Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Pretty sure it's been established a few times that if DD has an All-Star year and the Raptors keep him at the resulting All-Star price point, there will be no cap space to sign KD. This team will be committed to its current core and hoping for, at best, a second round appearance every spring.
    His cap hold is 15 mill, same as Carroll's, so there has to be a way.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      His cap hold is 15 mill, same as Carroll's, so there has to be a way.
      yes you let Demar, ross, biyombo and Patterson go.

Or

You Let Carroll or JV, Patterson, Ross, Biyombo go, then sign Durant, then sign demar and be way over the cap with a team that is not suited to house Durant. And you have given up tons of assets (if someone will buy at a cost of NOTHING to us) before you can even attempt to go after Durant.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        After this season JV will be one of these faces of the franchise. When you look at what the Raptors did and did not do in the off-season it becomes quite clear that they expect JV to take on a much larger role this season. He will log a lot of minutes and his efficiency ratings suggest that may lead to big numbers and an all-star nod.
        Thats my fear. While I grew up watching dominant bigs playing back to the basket, type basket ball, I don't know if that is the most effective brand of basketball anymore. While JV is an efficient scorer in the post he needs offence to be built around him to get the best out of him. I'd rather the franchise doesn't commit to that style of basketball and instead go with a more modern motion offence style.

Comment

Pretty sure it's been established a few times that if DD has an All-Star year and the Raptors keep him at the resulting All-Star price point, there will be no cap space to sign KD. This team will be committed to its current core and hoping for, at best, a second round appearance every spring.
          Not really you can still do a sign and trade. We have two good contracts in JV and DC to offer OKC.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Thats my fear. While I grew up watching dominant bigs playing back to the basket, type basket ball, I don't know if that is the most effective brand of basketball anymore. While JV is an efficient scorer in the post he needs offence to be built around him to get the best out of him. I'd rather the franchise doesn't commit to that style of basketball and instead go with a more modern motion offence style.
            The most effective brand of basketball is to play to your strengths and exploit opponent weaknesses. JV is a strength and will lead to matchup problems. If you do what everyone else is doing, where do you find an advantage ?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              yes you let Demar, ross, biyombo and Patterson go.

Or

You Let Carroll or JV, Patterson, Ross, Biyombo go, then sign Durant, then sign demar and be way over the cap with a team that is not suited to house Durant. And you have given up tons of assets (if someone will buy at a cost of NOTHING to us) before you can even attempt to go after Durant.
              Either way you have to give up a ton of assets to make a play for KD.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Not really you can still do a sign and trade. We have two good contracts in JV and DC to offer OKC.
                Wow. A team with KL, DD, KD and no forwards is such a mess, why would you even suggest that? Why would KD have any interest at all? He should stay in OKC or go to Washington if that's Toronto's offer - those would both be better situations.

A team with a PG, a C, and a perimeter defender (KL/JV/DC) is such a good basketball fit for a perimeter scorer.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Either way you have to give up a ton of assets to make a play for KD.
                  no, not really aat all.

You give up DD and Ppat(with all renouncable renounced/opted out)

or

You give up in a perfect scenario Carrolle and Ppat(with all renouncable renounced/opted out)

but the likelyhood of trade Carroll for absolutely nothing is very slim, so you would most likely get at least some salary back in the deal. so you would need to make more deals.

For example: we need 15 million plus Ppats salary.

that could be carroll and Ppat, but if the only deal still brings back 30% of the outgoing salary we need to still clear off another 7 million. So that would be trading away Cojo.

If trading Cojo brought back 20% of the outgoing salary back that would mean trading Bruno.

So now we are severly gutting the team as we know it and realy doing a large amount of unneccessary shuffling when we could let the piece go whose Rolse Durant could easily slide into and FAR exceed.

Comment

Wow. A team with KL, DD, KD and no forwards is such a mess, why would you even suggest that? Why would KD have any interest at all? He should stay in OKC or go to Washington if that's Toronto's offer - those would both be better situations.

A team with a PG, a C, and a perimeter defender (KL/JV/DC) is such a good basketball fit for a perimeter scorer.
                    Scola and BB could play the 4 and 5. We have a draft pick as well. In a draft loaded with bigs. Masai has a lot of scenarios to his disposal. DD walking is not the only option to get KD.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Scola and BB could play the 4 and 5. We have a draft pick as well. In a draft loaded with bigs. Masai has a lot of scenarios to his disposal. DD walking is not the only option to get KD.
                      of all the horrible ideas you've had, this might be the worst.

Comment

• Remember earlier this offseason when everyone on RR kept saying the only way Masai could make this team better was by trading DD. Lets not put any limits on what Masai is capable of.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Remember earlier this offseason when everyone on RR kept saying the only way Masai could make this team better was by trading DD. Lets not put any limits on what Masai is capable of.
                          what?

Pretty sure that wasnt mentioned, and last time I checked, right now this team isnt any better than last seasons....seeing how it hasnt played a single game.....

Comment

Cardboard cutouts of Shaq and Horace Grant would be equally useful.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              There is no one you can trade for that is as good as Durant, who is very unlikely to be traded unless OKC really struggles and ownership panics. Don't see Masai going after anyone less than KD unless it is a steal of a deal.
                              Axel wrote: View Post
                              There is no one you can trade for that is as good as Durant, who is very unlikely to be traded unless OKC really struggles and ownership panics. Don't see Masai going after anyone less than KD unless it is a steal of a deal.
                              Everything comes down to how confident you are of signing KD, that's why I mentioned the Drake nod. If you are pretty confident, then it makes sense to hold steady. However, bear in mind that holding steady pretty much means that it's KD as Plan A, and DeMar + Goodies as Plan B. Maybe with Horford as an alternate to Plan A.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                no, not really aat all.

You give up DD and Ppat(with all renouncable renounced/opted out)

or

You give up in a perfect scenario Carrolle and Ppat(with all renouncable renounced/opted out)

but the likelyhood of trade Carroll for absolutely nothing is very slim, so you would most likely get at least some salary back in the deal. so you would need to make more deals.

For example: we need 15 million plus Ppats salary.

that could be carroll and Ppat, but if the only deal still brings back 30% of the outgoing salary we need to still clear off another 7 million. So that would be trading away Cojo.

If trading Cojo brought back 20% of the outgoing salary back that would mean trading Bruno.

So now we are severly gutting the team as we know it and realy doing a large amount of unneccessary shuffling when we could let the piece go whose Rolse Durant could easily slide into and FAR exceed.
                                I think my point stands. DD + PP + all the renouncable is a a lot to give up (not for Durant it's not, but in general).

Comment

Working...
                                X