Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    They were?

Spurs..........for a millon time have Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard. 1 all star caliber player, 3 future HOF'ers.

If the Hawks can win a championship with the players that they have then i'll buy your argument about ball movemnt.
    Oh I meant that Heat team was a much superior than the current Cavs team.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I know that. It's not even close really, I only used AI as an example because GLF said on his post that "you're best scorer is supposed to be efficient"

Iverson wasn't very efficient.

I am of the belief that that Philly team going to the Finals was like catching lightning in a bottle. Very unique circumstances and stars aligning - I am consciously going to be a hypocrite and say that they did do it though so I don't want to take anything away from them. I put them getting to the finals in the same category as the Pistons winning it all - possible but extremely unlikely.

Most importantly, that team didn't have staying power either. The next year they won 13 less games (won 43 total) and lost first round. The following year they won 48 games and lost 2nd round. 2 years after Finals appearance they were a lottery team (who drafted right after Raptors and picked another AI..... going to stop there, everyone knows where it is going).

You are absolutely correct that AI was not efficient. But he managed to have ridiculous impact on WS/48. He was .190 in that Finals season. The two following years he was .126 and .127.

Strangely enough he managed to get more efficient as his career went on. The lottery season when they drafted Iggy he was injured. The next 2 seasons he upped his TS% to about league average which was impressive given his ~35 USG%.

Comment

• sooooooooo glad we reopened this
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          sooooooooo glad we reopened this
          Right? Good stuff!

Comment

• I wonder if DeRozan would actually ever read this forum
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
              I wonder if DeRozan would actually ever read this forum
              #Readem
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                But there's every reason to think, with the system players we've added, and the motion/horns offense we know is being implemented, that a shift towards more ball-movement isn't upon us, and that DeMar will be a part of that.
                Did you realize you typed the word "isn't"? Because so far I've seen nothing to suggest a mvoe to better ball movement (it is just preseason after all). Until I see us running a system with good ball movement, I'm not going to expect it.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  PP won't miss shots all year.

He is in a slump....but he isn't the answer long term anyways.

He is a reserve player.

Morris is also a reserve.

I don't believe either fit long term.

PP is the new Ross.
                  If PP is the new TR what role do you think DC has in this regard?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    If PP is the new TR what role do you think DC has in this regard?
                    Anthony Parker with dreads

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Did you realize you typed the word "isn't"? Because so far I've seen nothing to suggest a mvoe to better ball movement (it is just preseason after all). Until I see us running a system with good ball movement, I'm not going to expect it.
                      Yeah, is. We're not going to lead the league in assists, but there's reason to be optimistic there will be improvement over last year.

Comment

Yeah, is. We're not going to lead the league in assists, but there's reason to be optimistic there will be improvement over last year.
                        Well it would be harder to be worse than last year, but that doesn't mean we'll improve.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Well it would be harder to be worse than last year, but that doesn't mean we'll improve.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                          So you're saying that we'll probably improve, but we might not?

Comment

So you're saying that we'll probably improve, but we might not?
                            No, I'm saying that just because we were about as bad as can be at ball movement last year, doesn't mean we'll get better.

And then the follow up to this is just because we might improve, doesn't mean we'll be good at moving the ball. We could improve and still be one of the worst teams in the league in that area of the game.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                              I wonder if DeRozan would actually ever read this forum
                              pretty sure he's christian

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                pretty sure he's christian
                                Nobody who follows the Bible would have his shot selection

Comment

Working...
                                X