• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit wrote: View Post
    Yea...

You're looking to troll right?

Like that's whats happening here?

It must be...

I mean cause I'm sure the best post defender was always set on Amir or something, cause you know we're swimming with good post players...

And you know double teams aren't intended to stop post players anyway...

Not like JV is constantly referenced by many media figures around the sport to have surprisingly been one of the best post scorers in the league...

But I mean all those "facts" that prove that, they aren't really facts that count in this argument right? Cause, y'know, always gotta be for either DD or JV right?
    No it doesn't have to be Dd vs JV. All I'm saying its different when the D is game planing to stop you initially.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      53.2% TS isn't "very" inefficient (I realize this is his non-rookie career high, but even his career average of 52.4% is not that far below average). It's just slightly below league average (53.4% last year) efficiency. I'm using his TS% from 13-14 because more in line with his career averages and he didn't have an injury mid-season.

His PPS of 1.27 is higher than the league average of ~1.20. Considering the volume he's doing that at, it's not bad. It's not good enough to warrant being the #1 option on a legit title contender, but it does show prowess as a scorer.
      I understand your support for Demar and its fair but then you post stuff like this where you acknowledge he is slightly below averages in various categories and go on to keep justifying signing him for ~20 million per. Why in the world would you want to sign a league average player, let alone a below average player, to a ~20 million per contract?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        No it doesn't have to be Dd vs JV. All I'm saying its different when the D is game planing to stop you initially.
        And I'm saying that is ridiculous in this instance.

Why?

Well because JV is hands down the best post player on this team, just like he was last year. There is 0% chance that they don't have a plan for him in the post.

Probably a simple plan, but a plan nonetheless. Because the better post defender is probably on JV, like the better perimeter defender is on Demar. They get hot you throw a double team at them. Defense can be that simple because our offense was.

Dont fool yourself into thinking that everything the other team does is a complicated strategy to stop Demar.

Comment

• I like thead's little game.. let me play:

1. NO
          2. #TradeEm
          3. $50M/3 years (last year is partially guaranteed for $2M).

Comment

Why?

Well because JV is hands down the best post player on this team, just like he was last year. There is 0% chance that they don't have a plan for him in the post.

Probably a simple plan, but a plan nonetheless. Because the better post defender is probably on JV, like the better perimeter defender is on Demar. They get hot you throw a double team at them. Defense can be that simple because our offense was.

Dont fool yourself into thinking that everything the other team does is a complicated strategy to stop Demar.
            There is more to defence than just straight match ups
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Why?

it kind of is. but not complicated at all. Remember the GSW scouting report in the lockerroom white board? something like, leave the ball in DD's hands and he'll shoot us on our foot?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                I like everything Superjudge says...even when he is wrong its still fresh air
                wait, hold on...... when was i wrong????

:P

Comment

• Demar is a 20$ mil/ year player under the new cap. Because he has to take on average like 1.5 extra low percentage bailout shots a game doesn't mean he is a terrible player. Comparing him to role players and guys who are at best 3rd options on their teams just makes you look silly.
                  He's the guy defenses focus on, the others are guys that rely on guys like demar to be able to get theirs at the rate they do, and they know it, therefore they are paid like it

Comment

• Demar is going to get in the 105-110 million/5 years range
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      wait, hold on...... when was i wrong????

:P
                      Probably in the 80's or something.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Probably in the 80's or something.
                        Naw, probably hasn't been wrong since his college days in the 60's.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Naw, probably hasn't been wrong since his college days in the 60's.
                          I'm thinking mullet at some point
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            I understand your support for Demar and its fair but then you post stuff like this where you acknowledge he is slightly below averages in various categories and go on to keep justifying signing him for ~20 million per. Why in the world would you want to sign a league average player, let alone a below average player, to a ~20 million per contract?
                            Where did I say he's an average player? I said he scores at about league average efficiency on exceptional usage and in the role of a 1st option... which would make him a well above average player/all-star caliber player.

TS% is not the end all be-all. Yes it describes efficiency, but one must then look at role/situation to determine how good of a scorer a player really is. I mean DeRozan actually scores the ball about as well as LaMarcus Aldridge does.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              Where did I say he's an average player? I said he scores at about league average efficiency on exceptional usage and in the role of a 1st option... which would make him a well above average player/all-star caliber player.

TS% is not the end all be-all. Yes it describes efficiency, but one must then look at role/situation to determine how good of a scorer a player really is. I mean DeRozan actually scores the ball about as well as LaMarcus Aldridge does.
                              Fair enough.

So you are telling me we should reduce his usage to make him more efficient(I agree) all the while paying him ~20 million?(I don't)

And now we are comparing a legit 20-10 guy LMA to DD?

The homer-ism is off the chart here.

Comment

• Starting to feel very confident about my avatar bet for DeMar to break 31.5% from 3. Who'd I make that with again?

Comment

Working...
                                X