Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Demar Derozan

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Raptors should be looking at dealing DD because they aren't contending and they are looking at allocating 20-25% of the salary cap to him.

Taking 2 steps back to allow you to move forward is not a bad thing.

Staying where you are with no ability to move forward is very much a bad thing.

Masai can do what he likes but come July 1st, DD is in the drivers seat.
    How does paying DD prevent us from moving forwards?

Shipping him out for a mid-late pick like you have suggested here achieves nothing. Even if you re-sign him and decide you want to go a different direction later, you could get a similar or better return to that. An aging Joe Johnson on an even worse deal as a percentage of the cap got more than that for Atlanta.

I'm simply just seeing a lack of patience as a fan here. And no I don't want to hear about how the Raptors have sucked forever. There's different management now. A complete or even partial teardown is not required to build this team into a contender. Stop looking at DD as the problem and look at him as part of the solution (if only at least as a future trade chip for actual, you know... VALUE).
    Last edited by Axel; Wed Aug 12, 2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• DeMar's not going to have a ton of value as a one-year rental. Maybe a contending team, over the cap and confident they could re-sign him, would be interested.

Comment

• To all posters...

1. Talk about DeRozan and ONLY DeRozan

2. Comment about the topic, not other posters

3. Keep your personal lives out of the discussion about DeRozan

4. Be respectful

5. We don't care who said what first.

Comment

• https://amp.twimg.com/v/1f443e03-4c8...e-8da4611c5b6d

ouch. #TradeEm

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
            Since you're one of the more statistically capable members here, care to quantify that? Where do you think he fits, w/o being influenced by expected demands of DeRozan or his agent, #4? #3? What is justified with his actual productivity, IYO?
            This is an extraordinarily simplistic way of looking at things.

Amir Johnson was one of our best players. Do you think he should have been one of our highest paid and most used players?

What about DeAndre Jordan? I think most would agree he is a better overall asset to a team than DD, and yet I'm sure all would agree that if he had to carry a high usage his value would plummet.

The reality is that in basketball, your highest usage players are not always going to be your best or most efficient players. Your most played players are not always going to be your best players. And your highest paid players are not always going to be your best players.

DeRozan should certainly not be the highest paid player on a team. He should probably not be the highest used, but he has proven that with the right role he can carry a decent efficiency on a high usage - that is quite valuable. And his adequate defence in combination with that value means he could carry significant minutes, though less than he does now.

Putting some inane system in place where the best player needs the most minutes, pay, AND usage, and the second best gets the second most of all three, and so on, is so detached from reality that I don't know where to start.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Oh MAN! That was fun to watch. Thanks. With A healthy Kyle and Demarre and JV one year older and wiser. A contract year. Can't wait!

GO RAPS!

Comment

• He looks stronger, faster and more athletic
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                    Oh MAN! That was fun to watch. Thanks. With A healthy Kyle and Demarre and JV one year older and wiser. A contract year. Can't wait!

GO RAPS!
                    Yeah, say what you will about the defense being played, but I don't know that many would have said the step-back 3 was a weapon in his arsenal in past years.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, say what you will about the defense being played, but I don't know that many would have said the step-back 3 was a weapon in his arsenal in past years.
                      " ...SMOOTH" ... my man looked "smooth" ... an d ... sweet and relaxed ...

Mutha' fu*ka makin'[ me GAY, y'all

"wILDLING #1"

Comment

• Yea he looked good. There may be no defense but at least he's hitting the 3's. He wouldn't have even hit those 3's before defense or no defense. Also I like that he passed to Drummond in the pick and roll a lot. Hopefully he does the same with JV and Patterson. He didn't look to good in the second half but I think he started taking a lot of bad shots then. He got a little too 3 happy and he started taking some quick 3's.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          ...in the second half but I think he started taking a lot of bad shots then. He got a little too 3 happy and he started taking some quick 3's.
                          The most significant thing he needs to work at to massively increase his impact in a game. Imagine if DeMar didn't take three or four of his most contested shots a each game, and instead passed off to someone in better position, and half of those passes turned into assists. Two less possessions for the opponents. His assist numbers go up. His WS go up. His TS% goes up. That might be enough to vault him into elite status.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            The most significant thing he needs to work at to massively increase his impact in a game. Imagine if DeMar didn't take three or four of his most contested shots a each game, and instead passed off to someone in better position, and half of those passes turned into assists. Two less possessions for the opponents. His assist numbers go up. His WS go up. His TS% goes up. That might be enough to vault him into elite status.
                            This is very true. He always takes like 2-4 bad shots a game that just kills his percentages. In this game I think he just took those shots because everyone was taking some crazy shots and this game was just a scrimmage. Hopefully he doesn't take those type of threes in an actual game during the season. But yea he really needs to work on shot selection. I don't think he'll ever really change though
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Most of those 3s were contested. I want to say I'm surprised but, I'm not. Is it November yet?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Most of those 3s were contested. I want to say I'm surprised but, I'm not. Is it November yet?
                                75 days..

Comment

Working...
                                X