Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    Kenneth Faried and Arron Afllalo
    No way you sign both of them for $20M in my opinion.

And I don't think this really makes us a better team (ie getting out of the 1st/2nd round)

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Kenneth is locked up at a Ross level deal

Afflalo is being paid 8 million per for 2 years. (could refuse option and resign for better money (which he probably will)
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I think it's a sum of parts situation. Demar at $20M+ vs 2 players for the same amount.
        I am not an NBA-GMing-guy but I am pretty sure that's not how it works.....

Comment

Who are 2 players that will make us a better team, that can be had for $20M?
          It's a fair question with a good answer but I can't look at the full list of free agents and "gettable" guys right now.

I honestly like Gerald Henderson as a cheap option. Better defender than DD but similar guy who could be that versatile 6th man for a lot less than half of DD's salary.

I really don't think it will be that hard to be honest.

Plus it's "$20M+" - we don't know that + value. Could be $5 or more. $25M can get you some good ball players.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            I am not an NBA-GMing-guy but I am pretty sure that's not how it works.....
            How what works?

We have multiple holes to fill and we could use that money to try and address it or we can bring back this same core.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's a fair question with a good answer but I can't look at the full list of free agents and "gettable" guys right now.

I honestly like Gerald Henderson as a cheap option. Better defender than DD but similar guy who could be that versatile 6th man for a lot less than half of DD's salary.

I really don't think it will be that hard to be honest.

Plus it's "$20M+" - we don't know that + value. Could be $5 or more. $25M can get you some good ball players.
              But we don't know ANY value for Demar yet.

But regardless, I don't think 2 mediocre players makes us any better than going forward with Demar, who could probably net us more than 2 mediocre players if we had him on a longer term deal, in a trade.

Comment

But we don't know ANY value for Demar yet.

But regardless, I don't think 2 mediocre players makes us any better than going forward with Demar, who could probably net us more than 2 mediocre players if we had him on a longer term deal, in a trade.
                Agreed, let's trade him.

I think Marvin Williams is another name to add to the "sum of parts" list.

Comment

Agreed, let's trade him.
                  Lol My point was we need to resign him before we can actually trade him for anything of real value though .. Haha

Comment

Lol My point was we need to resign him before we can actually trade him for anything of real value though .. Haha
                    I would rather trade him now then resign him just for the purpose of trading him later (unless it's a S&T situation). Continuing down this current roster path feels an awful lot like exercise (...treadmill if that was too ambiguous), and a clear direction is preferable to treading water while waiting for a deal to come along. Plus the timeline to trade him impacts the window to move/convince Lowry. The longer we wait to move on, the less time we have to convince Lowry to stick with us or move him (at the same diminishing returns that DD has this year).

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                      The idea of paying Demar some of these numbers being tossed around makes me want to find a dark place and a bottle of cheap whiskey.

Let him walk and put the money to better use. If there's a nice trade offer then you take it, but I want to see what MU can do in the chase for KD
                      I'm with you. Paying max for Demar would be utterly ridiculous. That move will handicap us financially. It'll be a Joe Johnson type contract and we'll never get out of the first round.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

So by trading Demar, we no longer need to worry about all the other stuff?

a)Lowry stays in top form or improves
                        c) Carrol plays like ATL carroll or improves
                        d) JV stays as is or improves
                        e) make phenominal picks
                        f) everyone else improves
                        g) make incredible under the radar low cost signing(as we would have no money left)
                        h) everyone else improves as well.
                        i) no break down of players

That seems off.
                        Not what I meant at all, perhaps I wasnt clear enough.

We need all of a-i to happen to make a step forward, into contender status, all of them.

But with a step to the side, and more assets added then you have a shorter path with fewer variables...imo

Comment

And I don't think this really makes us a better team (ie getting out of the 1st/2nd round)
                          They're actually already both making ~20M combined right now. Faried is signed till 18-19 at ~12M per year though but Afflalo might hit 8 figures in the offseason.

But it's a grass is greener move, doesn't make us better (imo it makes us worse), pretty pointless if you ask me.

Comment

Agreed, let's trade him.

I think Marvin Williams is another name to add to the "sum of parts" list.
                            Marvin Williams is as mediocre as it gets. He's not standout in any area on the basketball court.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              I'd offer Batum 64m to 72m over 4 years and see if he bites

I'd offer Horford 100m over 4 years

I just can't wrap my head around Max DeRozan, although I acknowledge he is playing much better this year (minus the occasional relapse
                              Batum is going to get paid just as much if not MORE than DeRozan this offseason. Idk why people keep suggesting him as a cheap replacement. Considering he checks the 3PT shooting box that the league is enamored with, fills up the boxscore and is around the same age is DD.

You're not getting him off Charlotte unless you're paying upwards of 20M to the Max (like DD). As a result we wouldn't even be able to sign him outright (even if DD walks) unless we make a secondary move (not an issue, but this idea that Batum is going to be some cheap steal in FA is just simply not correct).

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                Marvin Williams is as mediocre as it gets. He's not standout in any area on the basketball court.
                                He'd probably be the best option at starting PF if he were on this team right now.

Fit and skill sets, it's not a straight up this player vs that player situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X