• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    DD for picks

Picks for all-star

ala Harden style

It doesnt need to be a straight trade. DD may fetch an unkown future pick, which may increase its value with time, and may be packaged with other picks to in sum have more value than DD alone.

Much to learn young grasshopper
    So you would trade DeMar for a future first round pick on the possibility that this pick will become valuable enough to be able to be successfully packaged (and beat other offers) for a potential star who might end up better than DeMar?

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
      So you would trade DeMar for a future first round pick on the possibility that this pick will become valuable enough to be able to be successfully packaged (and beat other offers) for a potential star who might end up better than DeMar?
      Yes.

Or that pick/picks may be used to aquire 2-3 players who are worth more together, via draft or trade.

Tons of flexibility.

Comment

• Aren't we going to have money this off-season and the next once GV's contract comes off the books? Why do we need to get rid of DeMar to add a star? Why not just sign a better player so that DeMar's no longer our number 1/2 option but is still has the talent of an all star that made team USA? Wanting to give that up for picks is ridiculous...at least get a player back smh.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Yes.

Or that pick/picks may be used to aquire 2-3 players who are worth more together, via draft or trade.

Tons of flexibility.
          This does not add up money-wise. Can't just trade $10 million for draft picks

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
            *theory

I'll bite though; with the amount of our expiring cntracts we will be able to take on another bad contract, potentially increasing DDs value in the trade.

Really the options are endless if you just put a half assed attempt to even think about it

Comment

Sure you can. To any team with 10M in cap space.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Aren't we going to have money this off-season and the next once GV's contract comes off the books? Why do we need to get rid of DeMar to add a star? Why not just sign a better player so that DeMar's no longer our number 1/2 option but is still has the talent of an all star that made team USA? Wanting to give that up for picks is ridiculous...at least get a player back smh.
                If we keep all our core, we will have the true max available in neither of those summers. So we will be stuck playing the RFA lottery or low bidding on all the best free agents.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This year, the team went to all-star DeMar DeRozan and asked him about his most frustrating tendency – giving up on drives and taking impossible two-point shots. DeRozan worries about it, but he can’t rewrite his competitive DNA on demand. That’s what he is – a guy who makes tough twos. He’s also never been on a team that won big at any level.

The team set him a small challenge: get one foot in the paint. As long as he has one foot in the paint when he takes a shot, and whether it’s preceded by infinity pump fakes, it won’t be questioned.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle23756362/

Now where have we heard this desire before?

Oh right.

Comment

• That small challenge reminds me of when Casey came to Toronto.

The challenge for Bargnani was 2 rebounds per quarter.

It was so simple and seemed so achievable.

Alas, it failed.

I remember being gun-ho on it too. I was so optimistic and such a blind homer. Others called me out - they were right.

Earlier in the season I know DD's long 2 count were down. I don't have the time right now but anyone else care to check stats.nba.com? If not, I'll check later.

Comment

• I hate this notion that DeRozan takes long-twos because it's innately who he is.

he can’t rewrite his competitive DNA on demand. That’s what he is – a guy who makes tough twos.
                      It's a habit he's formed because the coaching staff has allowed him to.

Comment

• The team set him a small challenge: get one foot in the paint. As long as he has one foot in the paint when he takes a shot, and whether it’s preceded by infinity pump fakes, it won’t be questioned.
                        I really dislike the tone of this. It sounds like how you talk to a 5 year old that won't eat his dinner. "One more bite! One more bite! Then you can have dessert! Look, the spoon's an airplane! Here it comes, it's coming in for a landing, open your mouth! MMMMMMMMM DELICIOUS!"

How about this: stop taking bad shots, or we have to take away your minutes. Aren't we all adults?
                        Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Apr 2, 2015, 11:56 AM.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I hate this notion that DeRozan takes long-twos because it's innately who he is.

It's a habit he's formed because the coaching staff has allowed him to.
                          Notice how it also says right after: "he's also never been on a team that won big at any level'
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            I really dislike the tone of this. it sounds like how you talk to a 5 year old that won't eat his dinner. "One more bite! One more bite! Then you can have desert! Look, the spoon's an airplane! Here it comes, it's coming in for a landing, open your mouth! MMMMMMMMM DELICIOUS!"

How about this: stop taking bad shots, or we have to take away your minutes. Aren't we all adults?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              That small challenge reminds me of when Casey came to Toronto.

The challenge for Bargnani was 2 rebounds per quarter.

It was so simple and seemed so achievable.

Alas, it failed.

I remember being gun-ho on it too. I was so optimistic and such a blind homer. Others called me out - they were right.

Earlier in the season I know DD's long 2 count were down. I don't have the time right now but anyone else care to check stats.nba.com? If not, I'll check later.
                              Not sure if this is what you mean but his 16 to 3point range is down from 36% to 35% and his shots 0-3 feet are up from 15% to over 19%.

I'd be curious to have a breakdown of the last month where he's been playing a lot better.

His March stats were his best on every level including FG%, taking 3s (he made more 3s in March than he had in the rest of the year combined), FT rate, rebounding, assists.

Is it statistical noise or arbritary end points rather than genuine improvement?

Thats up for you guys to decide though I think we could better tell if his long two numbers went down or even his mid range did and his paint attempts went up

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                I really dislike the tone of this. it sounds like how you talk to a 5 year old that won't eat his dinner. "One more bite! One more bite! Then you can have desert! Look, the spoon's an airplane! Here it comes, it's coming in for a landing, open your mouth! MMMMMMMMM DELICIOUS!"

Houston had to do the same with Josh Smith. McHale told him "you're allowed 2 3-pointers a game. If you go 0-2, you're done. If you make 1 out of those 2, you can take a 3rd, but once you miss 2 in a row, that's it."

Sometimes we forget these *says in deep voice* "PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES!" are really just coddled, entitled 20-something "kids" that are rich as hell and know that they hold all the cards and leverage over a coaching staff. So while it'd be nice to say "hey you! Do as I say or ride the pine!" It's not that simple, and a lot of them (apparently Derozan being one, unsurprisingly) need to be handled with kid gloves..
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X