• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Basketball Showcase Thursday 7:30 pm 8/13
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

KD on a team with no frontcourt is going to lose in the playoffs every damn time. That is just nonsense to think otherwise.

and do you honestly think, in an conceivable way in all of existence, and this is important cause your answer will determine if I need to put you on ignore or not, that:

1) Demar and only one of JV/Carroll/Lowry and a depleted bench/picks
      is more attractive than
      2)Lowry AND carroll AND jv and MOST of the Bench/Picks

seriously put down if you think Demar outweighs the value of 2 of jv/carroll/lowry and a bench, cause it sure damn well appears that is what you two have been preaching the last few days....
      Last edited by Axel; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Which superstar ?

Comment

• Keep everybody (lowry demar carroll jv) thanks bye

Comment

• V
            JWash wrote: View Post
            I think in the end for this team. What's going to happen is Masai will bring in that #1 superstar type of guy, and DD and JV will assume roles as 2A/2B behind him, making us a very formidable team on the offensive end. Combine that with excellent role players and good depth added over time or via draft picks and we'll be in contention.

I think a lot of DeRozan detractors look at him and his impending new contract as a roadblock to contention, I view that as a key piece to our eventual title contention.
            Which superstar ? Hope you are right.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Which superstar ?
              hypotical has been kd

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                KD on a team with no frontcourt is going to lose in the playoffs every damn time. That is just nonsense to think otherwise.

and do you honestly think, in an conceivable way in all of existence, and this is important cause your answer will determine if I need to put you on ignore or not, that:

1) Demar and only one of JV/Carroll/Lowry and a depleted bench/picks
                is more attractive than
                2)Lowry AND carroll AND jv and MOST of the Bench/Picks

seriously put down if you think Demar outweighs the value of 2 of jv/carroll/lowry and a bench, cause it sure damn well appears that is what you two have been preaching the last few days....
                KD went to the finals with Perkins as his starting center. From the western conference. You put KD in the east. His at least going to the eastern conference finals every year.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  KD went to the finals with Perkins as his starting center. From the western conference. You put KD in the east. His at least going to the eastern conference finals every year.
                  you are skirting the question.

Do you even realizing that, from all the arguments you have made, that you are directly implying that Demar is of more value that 2 of Lowry/JV and Carrol as well as the bench as currently constructed and as such is a FAR more attractive pitch to a guy like KD to come here. Cause that is what it would take to get KD, and keep Demar, and one of Lowry/JV/Carrol...you lose the other 2, and you lose pretty much everythinbg of value off the bench.

Im not asking if KD could make shit happen exclusively on his own (cause he will lose against cleveland without a supporting cast), I am asking

Comment

• Never said any of that. All I'm saying any pitch without the combination of Lowry/DD is a waste of time.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• so now the argument to keep DD is to maintain a 0.1% chance to sign KD? jesus christ this is getting embarrassing.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                        hypotical has been kd
                        It doesn't have to be (and is extremely unlikely that it will be) Kevin Durant. It also doesn't have to necessarily happen in 2016 free agency.

Superstars can be acquired through so many different avenues: Draft, trades, free agency, etc. Think people need to chill. DeRozan, even extended on a big deal is a high value asset. There are 4 better shooting guards in the league, one of whom is completely untouchable (Harden) and one who is on the back-end of his career (Dwyane Wade). Even if you have to trade him later on to make room for a superstar (which I don't see happening or think is likely) it's not that hard to move a top 5 shooting guard, signed through his prime, with all-star and Team USA appearance(s) and almost zero injury history in a trade.

You retain the fucking asset unless you get an upgrade, it's really that fucking simple.

Comment

• Many of the people advocating for DD to be traded now are saying that a mid-1st round pick is adequate return.

Do you not think that we would be able to get at least a mid-1st round pick for DeRozan if we had to to trade him on his new contract? Didn't we get more than that for Trashnani for pete's sake?

I'm getting goddamn tired of DeRozan getting a large contract in free agency being spelled out as some kind of doomsday for this team.

Comment

• Blake Griffin/Serge Ibaka 2017

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I do, it just happens to be backed by the professionals.
                              Not saying I think DD is.just a league average player but the professionals are biased because they know one anothef, and they wouldn't actually say on television what they really think of certain players because why would they want to start any shit?
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                                Not saying I think DD is.just a league average player but the professionals are biased because they know one anothef, and they wouldn't actually say on television what they really think of certain players because why would they want to start any shit?
                                By professionals I mean coaches selecting him for ASG/TeamUSA and NBA players taking a poll on whose the raptors best player and DD wining by a comfortable margin.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X