• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Nobody who follows the Bible would have his shot selection

That is just wicked.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      If PP is the new TR what role do you think DC has in this regard?
      Nothing. This is how Patterson used to play in Houston's and in Sacramento.

It's also one of the reasons he got traded, twice...
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Why do you think that is?
        Could be the highest FGA on the team mixed with the high usage.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          Could be the highest FGA on the team mixed with the high usage.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Cuz he's Casey's guy come hell or high water

Comment

Could be that Casey isn't a good coach...
              DeRozan's game requires him to have the ball in his hands a lot to be effective...
              He's one of Casey's guys...
              His role card says scorer...

I could keep going but those are probably the best 4 in terms of interpreting what goes on on the court and what's heard in interviews.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Does anyone genuinely think that DeMar, rather than regressing, hasn't added to his game - physically, mentally, whatever - in the offseason preceding the most important contract-year of his career?

That's not to say much more than to reply to the perception of his lacklustre preseason to date. I can't help but think this is a curious little cat-and-mouse thing DD has going on, either with his upcoming competition (not wanting to showcase for fear of being prematurely scouted) and/or the media (you might have noticed that he hasn't exactly been interviewing a whole lot during this training camp).

Therefor, I think it's a valid question to ask. Would it make any sense for DeMar to have put in less work than he has in previous years?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Does anyone genuinely think that DeMar, rather than regressing, hasn't added to his game - physically, mentally, whatever - in the offseason preceding the most important contract-year of his career?

That's not to say much more than to reply to the perception of his lacklustre preseason to date. I can't help but think this is a curious little cat-and-mouse thing DD has going on, either with his upcoming competition (not wanting to showcase for fear of being prematurely scouted) and/or the media (you might have noticed that he hasn't exactly been interviewing a whole lot during this training camp).

Therefor, I think it's a valid question to ask. Would it make any sense for DeMar to have put in less work than he has in previous years?
                  less work, i doubt it. but he has never really worked properly on the things he needed to.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Of course not. But sport performance is mental as well as physical, so regardless of how much work he put in, if his head isn't right, it won't matter.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      less work, i doubt it. but he has never really worked properly on the things he needed to.
                      What do you mean by properly? Honest question
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        Because he didn't need to work on his handles? They were fine as they were?

Comment

• It's always been acknowledged that DeMar puts in work, the question by year 7 is how much all that work impacts his team positively. Honestly at this point I think he's a lot more Monta Ellis than James Harden.

Harden was a raw player with gaps in his game who has grown and developed into a clear cut franchise guy. Monta gives you a fairly easily replaceable 15-20 ppg. Attacks the basket, puts pressure on the defense, etc. etc., but teams don't really miss him when he's gone. Give Masai the roster spot and cap space DD is holding down, and I really don't think we'll miss him.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            It's always been acknowledged that DeMar puts in work, the question by year 7 is how much all that work impacts his team positively. Honestly at this point I think he's a lot more Monta Ellis than James Harden.

Harden was a raw player with gaps in his game who has grown and developed into a clear cut franchise guy. Monta gives you a fairly easily replaceable 15-20 ppg. Attacks the basket, puts pressure on the defense, etc. etc., but teams don't really miss him when he's gone. Give Masai the roster spot and cap space DD is holding down, and I really don't think we'll miss him.
                            The difference between Monta and Demar is about 4 inches and 4 years.

Demar is a better defender overall and is obviously more valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              It's always been acknowledged that DeMar puts in work, the question by year 7 is how much all that work impacts his team positively. Honestly at this point I think he's a lot more Monta Ellis than James Harden.

That's fair, especially if DeMar can't take it to another level with a better team around him this year. My point was more regarding his half-hearted performance so far this preseason.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                The difference between Monta and Demar is about 4 inches and 4 years.

Demar is a better defender overall and is obviously more valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                And yeah, there's that. With DeMar only just entering his prime years, he projects as an above average defender, especially with his size at the 2-spot. If he can take his floor game to another level, he can be in that tier above Monta, who was/is a very good player in his own right.

26-30 is probably a pretty good estimation of the range for a player's 2-way prime. Guys may put up gaudier stats through their mid-20s, but the guys that make it that far are that much closer to being consummate professionals and that's why veteran teams tend to win more.
                                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun Oct 18, 2015, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X