Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    See to me this is stupid.

I can understand trading DeRozan for like Favors or something, if that happened tomorrow I'd be cool with it.

But trading him for a late teens pick? The potential value of that pick does not outweigh the potential gain we could've had from re-signing DD (even if you think the chance he signs a fair contract is low).

If that's all you can get for him you ride it out and hope you get a fair deal signed in the offseason. You could get a fucking late-teens pick in a sign and trade (see the Bosh deal).
    you HOPE he signs a fair deal

Or we can be a proactive organization

I'll take a 100% deal on a perceived media loss over not getting any asset in return or HOPEFULLY getting him to a fair deal....which is unlikely if both parties are starting negotiations about 10 mil apart

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      you HOPE he signs a fair deal

Or we can be a proactive organization

I'll take a 100% deal on a perceived media loss over not getting any asset in return or HOPEFULLY getting him to a fair deal....which is unlikely if both parties are starting negotiations about 10 mil apart
      Even if it's a 50% chance of resigning DeMar to a decent deal.

I'll take 50% chance of retaining an all-star SG over a late 1st round pick. I don't even understand how this is an argument.

If all you can get for DeRozan is a late teens pick you don't trade him... TIM HARDAWAY JR GOT NEW YORK A LATE TEENS PICK IN THIS PAST DRAFT FOR PETE'S SAKE!

Comment

• OSC I hate using the term "hater", but you are about as close as it gets when it comes to DD. What you're suggesting isn't even rational, and I'm sure even some of the other dudes that don't like DD very much like Axel, McHAPPY etc would agree that dealing him for a projected late-teens pick makes zero sense.

I'm almost getting to the point where I'm gonna put you on ignore. From suggesting that DeRozan's value as a player is on par with Nick Young to this nonsense you're making zero sense man.

Comment

Even if it's a 50% chance of resigning DeMar to a decent deal.

I'll take 50% chance of retaining an all-star SG over a late 1st round pick. I don't even understand how this is an argument.

If all you can get for DeRozan is a late teens pick you don't trade him... TIM HARDAWAY JR GOT NEW YORK A LATE TEENS PICK IN THIS PAST DRAFT FOR PETE'S SAKE!
          Well Tim Hardaway is on his rookie scale deal and the Hawks will have control over him for the next 6 or so years...that brings a lot of value vs a 1 year rental...

Also I think Hardaway JR brings quite a balanced game to the SG position, and who may never produce tons of individual accolades, but who is going to have a net positive impact on a team (not the Knicks, cuz Knicks)....Something that we can't say for DD.

JWash wrote: View Post
          OSC I hate using the term "hater", but you are about as close as it gets when it comes to DD. What you're suggesting isn't even rational, and I'm sure even some of the other dudes that don't like DD very much like Axel, McHAPPY etc would agree that dealing him for a projected late-teens pick makes zero sense.

I'm almost getting to the point where I'm gonna put you on ignore. From suggesting that DeRozan's value as a player is on par with Nick Young to this nonsense you're making zero sense man.
          You should have stopped with the first post. This has no business being here.

Comment

• So now THJ is a higher or equal value asset to DD...

I'm done.

Comment

Because he may be only a one year rental...how little do you accept for him to move him?

I know my value is pretty low but a late teens pick + cap relief is mine.

At the end of the day it, depending on DD's popularity, his situation either becomes;
              - we let him walk
              - he is asking for too much money and got too much money
              - we traded him for too little

Only one of those is an acceptable business move
              If all you get for him is a late first round pick, you don't trade him. You don't trade him.

If you can trade him for a good prospect or a high pick, then you pull the trigger.

I'd rather him walk then get an ugly return like that. At least if he stays for the year, he helps you win.
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
                If all you get for him is a late first round pick, you don't trade him. You don't trade him.

If you can trade him for a good prospect or a high pick, then you pull the trigger.

I'd rather him walk then get an ugly return like that. At least if he stays for the year, he helps you win.
                So you would rather get no return than some return?

Next year has little meaning so I'll take a few extra losses and some assets than a couple of wins and nothing to show for it

From a business standpoint it makes 100% sense to deal him now unless DD tells you he will sign on the cheap at the end of the year regardless of his production next season

Comment

So you would rather get no return than some return?

Next year has little meaning so I'll take a few extra losses and some assets than a couple of wins and nothing to show for it

From a business standpoint it makes 100% sense to deal him now unless DD tells you he will sign on the cheap at the end of the year regardless of his production next season
                  If the return is a late first, you can probably get that at the deadline, so might as well wait and see if he can take a leap.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I know people are going to throw shade at me for this but I'll say it anyway.

If MU is willing to pay 22.5M per year on average for Carroll and Joseph I don't see DD going anywhere.

Comment

I know people are going to throw shade at me for this but I'll say it anyway.

If MU is willing to pay 22.5M per year on average for Carroll and Joseph I don't see DD going anywhere.
                      So, MU pays good money for defence, therefore DeRozan is safe? Not following.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        So, MU pays good money for defence, therefore DeRozan is safe? Not following.
                        I don't really think that was my point but sure agree to disagree.

Comment

DD is not going anywhere anytime soon. MU will take his time and will assess DD like he did with Carmelo. If DD comes in and has improved his game AGAIN, then I guess one can easily say that he has made the transition from 3 rd tier star in this league to 2nd tier star and hence worth the 22.5+ that he will basking for. If not, I am sure there will be a ton of negotiations still till trade deadline because MU is not a GM who moves stars and good players just for the sake of moving them or being scared of loosing them for nothing.

As of now and based on all the news and what we have seen, DD is a big part of Raptor's future and MU's plans. The fact that he was used during the recruiting meetings, shows how highly MU thinks of him and his place in the organization.

It is simply awesome to see this type of vision from MU.

Comment

I don't really think that was my point but sure agree to disagree.
                            I know it wasn't but you can see how your point is not necessarily an obvious conclusion, yes?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I know it wasn't but you can see how your point is not necessarily an obvious conclusion, yes?
                              Actually it is an obvious conclusion it just might not necessarily be a correct one according to you...

Comment

Is the point here that Derozan brings more to the table the both of these guys combined and thus should be paid equal or more than both?

I'm genuinely unsure of what the conclusion is here.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X