Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    Since when has Ross played PG? I must have missed it.

Ross has no impact on the amount of minutes Lowry plays.
    His inability, or more correctly the entire second units inability to score puts enormous pressure on KL the only consistent offense the Raptors have

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      His inability, or more correctly the entire second units inability to score puts enormous pressure on KL the only consistent offense the Raptors have
      I agree with this.

Casey tries to stagger, DeMar and Lowry (and generally does a pretty credible job at this) but while CoJo is good he can't himself just create so many points.

The struggles of Ross and Patterson (along with JV's injury) have weakened the ability to mix and match the second unit and made the offense more reliant on DeMar and Lowry

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        That is one of the reasons why Scola needs to come off the bench....as that changes the entirety of that unit making FAR more usefull offensively.

Joseph
        ross
        JJ
        Scola
        Biyombo

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          That is one of the reasons why Scola needs to come off the bench....as that changes the entirety of that unit making FAR more usefull offensively.

Joseph
          ross
          JJ
          Scola
          Biyombo
          If you think the Raptors currently have spacing issues, good lord if Patterson isn't coming off the bench.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
            If you think the Raptors currently have spacing issues, good lord if Patterson isn't coming off the bench.
            Bench only has a spacing issue in that case if you're doing hockey shift style substitutions.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              Bench only has a spacing issue in that case if you're doing hockey shift style substitutions.
              This, 2Pat should be starting. You have Lowry and DD driving/kicking all day. That's going to be open shot after open shot for him. It's not an accident that Lowry-DD-2Pat is one of our best performing 3 man lineups while Lowry-DD-Scola is negative in netRTG.

Comment

• Heck, a big part of our bench's spacing problem is that DeRozan can't play effectively with our best defender off the bench(Johnson) because that means that puts 2 guys on the floor who aren't centers and aren't shooting threats.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Heck, a big part of our bench's spacing problem is that DeRozan can't play effectively with our best defender off the bench(Johnson) because that means that puts 2 guys on the floor who aren't centers and aren't shooting threats.
                  Our best defender off the bench is CoJo #1.

#2 how does playing James Johnson make our spacing better on the bench?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    Our best defender off the bench is CoJo #1.

#2 how does playing James Johnson make our spacing better on the bench?
                    I'm not saying playing James Johnson makes our spacing better, I'm saying playing James Johnson with DeMar makes our spacing non-existant.

Edit: Also, Johnson has better Drtg and DBPM than CoJo.

Comment

• Do you guys think Boston would give us the pick they got from Brooklyn and Sullinger for Demar?

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                        Do you guys think Boston would give us the pick they got from Brooklyn and Sullinger for Demar?
                        No way they trade a top 5 pick and sulinger for DD. Boston is setting themselves up for the future, they will be very dangerous in a couple years.

Comment

Do you guys think Boston would give us the pick they got from Brooklyn and Sullinger for Demar?
                          I laughed. How I do wish this could happen.

Boston is not giving that pick for anybody. Just as a giant F you to Brooklyn for the first of 3 big F yous. There's a really good chance it can turn into the #1 pick this year.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Aside from the whole Boston won't trade that pick thing, I don't think DeMar sufficiently helps Boston. Avery Bradley's having a great season, is a plus defender and shoots better from range than DeMar. Also, they're winning with team ball and a ball stopping guard hurts that.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Heck, a big part of our bench's spacing problem is that DeRozan can't play effectively with our best defender off the bench(Johnson) because that means that puts 2 guys on the floor who aren't centers and aren't shooting threats.
                              DD and JJ have played over 100 minutes together in the year, have a 102 ORTG and a +7 net rating while on the floor together.

Reality is Patterson should be out there for most of DD's minutes anyway. DeMar has his best on-court offensive rating with BeBe (small sample), JV, then PP. Biyombo is right at the bottom, as is Ross. And with Patterson out there, DD and JJ are a perfectly acceptable combo for spacing.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                DD and JJ have played over 100 minutes together in the year, have a 102 ORTG and a +7 net rating while on the floor together.

Reality is Patterson should be out there for most of DD's minutes anyway. DeMar has his best on-court offensive rating with BeBe (small sample), JV, then PP. Biyombo is right at the bottom, as is Ross. And with Patterson out there, DD and JJ are a perfectly acceptable combo for spacing.
                                Considering DeMar has a 108 Ortg, Johnson has a 105 Ortg, and our team has a 107 Ortg, that doesn't make me feel better. I'd assume the net rating difference is mostly made up defensively?

Comment

Working...
                                X