Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    So you're saying that the struggles that they're going thru right now is all DeRozan's fault?

No mention of the team's pathetic defence?

Regression of T-Ross and JV's inconsistencies?

Lowry playing like shit since being named a starter?
    TRex you're making too much sense for McHappy to admit it..... lol

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
      Agreed. But lots of people on here don't put it so eloquently.

I'd like to make a comparison, but let me preface it by saying that I am not a Leafs fan. I do not stay up to date with ALL Leafs news/stats/etc. I would just say that I think the way that DeMar is treated on this message board is quite similar to the way Kessel is treated by the entire Toronto Sports media. Both players are extremely talented athletes. Both players are pure scoring/offensive type players. Both players have been made the face of their franchise. And both players get flak for not living up to the "Superstar" title; not elevating their franchise to the playoffs/championships by themselves. Now I realize that this analogy may be a mit of a stretch, but I think there are definitely some similarities to be made. I just don't understand how or why DeMar, and somewhat Phil, get as much hate as they do. They have come in and done basically all their skill-set will allow them to. They are both pretty damn good players. Just because they can't necessarily fill the position of Superstar that the ORGANIZATION and FANS have placed on them, doesn't mean that we should write them off as trash. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Just my two cents.
      For me, the problem is DeRozan trying to do too much. I don't want him to play like a "superstar". When he does, he ends up shooting 5-20 (last night excepted). I want DeRozan to be more selective with his offense, and not force things. I want him to play like the "good" player that he is.

I'm very pleased with the improvements in his passing and rebounding efforts. Gone are the days when DeRozan isn't scoring, he isn't contributing elsewhere. But the chucking still hurts us.

I realize that DeRozan isn't the only culprit, and that Casey deserves his fair share of blame. But this is the DeRozan thread, after all.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
        Agreed. But lots of people on here don't put it so eloquently.

I'd like to make a comparison, but let me preface it by saying that I am not a Leafs fan. I do not stay up to date with ALL Leafs news/stats/etc. I would just say that I think the way that DeMar is treated on this message board is quite similar to the way Kessel is treated by the entire Toronto Sports media. Both players are extremely talented athletes. Both players are pure scoring/offensive type players. Both players have been made the face of their franchise. And both players get flak for not living up to the "Superstar" title; not elevating their franchise to the playoffs/championships by themselves. Now I realize that this analogy may be a mit of a stretch, but I think there are definitely some similarities to be made. I just don't understand how or why DeMar, and somewhat Phil, get as much hate as they do. They have come in and done basically all their skill-set will allow them to. They are both pretty damn good players. Just because they can't necessarily fill the position of Superstar that the ORGANIZATION and FANS have placed on them, doesn't mean that we should write them off as trash. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Just my two cents.
        A very good comparison in my opinion.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          For me, the problem is DeRozan trying to do too much. I don't want him to play like a "superstar". When he does, he ends up shooting 5-20 (last night excepted). I want DeRozan to be more selective with his offense, and not force things. I want him to play like the "good" player that he is.

I'm very pleased with the improvements in his passing and rebounding efforts. Gone are the days when DeRozan isn't scoring, he isn't contributing elsewhere. But the chucking still hurts us.

I realize that DeRozan isn't the only culprit, and that Casey deserves his fair share of blame. But this is the DeRozan thread, after all.
          You've come a long way Nilanka.....a very long way. Maybe McHappy will eventually come around as well....

Comment

So you're saying that the struggles that they're going thru right now is all DeRozan's fault?

No mention of the team's pathetic defence?

Regression of T-Ross and JV's inconsistencies?

Lowry playing like shit since being named a starter?
            1) He does play the most minutes and does take the most shots. But no, I didn't say the struggles is all DeRozan's fault. That is you jumping to conclusions with your emotional stance on DeRozan.

2) The team does play pathetic defense. When your supposed 'best' player, according to you, is one of the biggest culprits of inconsistent effort and attention to detail it is hardly a surprise.

3) Ross has regressed but his role is miniscule compared to DeRozan. JV has solid production and despite being in his third season continues to be on a yo-yo when it comes to minutes.

4) Lowry has played like shit. He has also played hurt. If I am understanding your logic correctly, you get cut tremendous slack returning from injury but not attempting to play through it? Personally, I think Lowry has played like shit - period, full stop, no excuse. DeRozan has played like shit most of this season. He has played well individually in March with the team going 7-8 in that span. When DeRozan consistently plays well within the flow of the team then he'll have an admirer in me.... like he did much of last season... until the end of season and playoffs.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              it's too bad we couldn't trade him now while his arrow is pointing up
              And this could very well be DeRozans best contribution to the team if he plays well to round out the season.

Honestly he is a deeply flawed player who requires this exact style (ISO) of offense to be marginally mediocre at scoring. Trade him for pieces that will allow the team to make the step towards Spursian basketball. It is the way of the future, and I'm afraid the Raptors are stuck in the early 2000's with the way they are playing right now.

Gotta adapt with the times.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                You've come a long way Nilanka.....a very long way. Maybe McHappy will eventually come around as well....
                mcHAPPY has openly stated that he has bias when it comes to DeRozan.

Let's just discuss, rather than trying to convert. Same goes for others
                OG is our king

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

I believe if this could be summed up in one word it would be "CONSISTENCY"

Comment

I've never claimed that he doesn't have value.

And I never blamed him for all of the team's problems.

But I admit he is no longer the one-dimensional player he was 2 years ago. He's increased his basketball IQ, and now understands how else to help when his jumper isn't falling. The next step is to understand when to take the jumper, and when not to.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      That is you jumping to conclusions with your emotional stance on DeRozan.
                      Emotional stance? lol. I call myseld as a pretty fair poster. No BIAS no BULLSHIT. I call it the way i see it. Always have been always will. Whether y'all like it or not.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

A very good comparison in my opinion.
                        I think it's a pretty bad comparion.

Not a Leafs fan but a hockey fan. Kessel is one LAZY SOB. He deserves all the criticism that he's getting from the media. That guy has all the talent in the world to be a franchise player. If he has DeRozan's work ethic he'd be right there with the Ovechkin and Stamkos of the world.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Emotional stance? lol. I call myseld as a pretty fair poster. No BIAS no BULLSHIT. I call it the way i see it. Always have been always will. Whether y'all like it or not.
                          So why is it the only time these types of discussions arise is after a big DeRozan game?

Where is the DeRozan DeVotion when he is stinking up half a season with sub .400 shooting?

And please, continue to call it like you see it. No one wants you to do anything else.

Comment

• DeRozan plays a good month and all the nut huggers come out of the wood work lmao

Where were yall when he was chucking us out of games?

No point in arguing about this just wait till DD goes back to his chucking ways, 1 good month isn't a bigger than 6 years
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              So why is it the only time these types of discussions arise is after a big DeRozan game?

Where is the DeRozan DeVotion when he is stinking up half a season with sub .400 shooting?

And please, continue to call it like you see it. No one wants you to do anything else.
                              Trex is a funny poster

He claims to call it how it is but that's far from the truth
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

He's a borderline all star(who is just getting better and better every year) just like Lowry. But he's a our best scorer and is severely underrated n this forum.

If you ask me who i'd rather keep between Lowry and DeRozan going forward. I'd keep DeRozan. Because 1.) He plays 82 games a year, he never gets hurt. And 2.) He's only 25 years old, Lowry is 30 and is never healthy. There's always something going on with Lowry health wise. His style of play doesn't help.
                                92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                                Bold 1 - I do not argue with you there at all. Hence the "I'm not going to claim he's a superstar". However, what is the problem with fans loving him? What has he done that should warrant any hate, at all? He's not the perfect player, but he's the best one we've got at the moment. So-called "fans" on this forum, and Toronto sports fans in general, treat their best players like shit and pick and pick at them; Christ, it's no wonder they don't stick around. I'm not saying you can't aspire to have better talent on the team, or wish that DeMar would stop taking deep, contested twos and play more to his strengths, but at least look at things rationally. He's not a trash player. He just gave Harden and the Rockets 42, and has been averaging 19.5 ppg in a "bad" season.

Bold 2 - Disagree with you here as well. If you asked me today who I would rather keep going forward it would be DeRozan for the reasons mentioned by TRex above me.
                                You seriously saying raptors fans treat their star players like crap? Really? Lowry just got a shitloads of votes for playing 2 months of spectacular ball. Vince was the biggest sports story in the NBA, Bosh was a perennial all-star. Please don't give me that crap.

My only problem is when people say that he is superstar driven by the small sample size of one month. Hell, even you said "what's wrong with calling him a superstar" after just one month of solid ball. Even Bargnani has played well for a month. I try to be rational about things, and that tells me that Demar isn't a superstar, but that's OK, as long as he doesn't try to do too much. Let me put it this way; as long as Casey is around, I have no hope for demar because he's not going to hold him accountable.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X