Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    That's what I'm saying though, this season isn't an anomaly. It's been a steady four year regression in the 16-23ft range.
    It's an anomaly at least in terms of production.. not necessarily trend. Before this season, he's been shooting 38% from that range for his career. Right now he's at 27% (that number probably goes up after this game though). That's a big drop.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      It's an anomaly at least in terms of production.. not necessarily trend. Before this season, he's been shooting 38% from that range for his career. Right now he's at 27% (that number probably goes up after this game though). That's a big drop.
      For his career he takes 18% of his shots from that range. This year he's taking 23% of his shots in that range. Maybe it's not an anomaly in production, it's him forcing more bad shots from that range. Not exactly a sign of progress.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

For his career he takes 18% of his shots from that range. This year he's taking 23% of his shots in that range. Maybe it's not an anomaly in production, it's him forcing more bad shots from that range. Not exactly a sign of progress.
        You're using basketball-reference aren't you? He's at a career low from 16 feet out. By a big margin too.

Comment

You're using basketball-reference aren't you? He's at a career low from 16 feet out. By a big margin too.
          He's at a career low, and shooting more often from there, where he wasn't good to begin with. That should be a red flag, shouldn't it?

Edit: Also, via Nbasavant.com, on jumpers >10ft with defender range >4ft, unguarded jumpers, DeMar is only shooting 24% this season. So degree of difficulty isn't the issue either.
          Last edited by Barolt; Thu Dec 10, 2015, 01:37 AM.

Comment

He's at a career low, and shooting more often from there, where he wasn't good to begin with. That should be a red flag, shouldn't it?

Edit: Also, via Nbasavant.com, on jumpers >10ft with defender range >4ft, unguarded jumpers, DeMar is only shooting 24% this season. So degree of difficulty isn't the issue either.
            38% from 16 feet out isn't good? Anyway, I think it's just a matter of going for the more efficient shot (his paint shots are at its highest since 2012).

The issue is he's simply missing shots more often than he normally does. Counting just 2 point shots, he's at 25% this season and was at 41% last season and 43% the year before (same criteria). Big drop, but much smaller sample size.

Comment

38% from 16 feet out isn't good? Anyway, I think it's just a matter of going for the more efficient shot (his paint shots are at its highest since 2012).

The issue is he's simply missing shots more often than he normally does. Counting just 2 point shots, he's at 25% this season and was at 41% last season and 43% the year before (same criteria). Big drop, but much smaller sample size.
              The sample size is big enough to draw some conclusions, he's at 1/3rd of his totals from last year for FGA and games. It's possible that teams are just more prepared for what he brings to the table at this point in his career. Either way, in a contract year when you want to see growth, severe regression isn't what you want to see.

Comment

No DD is shooting LESS often from 16-23 feet. 22.9% of his shots vs. ~35% of his shots the last few years.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  No DD is shooting LESS often from 16-23 feet. 22.9% of his shots vs. ~35% of his shots the last few years.
                  Thank you.

Comment

• Masai will probably let him walk and save that cap space to sign a targeted FA, either Batum or Horford or could be both.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      Masai will probably let him walk and save that cap space to sign a targeted FA, either Batum or Horford or could be both.
                      No way Masai lets him walk! I think he'd probably max him out before he loses him for nothing.

Imagine if we miss out on those free agents and Demar walks?? Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        No way Masai lets him walk! I think he'd probably max him out before he loses him for nothing.

Imagine if we miss out on those free agents and Demar walks?? Yikes.

as long as demar is gone we will be better

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          Keep telling yourself that!

Because losing your best players always makes you better right? I guess you believe Bargnani or Gay were our best players... lol

It was my belief that Demar and Kyle were better than Gay. Bargnani was our worst player.

History Snooch.... Check what happens when we lose our best players.

But but KD, Horford, insert great player/superstar is coming here right?

Wait.... Are you really saying that we're better with Ross starting instead of Demar? What exactly are you saying? lol

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            As long as Casey is gone more likely.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              As long as Casey is gone more likely.
                              Feels like a pivotal win, to me. And it looks like you and Dan may well be right about letting Carroll heal without the team going into a tailspin. Kudos ... excellent news!

Almost scary to think we may get JV and DC back and rested. I think the better we fare before the trade deadline, the more likely Masai will be to use an asset or two to bring in more help for this playoff hunt ...

In the meantime, with Ross and JJ getting some real "run", and spending more time at home (and with a very solid record against above .500 teams) the team may be feeling a lot more comfortable this morning. Ready to practice and develop the consistency Casey talked about last night. On a homestand, with the the Bucs and Philly coming in next, and a real chance to move into first place up for grabs ...

As for DeMar and Kyle ... what a back-court! Two all-stars trading big games for victories. Wins against Indiana, Boston, Cleveland, Dallas, the Clippers, Atlanta, OKC, and San Antonio.

I think the whole scenario might give DeMar's critics some cause for reflection. And for those really pulling for him, a chance to relax a bit; things look a lot more propitious this morning, to me, at least.
                              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Dec 10, 2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                Gotta ask though, how do you feel about his 21% on unguarded jumpers this season? Shots >10 ft with defender >4ft away. That's an awful percentage.

Comment

Working...
                                X