Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I think that a lack of bench can more easily be compensated by increased front-line talent; but a lack of front line talent can't as easily be compensated for by a bench.

Not only that, when you have enough front line talent, you get guys like David West, or Haslem or Battier-types signing for the minimum just to play here.
    Bingo, that's my belief too. Plus with a GM like Masai, you know he's going to find some serviceable role players in the back end of the draft with some of his picks.

I think moving forwards with a core of Lowry, DD, Carroll, KD, JV, Bruno, Knicks Pick would be superb and better than excluding Demar and having a couple good bench players.
    Last edited by JWash; Mon Aug 24, 2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Bingo, that's my belief too. Plus with a GM like Masai, you know he's going to find some serviceable role players in the back end of the draft with some of his picks.

Don't see how moving forwards with a core of Lowry, DD, Carroll, KD, JV, Bruno, Knicks Pick is really a bad thing.
      I'm not sure the argument was ever that's its "BAD" per se, but just that perhaps there is a "BETTER" in some minds.

Comment

Kidd went from an OK three point shooter to damn near elite in his mid 30s lol. So anything is possible.
        Kidd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Demar

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          I'm not sure the argument was ever that's its "BAD" per se, but just that perhaps there is a "BETTER" in some minds.
          I agree, changed my wording.

I think again it just boils down to DD's value. Some here likely think PPat alone is worth more than him so the idea of dumping PPat and more to sign him and KD is ludicrous. I get it.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            Kidd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Demar
            Well I'll be a monkey's uncle

Comment

Just wanna point out that Aldridge basically shoots from the same spots on the floor as DD and gets to the line less and was less efficient in their best seasons.

That's all
              so Demar should be a power forward then....dont let Casey find out...

Comment

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle
                you disagree?

Comment

you disagree?
                  No... obviously prime Kidd is better than DeMar. But i don't see how that prevents DeMar from improving as much as Kidd did or even 1/2 of that as a shooter. It's one aspect of the game, and not one that Kidd was even known for during his best years.

Comment

I posted in the must-see lineups thread that I really want to see Lowry/CoJo/Ross/DD/Carroll trotted out there at least for a few minutes. Hoping Casey lives up to his rep and makes it happen, should be hilarious to watch lol

Comment

• Our own DeMarre Carroll didn't make his first NBA 3 until the age of 25. Now he's The Black Kyle Korver.

Comment

lol

People don't understand fit.

DD doesn't fit next to KD. This is an old conversation.

Carroll next to KD most certainly does.

DD is only effective with high usage on O and he is average at best (on opposition lesser wing at that!) on D.

You don't need 4 high usage players (KL, DD, KD, JV) in the starting lineup.

There needs to be balance and fit.

DC and PP are perfect complimentary players to JV, KL, and KD.

There is a lot going to happen between now and next summer.

Trade deadline, playoffs, draft.

Oh... and don't forget Kevin Ollie as Raptors next head coach!

Comment

I think moving forwards with a core of Lowry, DD, Carroll, KD, JV, Bruno, Knicks Pick would be superb and better than excluding Demar and having a couple good bench players.
                          I think a fair argument could be made to replace DD with Patterson & Cujo, for example, especially when that lineup is missing a PF, a lockdown perimeter defender, and is a little weak on 3pt shooting. Yes, the NYK pick could conceivably help address those missing pieces (I'm giddy at what that pick could become).

You're absolutely right that there are many ways to build an NBA lineup. The opposite side of the coin is that some people would prefer to spend their limited funds on areas of weakness, rather than on a player whose greatest strengths are effectively made redundant by the newly acquired superstar.

It's more of a team-building strategy debate at this point, than a DeRozan debate.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            lol

People don't understand fit.

DD doesn't fit next to KD. This is an old conversation.

Carroll next to KD most certainly does.

DD is only effective with high usage on O and he is average at best (on opposition lesser wing at that!) on D.

You don't need 4 high usage players (KL, DD, KD, JV) in the starting lineup.

There needs to be balance and fit.

DC and PP are perfect complimentary players to JV, KL, and KD.

There is a lot going to happen between now and next summer.

Trade deadline, playoffs, draft.

Oh... and don't forget Kevin Ollie as Raptors next head coach!
                            I don't see either of KD or DC as a full-time shooting guard.

Lowry/DeMar/KD/DC/JV looks like a great, modern-NBA lineup to me.

KD fits with damn near anyone. Gay didn't work so well with DeMar (who I'd argue has made major strides since then), but Gay doesn't have elite shooting and passing.
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon Aug 24, 2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I think a fair argument could be made to replace DD with Patterson & Cujo, for example, especially when that lineup is missing a PF, a lockdown perimeter defender, and is a little weak on 3pt shooting. Yes, the NYK pick could conceivably help address those missing pieces (I'm giddy at what that pick could become).

You're absolutely right that there are many ways to build an NBA lineup. The opposite side of the coin is that some people would prefer to spend their limited funds on areas of weakness, rather than on a player whose greatest strengths are effectively made redundant by the newly acquired superstar.

It's more of a team-building strategy debate at this point, than a DeRozan debate.

Durant is going to becoming from a team that lacks depth and flexibility.

He will know the importance of both first hand.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                I don't see either of KD or DC as a full-time shooting guard.

Lowry/DeMar/KD/DC/JV looks like a great, modern-NBA lineup to me.

Why pay DC $15M per year to play a position where he is not a $15M per year player?

KD has the skillset to play SG on O.

DC has the skillset to guard the opposition best wing on D.

KD has the length to guard SGs.
                                KD has the length and quickness to guard SF.
                                KD has length and quickness to guard the stretch 4s of the league.

This is ridiculous talk, in my opinion.

KL/KD/DC/PP/JV >>>>>> KL/DD/KD/DC/JV

Comment

Working...
                                X