Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Uh, in spite of others quoting points per shot, I've always preferred points per possession used, for exactly this reason.

DeMar used 27 possessions to get to 25 points. That's... Really not great.

That said, DeMar's first game was overall fine. The criticism comes from a) his first half, where he took really, truly terrible shots and shot us out of the game (most guys struggled but he was by far the worst) and b) he was bailed out to the tune of 16 FTA's (admittedly, he does earn those to a degree, but a lot of it is in the refs' hands) - most don't see him repeating that, but it is easy to imagine him repeating the terrible shot selection.
    You forget the 6 assist he got in those 27 possessions. He was not the worse player. He was the one who helped JV get going assisting his 3 first baskets. Kyle Lowry was actually worse who ended with 5 turnovers. With most of them coming in the first half.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Uh, in spite of others quoting points per shot, I've always preferred points per possession used, for exactly this reason.

DeMar used 27 possessions to get to 25 points. That's... Really not great.

That said, DeMar's first game was overall fine. The criticism comes from a) his first half, where he took really, truly terrible shots and shot us out of the game (most guys struggled but he was by far the worst) and b) he was bailed out to the tune of 16 FTA's (admittedly, he does earn those to a degree, but a lot of it is in the refs' hands) - most don't see him repeating that, but it is easy to imagine him repeating the terrible shot selection.
      I think even that is some "spin". Everyone but Jonas was just ice-cold early - and the amazing number of turnovers - by players other than Demar, mostly - had a lot to do with taking us out of the first-half. It was not simply Demar's "'terrible' shot selection". DD was 2 for his first 6 free-throws. I watched the game - and it was just weird, nearly all around, early on ...

But you can go with "it is easy to imagine him (playing poorly)" in the future to account for the disrespect ... while damning him with faint praise, presently. Okay ...
      Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Oct 29, 2015, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Its obvious a lot people here are hoping for DD to fail. Every time he hits a shot they get upset. Every time he misses a shot they get a grin on their faces. Funny part about all this is that if DD fails as much as they want him too this team just wont be that good this year. That's what makes me question if people on here are actually true raptor fans. It seems their hate for DD is more important than the success of the team. Like people here thinks I hate JV but, even I root for him to be successful. The worse part about this is that DD is the exact type of player character wise Raptor fans having been hoping for after players like T-Mac, Vince and Bargnani.
        Personally I'm hoping DD gets traded so that the Raptors can get better because he is holding them back from being a good team.

Obviously it means I hate the guy

Comment

• ChristianL there is no war against DD... There are those of us that see his shot selection and average defense as not worth max dollars and there are those of us that are wrong.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Its obvious a lot people here are hoping for DD to fail. Every time he hits a shot they get upset. Every time he misses a shot they get a grin on their faces. Funny part about all this is that if DD fails as much as they want him too this team just wont be that good this year. That's what makes me question if people on here are actually true raptor fans. It seems their hate for DD is more important than the success of the team. Like people here thinks I hate JV but, even I root for him to be successful. The worse part about this is that DD is the exact type of player character wise Raptor fans having been hoping for after players like T-Mac, Vince and Bargnani.
            Depends on the type of shot. If its a contested long 2 and he still makes it, yeah I'll be glad it went in, but it still doesn't make it a good shot, and when he misses I just facepalm.

As a Raptors fan, I want him to do well, but I still hate his game. Long 2's, not a good 3 pointer shooter, only effective with the ball in his hands and average defender. Can't complain character-wise though. Maybe its just me, but I have always preferred wing players that can shoot 3's and defend.

I do believe this team won't be a contender with DD as the team 1st/2nd scoring option. Long 2's are pretty much the most inefficient shot you can take (unless you are a superstar like KD or Melo), and sadly that is a main part of DD's game.

He did look a little better in the first game than he did last season though.

No offense, but I really don't get your fascination with Derozan.
            Last edited by A.I; Thu Oct 29, 2015, 10:19 PM.

Comment

NOBODY wants DD to fail. Let's get that out of the way REAL quick. Not liking someone's game and wanting them to actually PLAY better is the opposite of wanting someone to fail.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              You forget the 6 assist he got in those 27 possessions. He was not the worse player. He was the one who helped JV get going assisting his 3 first baskets. Kyle Lowry was actually worse who ended with 5 turnovers. With most of them coming in the first half.
              ...there is no way you could come out of that game...at ANY point in that game (granted, I watched the first half of the game the next day since I only caught the second half of the game live) and think that Demar was better than Lowry. Seriously, if that's what you actually saw when you watched the game (at ANY point), I honestly don't know what to say.

thead wrote: View Post
              ChristianL there is no war against DD... There are those of us that see his shot selection and average defense as not worth max dollars and there are those of us that are wrong.
              Pretty much this. Nobody's out there hating on the guy and every piece of criticism against him is not an act of hate (and is factually supported). If you're pointing out someone's flaws and they're fixable at that, it's not hating.
              Last edited by Just Is; Fri Oct 30, 2015, 08:58 AM.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I hated Alan Anderson, Salmons, Bargnani, Lou, Rudy and Demar but it isn't the players fault, they are just the most visible part of the problem. Every one of those guys were asked to do things that were just terrible ways to play or put into situations they can't control. The other group are guys that never or seldom got used correctly Lowry pre 2014, Davis, Fields, JJ, Novak

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  No offense, but I really don't get your fascination with Derozan.
                  I would like to hear this as well, however...

when you specifically ask Chr1s1anL to explain his answer he just spews corporate BS so I don't expect much of an answer

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    I hated Alan Anderson, Salmons, Bargnani, Lou, Rudy and Demar but it isn't the players fault, they are just the most visible part of the problem. Every one of those guys were asked to do things that were just terrible ways to play or put into situations they can't control.
                    Well and this has been exactly my point. Casey has a very long track record of putting guys in horrible positions on a constant and consistent basis and hoping for the best, and yet people insist its Demar being selfish, going rogue and just looking for his. I don't get it.

Casey goes to "his guy, hell or high water"... don't forget that.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Well and this has been exactly my point. Casey has a very long track record of putting guys in horrible positions on a constant and consistent basis and hoping for the best, and yet people insist its Demar being selfish, going rogue and just looking for his. I don't get it.

Well all of those guys minus Rudy aren't very good basketball players so I'll trust Casey's judgement in that sense

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Well all of those guys minus Rudy aren't very good basketball players so I'll trust Casey's judgement in that sense
                        I don't really get it, but I think you're saying "Demar Sucks" ... ? I disagree.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Anderson, Bargs and Lou are all in the league and none have been as terrible except Bargs at times and even he looks better now. They aren't very good and neither is Demar, they are just good in limited usage doing things they are capable of.

Forgot to add GV

Comment

I don't really get it, but I think you're saying "Demar Sucks" ... ? I disagree.
                            Relative to his perception, absolutely

Comment

To be fair, Casey is criticized as much as Demar, he just has fewer supporters that perpetuate the "conversation" - I use the word 'conversation' is the worst way possible.

For me, there are 2 choices being made that I disagree with.

1. Demar chooses to pretend to be Kobe with mid-range jumper after mid-range jumper. He could choose to drive, or pass, or spot up further out for 3.
                              2. Casey chooses to not sub out a player when they take egregious shot after shot and falls back to the "shots we normally make" narrative, even though the stats prove otherwise.

Both are responsible for the shot selection/hero ball; both deserve the criticism (and both get it).
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Is anyone else tired of the "I hate his game" Rhetoric??

Who cares? Maybe the other haters of his game I guess.

If all we talked about were players whose games we hated....lol.

I love Demars game when he's getting to the free throw line, finding his teammates through dribble penetration and posting up smaller players. I love his game when he's hitting clutch shots to close out the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by special1; Fri Oct 30, 2015, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X