Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Nope.

Bargnani still holding down the fort on that 'honour'.

10,630 posts

to DeRozan's

10,005 posts
    Shoot, and I was about to celebrate :/
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Nope.

Bargnani still holding down the fort on that 'honour'.

10,630 posts

to DeRozan's

10,005 posts
      Bargnani's post-to-view efficiency is terrible, but he's our guy and those are posts he normally makes, come hell or high water!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Bargnani's post-to-view efficiency is terrible, but he's our guy and those are posts he normally makes, come hell or high water!
        Haha

One could argue Bargnani was at the very least interesting to read about.

DeRozan has lost the appeal except for a few diehards I guess.

Also, you have member inflation as well. I imagine there are more active posters/readers now than a few years ago (Doc could confirm that assumption) making Bargnani's stats all the more impressive

.....and let's see if anyone takes this seriously......

Comment

Haha

One could argue Bargnani was at the very least interesting to read about.

DeRozan has lost the appeal except for a few diehards I guess.

Also, you have member inflation as well. I imagine there are more active posters/readers now than a few years ago (Doc could confirm that assumption) making Bargnani's stats all the more impressive

.....and let's see if anyone takes this seriously......
          We did set the record for most users online twice this summer (once in July, once in August).
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            We did set the record for most users online twice this summer (once in July, once in August).
            that was legacy league draft

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              that was legacy league draft
              Thats kind of nuts that there were more users online for a fantasy draft than for the playoffs lol
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Any chance DeMar gets extended this off-season? Any chance his "seeking the max" was an opening salvo ... a prelude to signing for ... what would the minimum be, d'ya' think?

$20M on the nose?

Is that a "go"? Is his trade value worth that, even if he has committed detractors here? Does that leave us well-enough situated for 2016/17. Assuming JV is between 16 and $17M?
                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Aug 18, 2015, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                  Any chance DeMar gets extended this off-season? Any chance his "seeking the max" was an opening salvo ... a prelude to signing for ... what would the minimum be, d'ya' think?

$20M on the nose?

Is that a "go"? Is his trade value worth that, even if he has committed detractors here? Does that leave us well-enough situated for 2016/17. Assuming JV is between 16 and $17M?
                  This isn't really possible unfortunately.

Extensions for guys coming off rookie deals and veterans are very different. A guy coming off his rookie deal can basically be extended for anything up to and including the max. Someone like DeRozan who's coming off a non-rookie contract can only be extended for a deal starting at 107.5% of his previous salary. Considering that that's only like 11M... that's not going to be enough to extend DeRozan at all.

DD's new contract will have to wait for 2016 free agency.

Comment

• ^ I'm just hoping Masai pulls some day 1 wizardry and inks DD to a friendly deal. It looks like we're going to get JV for like 33% less than the max which is awesome. Getting the same with DD would mean <20M per year, which is solid imo.

Having Lowry, DD, JV and Carroll signed for ~60M total would be great for our flexibility moving forwards if we're looking at 2017 as a free agency target.

Comment

• I think the cheapest with get DD for is 20m. I think that's fair.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        ^ I'm just hoping Masai pulls some day 1 wizardry and inks DD to a friendly deal. It looks like we're going to get JV for like 33% less than the max which is awesome. Getting the same with DD would mean <20M per year, which is solid imo.

Having Lowry, DD, JV and Carroll signed for ~60M total would be great for our flexibility moving forwards if we're looking at 2017 as a free agency target.
                        Every team will have capspace in 2017, and if we were managed to do what you are thinking we be looking at well under 30 million in space after Picks and bench players are all signed.

Im not going to go look it up right now, but I would wager half the league would have over 30 million available in 2017

Comment

• We're not the only team in the NBA that has to re-sign and sign players.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            We're not the only team in the NBA that has to re-sign and sign players.
                            Well that is a good thing, otherwise capspace in 2017 would all be pointless anyways if there were no NBA level free agents.......

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I think the cheapest with get DD for is 20m. I think that's fair.
                              I don't know. I think you're right. But if he's as confident as all that ... maybe he signs a one- or two-year deal for a little less? $18 maybe? If Masia's going to work any true "magic", maybe it's there. Or would you prefer a 4-year deal for $20M with increases?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                I don't know. I think you're right. But if he's as confident as all that ... maybe he signs a one- or two-year deal for a little less? $18 maybe? If Masia's going to work any true "magic", maybe it's there. Or would you prefer a 4-year deal for $20M with increases?
                                I think 4/80m for an All-Star shooting guard is fair.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X