• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think DD signs the 4th option
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I think DD signs the 4th option
      Nah ... looking at those numbers now, I'm thinking that we do get a discount ... but it's looking more like $22/$23M to me. He might even take the full max from somebody. That kinda' dough is hard to say no to.

Like, I think David Price is a great guy (good head on his shoulders) who liked Toronto, and could definitely see a Championship here (and ten mega-tons of run-support) ... But turning down a nine-figure contract? Who does that?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
        Yes .... but why the limitation?

(Actually, I guess it's obvious - part of the attempt to keep salaries under control, in a cap world. But ... with how he's playing this year, I'd sure like to be able to offer him the $20M (+/-) now.)

(But thanks again for the numbers - we were really "at sea" without them.)
        Not really "at sea". Derozan is getting the max. From the Raptors or someone else. Do people really still think that he isn't getting the max?

Comment

• I hate to add this here since its a TR thread.. but DD could get what Millsap got.. both all-stars. Neither really max stars either.

Orlando was trying to get him for $20M a year and for 4 years. Atlanta got him down to $60M for 3 years.

$20M last summer isn't the same as next summer due to the cap hike.. that's why I do think he'll get paid.

Masai may be able to barter it down (either total salary or years) but it will still be high.

My early guess is that DD will settle for a 3 year, $75M deal next summer (with no options).

Comment

Nah ... looking at those numbers now, I'm thinking that we do get a discount ... but it's looking more like $22/$23M to me. He might even take the full max from somebody. That kinda' dough is hard to say no to.

Like, I think David Price is a great guy (good head on his shoulders) who liked Toronto, and could definitely see a Championship here (and ten mega-tons of run-support) ... But turning down a nine-figure contract? Who does that?
            I think DD takes a discount to help the team improve. When everybody in his draft class was taking 12 mil extension DD took 9.5. Here's hoping he has the same mindset.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think DD takes a discount to help the team improve. When everybody in his draft class was taking 12 mil extension DD took 9.5. Here's hoping he has the same mindset.
              When everyone in his draft class was ranked better than him, he got paid less? Shocker.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

In Price's case; the Blue Jays didn't make an offer and were actually his first choice.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  When everyone in his draft class was ranked better than him, he got paid less? Shocker.
                  The second contract is usually based on potential. Teams are paying for what you will do.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• These numbers are insane and very difficult for me to wrap my head around. I remember when alex Rodriguez got 25 mil a year and it was a huge fucking deal. Athlete salaries are rising exponentially much faster than joe public.

Also, lowry is soon gonna be on arguably the best deal in the nba. And once this Contract is done he's past his peak. He must be pissed lol.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The second contract is usually based on potential. Teams are paying for what you will do.
                      Read any report from league wide writers at the time - it was seen as a massive overpay even with the potential label.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        In Price's case; the Blue Jays didn't make an offer and were actually his first choice.
                        I know. But I think even those ($#@#%^&%%&!!!) cheap-skates might have made a 5-year, $20M offer. They didn't offer because they knew (or were told) he was in the range he signed for. After seeing the numbers, now, it's hard to see Demar giving up 30, 40, 50 million dollars. Maybe they can offer 22.5 and cap the icnreases to keep the total in line as a % of the cap, or something, but ...

(I'm sooooooo pissed at Rogers, though. I don't like Shapiro - I think he's sleazy - a liar. Alex wasn't a liar. But Shapiro's just Rogers' man making Rogers' call, really. )

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          These numbers are insane and very difficult for me to wrap my head around. I remember when alex Rodriguez got 25 mil a year and it was a huge fucking deal. Athlete salaries are rising exponentially much faster than joe public.

Also, lowry is soon gonna be on arguably the best deal in the nba. And once this Contract is done he's past his peak. He must be pissed lol.
                          Think about how steph curry feels. He's arguably the best player in the nba and he's getting paid less than terrence ross
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            Think about how steph curry feels. He's arguably the best player in the nba and he's getting paid less than terrence ross
                            True, but at least Steph is gonna get one more mega deal in his prime. Lowry isnt
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I could see Lowry getting a 1 year max contract (Second year non-guaranteed).. but yeah he got screwed

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Not really "at sea". Derozan is getting the max. From the Raptors or someone else. Do people really still think that he isn't getting the max?
                                It's interesting how one can be so sure of the salary a player is going to get in the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X