No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think RR can all agree that DD's production is only worth 8 mil (under current cap), however his market value is higher.

Hopefully MU is smarter than Colangelo and pays based on production....

Comment

• Special1 go read the thread.

Where did I specifically say max? Max or NEAR max is what I said. Both are horrible for a guy who's biggest attribute is volume scoring.

Remember when that Sportsnet article came out saying people better get use to the idea of DD getting a max deal? Yeah. #ProveEm running wild.

It was just a few days ago someone, you or Christian?, threw in my face me upset about his extension 3 years ago. Ummmm, yeah, I was bothered because it was an overpay at the time. Sure it worked out to at least be reasonable but we've seen enough players in RFA have the market dictate value to the downside.

Or how about when people provide rationale about how he should be getting average or slightly above/below average salary based on player comparisons to other players putting up DD production? OSC has come under fire numerous times.

Why wouldn't a fan of the franchise want to see the cap situation remain as open and flexible as possible?

I love how it is the same posters taking a comment and twisting it to their own beliefs and warped opinion of a poster rather than actually taking the comment for what it literally is.

Axel got it and he isn't even that bright so I imagine most others got it too.
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        can I shut this thread down until something changes? It makes my eyes bleed
        No.

It is how I punish myself for 20 years of Raptor allegiance.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          I think RR can all agree that DD's production is only worth 8 mil (under current cap), however his market value is higher.

Hopefully MU is smarter than Colangelo and pays based on production....
          Especially with a 26 year old despite his work ethic.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            You guys cannot be serious right now.... So all the DD fans became Raptors fans in 2009?

Please don't turn this into an old vs. new fans thing. Because that's going to get debunked really quickly. Trying to categorize all DeRozan fans as new age, twitter hash-tag fans is a little bit ridiculous.
            Saying that young people are fans of DD is not the same thing as saying DD fans are young.

JWash wrote: View Post
            I was a fan of the Raptors long before DeRozan was on the team and I'm sure many of the other people who like DeRozan can say the same.

I do not like this questioning people's fandom thing at all, it's annoying and it just causes unnecessary arguments. This isn't a "who's a bigger Raptors fan" thread it's a "DeRozan" thread. Let's debate the topic not how good of a fan certain posters or groups of posters are. I mean it's basically a personal attack.
            I think you need to learn to separate the poster from the post. You saw my name and came out guns a blazin without actually taking time to properly read what was written. This type of response is much more of a personal attack than anything that was written.

If a DD supporter had written that post, you would have read it differently.

I think thead should shut this thread down for a while. Clearly some people can't discuss DD.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The salary cap when DeRozan signed his last contract for 10M was approximately half of what it's going to be in 2017 and that deal turned out to be good, no? (Yes I know the cap is expected to drop to 100M the next year and then have incremental increases after, point is the same)

So DD for ~20M per year is not too crazy in a new cap environment right? I mean mathematically that makes sense.

I think yes if you start getting too close to the max (~28M per year) then you're overpaying, but I don't think he's going to (nor do I want him to) get that or anything particularly close to it.

If DD signs for 4/80 or 4/90 (somewhere around there) don't really think it's time to hit the panic button.
              Last edited by JWash; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                can I shut this thread down until something changes? It makes my eyes bleed
                Please do.

Comment

• Being supportive of a player that's been a focal point to back to back franchise breaking seasons. How does that make anyone less of a raptor fan? The cap is increasing. The Max is now what an all-star wing is worth. I don't see how being realistic about DD's pending free agency makes you less of a fan.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• And more people who react before actually reading posts pop in.

No one said that people who support Demar before Raptors are "less of fans" that has not been mentioned at all in the past 100s of pages with exception by you and JWash.

Demar is a former allstar, technically.

And as been debated by everyone, who all are in agreement, that Demar is not worth the max salary. period.

BUT, rooting for him to get the max salary, as opposed to rooting for him to take a nice fat pay cut, is rooting for the player ahead of the team. Doesnt make you less of a fan, but certainly shows priority over the player than the team.

Comment

• I think, that the money issue shouldn't be such a hot topic... so much goes into that at the time of actually signing. If we're simply looking at the player, what he brings on and off the court, then I think to compare that player to other players at his position, you have to then truly break down all the other players too. Be just as critical.

every single 2 guard in the NBA has efficiencies and deficiencies. we don't really rip these guys apart from head to to like we do our own, but you have to know that its fact. Now maybe Your guy has more issues here or there, maybe, but likely he has a few things going for him too. so what are you looking at when you have to sit and put ink to paper. all of these pro's and con's.... comparisons.....but then, your realistic options at the time. Maybe James Harden is better...is he available? maybe a lot of guys...maybe a rookie you already have....are they ready? If you get a yes anywhere here you pull the trigger and turn your guy into assets....improve. but if its no, you have to sign him, then he has leverage, then you pay 20 million when you wanna pay 15.

the emotion i see here is nice, fans rock. But the reality is pretty different, its pretty clear cut. Its a waiting game, a numbers game and at the end of the day, it sucks.

You got Derozan at a bargain, same with amir.... but it doesnt always go like that. sometimes you gotta pay up.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        I am 99.9% confident that if DD was resigned to the max, several posters would be thrilled that he (and they) #ProvedEm.
                        Really? Because I don't think I've seen anyone actually advocating for him to receive Max, or arguing that he deserves Max.. I could have missed something though.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Really? Because I don't think I've seen anyone actually advocating for him to receive Max, or arguing that he deserves Max.. I could have missed something though.
                          Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Being supportive of a player that's been a focal point to back to back franchise breaking seasons. How does that make anyone less of a raptor fan? The cap is increasing. The Max is now what an all-star wing is worth. I don't see how being realistic about DD's pending free agency makes you less of a fan.
                          Not sure if Chr1s1anL is saying that the current Max is what he's worth or if future Max is what he's worth but there you go Joey.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            I think ChristianL has said he deserves it that's about it.

Comment

• I like everything Superjudge says...even when he is wrong its still fresh air
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                I think, that the money issue shouldn't be such a hot topic... so much goes into that at the time of actually signing. If we're simply looking at the player, what he brings on and off the court, then I think to compare that player to other players at his position, you have to then truly break down all the other players too. Be just as critical.

every single 2 guard in the NBA has efficiencies and deficiencies. we don't really rip these guys apart from head to to like we do our own, but you have to know that its fact. Now maybe Your guy has more issues here or there, maybe, but likely he has a few things going for him too. so what are you looking at when you have to sit and put ink to paper. all of these pro's and con's.... comparisons.....but then, your realistic options at the time. Maybe James Harden is better...is he available? maybe a lot of guys...maybe a rookie you already have....are they ready? If you get a yes anywhere here you pull the trigger and turn your guy into assets....improve. but if its no, you have to sign him, then he has leverage, then you pay 20 million when you wanna pay 15.

the emotion i see here is nice, fans rock. But the reality is pretty different, its pretty clear cut. Its a waiting game, a numbers game and at the end of the day, it sucks.

You got Derozan at a bargain, same with amir.... but it doesnt always go like that. sometimes you gotta pay up.

I think even his biggest fans agree DD plays a role he is not best suited to on offense.

I don't believe in paying up unless he is coming off a rookie deal and the market dictates it.

Good post though.

Comment

Working...
                                X