered, he couldn't even get to the line in the playoffs, negating his ONLY strength. Useless.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk
                  Dude at least read what I said.

coming back and playing at a higher level than he did last year for the last 2 months of the season.
                  He averaged

~55% TS
                  46% FG
                  39% 3PT (made very few though < 1 per game)
                  88% FT on 8 attempts per game

24ppg
                  4.3apg
                  5.3rpg

I'm not sure how to get advanced stats for monthly splits though.

Comment

• Yeah, well DeMar has played well for short spurts before. His best stretch is probably the final couple months of the season Gay was traded to TOR. Everyone thought that lineup was a great fit based on those couple months. Then they bombed to start the next season and we were on the verge of operation tank before the team started winning after the Gay trade.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, well DeMar has played well for short spurts before. His best stretch is probably the final couple months of the season Gay was traded to TOR. Everyone thought that lineup was a great fit based on those couple months. Then they bombed to start the next season and we were on the verge of operation tank before the team started winning after the Gay trade.
                      My point was addressing your comment that he regressed from 2013-14. Obviously getting injured midseason had some impact on that... People cut Lowry that slack but not DeRozan.

Comment

My point was addressing your comment that he regressed from 2013-14. Obviously getting injured midseason had some impact on that... People cut Lowry that slack but not DeRozan.
                        Some impact? Maybe. But his regression was dramatic. And his play before the injury was already a regression from his previous year's early season play. And again, he has a nice two mont stretch every year - and it never translates into season long success the following season.

Lowry has a history of being an amazing impact player throughout his entire career with very nice efficiencies and an all around game. DeRozan has a history of being an inefficient chucker that goes through hit streaks sometimes. I wonder why one gets the benefit of the doubt.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Millsap was just offered a 4yr/$80M contract from Orlando. That's probably going to be the minimum of what DD will get. 2nd tier all-star caliber player - who was pretty much underpaid for most of their careers.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Millsap was just offered a 4yr/$80M contract from Orlando. That's probably going to be the minimum of what DD will get. 2nd tier all-star caliber player - who was pretty much underpaid for most of their careers.
                            This seems like a big money now but the reality is with the increase of the Cap next years, it will be like getting 13-14 million now when you look at the percentages.

I will be very happy with paying DD, 20-22 million under the new cap.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                              This seems like a big money now but the reality is with the increase of the Cap next years, it will be like getting 13-14 million now when you look at the percentages.

$20M is equivalent to about 22.5% of the new cap.. which translates to like $15M a year in the old cap. $22M is equivalent to $16.5M. I'd rather lose him for nothing then.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post

its a huge overpay, considering LMA is looking for something similar

Comment

Working...
                                X