No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dunno man, I'm not quite that glum, and im usually the worst.

once DD is back in stride, and toronto makes a move to get a better big option than amir, or a vet support guy like Garnett this team is gonna look nice.

maybe not conference finals, or finals nice, but still solid

Comment

• I genuinely don't think it's possible we lose in the first round unless we drop to fourth place. If we stay in the top three we're looking at either Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Miami, Indiana or maybe Charlotte if they figure it out. Of all those teams the only team with even a slight chance is Miami but I think we matchup well with them and shouldn't have a problem at all. The only loss to any of those teams this year was one to Miami and that was arguably our worst played game this year. Second round is where I'm a little more worried

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        I dunno man, I'm not quite that glum, and im usually the worst.

once DD is back in stride, and toronto makes a move to get a better big option than amir, or a vet support guy like Garnett this team is gonna look nice.

maybe not conference finals, or finals nice, but still solid
        So solid is 2nd round?

I'm just figuring out superjudge lingo haha

Comment

• What? No consideration that Masai may pull off a trade before the team makes the stretch run?

The question: Do we know what this Raptors team is after 30+ games? I certainly hope MU does.

My own take: We are straddling the 1st-2nd round of the EC playoffs...as is. This in itself is progress (if we get to 2nd rd) from last year. But as carnivores...we always want more.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            I genuinely don't think it's possible we lose in the first round unless we drop to fourth place. If we stay in the top three we're looking at either Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Miami, Indiana or maybe Charlotte if they figure it out. Of all those teams the only team with even a slight chance is Miami but I think we matchup well with them and shouldn't have a problem at all. The only loss to any of those teams this year was one to Miami and that was arguably our worst played game this year. Second round is where I'm a little more worried
            Never count out a team with vets. Brooklyn and Miami could both give us a run for our money. And with LeBron out/bored who knows where Cleveland ends up seeded.

Comment

I genuinely don't think it's possible we lose in the first round unless we drop to fourth place. If we stay in the top three we're looking at either Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Miami, Indiana or maybe Charlotte if they figure it out. Of all those teams the only team with even a slight chance is Miami but I think we matchup well with them and shouldn't have a problem at all. The only loss to any of those teams this year was one to Miami and that was arguably our worst played game this year. Second round is where I'm a little more worried
              Every bottom team has a better coach then Casey. Even if Toronto wins the conference they could lose a 7 game series against any team with Casey.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                What? No consideration that Masai may pull off a trade before the team makes the stretch run?

The question: Do we know what this Raptors team is after 30+ games? I certainly hope MU does.

My own take: We are straddling the 1st-2nd round of the EC playoffs...as is. This in itself is progress (if we get to 2nd rd) from last year. But as carnivores...we always want more.
                2nd round would be progress.

If and when Masai makes a deal I reserve right to reevaluate at that time.

But this team right now with Casey at the helm does not inspire confidence looking at playoffs.

If we wish to keep our expectations to the expectations of 2010-2013, then yeah, this is great.

But personally I'm not static and have adjusted my opinions based on being a good team, not a team angling for lottery balls.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Every bottom team has a better coach then Casey. Even if Toronto wins the conference they could lose a 7 game series against any team with Casey.
                  You're overreacting to us being blown out for the first time this year.

I think we'd have a 85% chance of beating anyone in the first round not being Atlanta, Chicago, Washington or Cleveland.

And reaching the second round is a successful season for us. Conference Finals would be great but saving that for next year with the new jerseys and the allstar game and the two picks in the summer gives us our best chance to land a star player.

Comment

You're overreacting to us being blown out for the first time this year.

I think we'd have a 85% chance of beating anyone in the first round not being Atlanta, Chicago, Washington or Cleveland.

And reaching the second round is a successful season for us. Conference Finals would be great but saving that for next year with the new jerseys and the allstar game and the two picks in the summer gives us our best chance to land a star player.
                    Add BKN - Hollins, INDY - Vogel coaches that have won playoff games and BOS - Stevens. Unless the roster can overwhelm an opponent, Raptors aren't winning a series.

Comment

• Forgot BUCKS - Kidd

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Add BKN - Hollins, INDY - Vogel coaches that have won playoff games and BOS - Stevens. Unless the roster can overwhelm an opponent, Raptors aren't winning a series.
                        It's people like you who complain about how nobody gives the Raps their credit I bet. Now people are saying that Casey is a coach of the year nominee and you call hollins and Vogel better coaches. I'm curious, what changes could be made to improve the team in your opinion?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          It's people like you who complain about how nobody gives the Raps their credit I bet. Now people are saying that Casey is a coach of the year nominee and you call hollins and Vogel better coaches. I'm curious, what changes could be made to improve the team in your opinion?
                          I never said Raptor don't get enough credit. COTY winners include Karl and Mitchell. NBA should give executive of the year end of seasons and coach after the playoffs. Raptors should fire Casey and get Malone.

Comment

• Casey has his good points, but it's his weaknesses that cost the team short term and long term.

Said weaknesses include, but are not limited to:
                            - Over-reliance on "star" or "pigeon hole" players. See DD, Lowry, Bargnani, Gay, Lou, Anderson. This has led to a predictable offense.
                            - Over-reliance on "vet" players when they are not producing at a level like the "not vet" players
                            - Trust issues with young players (which may hinder their long term development)
                            - Double standards
                            - Doesn't support his guys when they need it (ie technical fouls)
                            - Questionable rotations (at best)
                            - Poor out-of timeout usage
                            - Lack of team identity
                            - Inconsistent defensive approach (only 2/4 years has he produced a decent defensive team)
                            - (to summarize a few of the above - in game management)

A coach of the year nominee who has a predictable offensive scheme and not-so-good defense, with conjunction of some of the other listed flaws, poor in game management...that makes for a relatively mediocre head coach.

For example: Atlanta played Portland tonight. During said game, Portland was trailing, Stotts went small to heat up the game, but Atlanta stayed big, and went to work inside because they saw an advantage. Portland had to abandon the small-ball game and Atlanta continued on doing what they do to a win. In Casey's case, could you say that he would not go small? (when in this instance it was correct to stay big)

Comment

• #ProveEm
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Jesus, we lose one game to the best team in the league by 19 points for the for first time since march 2013 and you all start shitting your pants. Fucking pathetic.
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X