Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    And of course you cannot forget about JV.

I mean he averaged like 1 assist per game. Talk about a black hole on offense./s
    He seems to have trouble kicking it out to shooters, but he is comfortable with hitting cutters.

In time he'll fixes the kick problem, but for now, hoping the offense has a lot of cutting and flashing into the lane when Jonas has the ball.

Comment

• He’s a 20-point a night scorer who has a proclivity for taking and missing (he shot a paltry 41.3 percent from the floor last year, the worst of his career) bad, tightly contested shots. His statistical profile, 20.1 PPG, 4.6 RPG, and 3.5 APG, is right in line with the franchise type players in the NBA, yet there are already trade rumblings so Toronto can avoid having to overpay the 27 percent career three-point shooter. Fifteen years ago, DeRozan would have been lauded and embraced for his attacking style and his difficult shot-making, but the reality is that the Raptors’ offense was almost four points better when DeRozan sat, and in the playoffs, his net on/off rating of -5.3 was the second worst of their major contributors.
      http://bballbreakdown.com/2015/10/14...-raptors-nets/

Comment

• I was actually surprised that that the bold part wasn't brought up more often.

I think that whole paragraph gives you the whole reason behind both sides on the Demar debate though.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Doesn't sound like they have a ton of faith in our SG, SF or PF positions....
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            I was actually surprised that that the bold part wasn't brought up more often.

I think that whole paragraph gives you the whole reason behind both sides on the Demar debate though.
            Yup, which ties it back to the Grantland piece. You're either a fan of the Jordan-era hero-ball, or you're a fan of the Curry-era fluid movement.

But the reality is that only 1 of those philosophies gives you a chance at winning in today's NBA.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Doesn't sound like they have a ton of faith in our SG, SF or PF positions....
              #ProvEm

Comment

• In 4 preseason games, averaging 23.3 minutes per game, here is some enlightening DD stats.

TS% 44.4% (this is super fucking terrible)
                0-5 3pts (he still can't hit 3's to save his life)
                2.75 ast/gm (pretty much on par with his last 2 seasons)
                4 reb/gm (this is slightly better than the last 2 seasons)

My eye test tells me his defense hasn't gotten any better either. Looks like we're gonna get more of the same from DD this year, or perhaps even worse if his shooting remains this awful. This is exactly how you play your way out of a big contract. With these numbers no one is going to offer him anything close to the max. Personally, I think SG will be our weakest position this year, because Ross is not any better.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  In 4 preseason games, averaging 23.3 minutes per game, here is some enlightening DD stats.

My eye test tells me his defense hasn't gotten any better either. Looks like we're gonna get more of the same from DD this year, or perhaps even worse if his shooting remains this awful. This is exactly how you play your way out of a big contract. With these numbers no one is going to offer him anything close to the max. Personally, I think SG will be our weakest position this year, because Ross is not any better.
                  Article said it best, he's a throwback player which makes sense since Casey is a throwback coach

Comment

• It's sad but true, Primer. I agree 100%. If Bennett and Scola keep up their play as is, PF won't be so bad.

Could DD and Patt get us anything worth bringing here at all?
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      It's sad but true, Primer. I agree 100%. If Bennett and Scola keep up their play as is, PF won't be so bad.

Could DD and Patt get us anything worth bringing here at all?
                      Before the preseason I thought a DD + PPat package might be enough to snag Horford. Now I don't think so.

Comment

• DD goes through ups and downs frequently.

I'm not worried....he will revert to mean soon enough - which is still not good but better than this dog vomit.

I just hope we can finally put this narrative of his work ethic and still improving behind us. He has worked on his 3 pointer for at least 4 of his career off seasons....it ain't happening folks.

Any trade with DD that brings back money beyond this year negatively impacts max cap free agency next summer 2016. If he can traded for more expiring contracts and 2018 or later firsts, I'm all over that.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          In 4 preseason games, averaging 23.3 minutes per game, here is some enlightening DD stats.

Looks like DD is going to have a career year in rebounding and assist. Its crazy that his matching his output in Ast and Rebs from last year. In limited minutes. How many minutes is he averaging in those games?
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            DD goes through ups and downs frequently.

I'm not worried....he will revert to mean soon enough - which is still not good but better than this dog vomit.

I just hope we can finally put this narrative of his work ethic and still improving behind us. He has worked on his 3 pointer for at least 4 of his career off seasons....it ain't happening folks.

Any trade with DD that brings back money beyond this year negatively impacts max cap free agency next summer 2016. If he can traded for more expiring contracts and 2018 or later firsts, I'm all over that.
                            Just cause his gone 0-5 from 3 in preseason? The only person shooting well from 3 is Lowry so far. Looks like we only got one shooter on the team. Its only preseason. Relax people...
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Just cause his gone 0-5 from 3 in preseason? The only person shooting well from 3 is Lowry so far. Looks like we only got one shooter on the team. Its only preseason. Relax people...
                              You tell others to relax, it's just preseason. Yet right before that you post this, getting all excited about DD's rebounds and assists, based on his preseason numbers.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Looks like DD is going to have a career year in rebounding and assist. Its crazy that his matching his output in Ast and Rebs from last year. In limited minutes. How many minutes is he averaging in those games?

Comment

• Dd shot has been falling but, his still been productive. He still leads are team in assist(16) so far in preseason and only has 6 turnover. His rebounding the ball pretty well as well. He hasn't been as bad as 2pat. Cojo is second in assist with 13.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X