No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's what I'm getting at. It's getting to be a league where Centres can't keep up with the pace and are becoming the disadvantage. Absolutely nobody runs an offence the way they use to in the days of Shaq, Dwight, Ewing, Hakeem, etc, etc. It's not because the league is void of talented centre, it's because traditional centre are being exploited for their weaknesses. Mainly not being able to keep up with the pace of a quicker game.

This was in reply to:

The most effective brand of basketball is to play to your strengths and exploit opponent weaknesses. JV is a strength and will lead to matchup problems. If you do what everyone else is doing, where do you find an advantage ?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      That's what I'm getting at. It's getting to be a league where Centres can't keep up with the pace and are becoming the disadvantage. Absolutely nobody runs an offence the way they use to in the days of Shaq, Dwight, Ewing, Hakeem, etc, etc. It's not because the league is void of talented centre, it's because traditional centre are being exploited for their weaknesses. Mainly not being able to keep up with the pace of a quicker game.
      Memphis?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        pretty much means that it's KD as Plan A, and DeMar + Goodies as Plan B. Maybe with Horford as an alternate to Plan A.
        Pretty much, except that Plan B could have alternative options + goodies if Masai chooses.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Anyways, we've been through all this (wink). We know that it's hard, but not impossible, to keep DeMar (or take back non-expiring salary in a trade) and make a play for Durant in free agency.

Let's get back to talking about how good (or bad) we expect him to play this year! No one else wants to take the under on his 3-point shooting percentage?

Comment

Everything comes down to how confident you are of signing KD, that's why I mentioned the Drake nod. If you are pretty confident, then it makes sense to hold steady. However, bear in mind that holding steady pretty much means that it's KD as Plan A, and DeMar + Goodies as Plan B. Maybe with Horford as an alternate to Plan A.
            there are more options than just that.

We do not need to spend money in the offseason of 2016 at all.

Plan A: Durant
            Plan B: Horford
            Plan C: (if Ross improves and Powell maintains 80% of Summer league play) Pau Gasol 2 year deal
            Plan D: (If Ross Doesnt Work out) Batum
            Plan E: If Ross works out) nothing and save for 2017 when free agents include: Ibaka, Westbrook, Steph, Griffin....we could have room for potentially 2 max contracts in 2017
            Plan ZZ: Resign Demar to <15 million per year.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Pretty much, except that Plan B could have alternative options + goodies if Masai chooses.
              Not really. Signing someone like Batum would cost you most of your cap space, meaning you've renounced pretty much all of your free agents/rights (Ross, JJ, Scola, BB (not that his early bird rights or whatever would be sufficient to sign him), Nando) and are left with the room MLE and veteran mins.

Comment

I think my point stands. DD + PP + all the renouncable is a a lot to give up (not for Durant it's not, but in general).
                No really no.

Demar, Pat and Ross.

Scola, Biyombo and JJ are not givens to return even if we wanted them as they have control of their own direction.

Demar and Ppat and Ross for KD?
                That is NOT alot to give up at all.

Its KD!

Comment

Not really. Signing someone like Batum would cost you most of your cap space, meaning you've renounced pretty much all of your free agents/rights, and are left with the room MLE and veteran mins.
                  we could essentially remove demar and replace with Batum and keep most everything else the same with the exception of Ppat.

Comment

That's what I'm getting at. It's getting to be a league where Centres can't keep up with the pace and are becoming the disadvantage. Absolutely nobody runs an offence the way they use to in the days of Shaq, Dwight, Ewing, Hakeem, etc, etc. It's not because the league is void of talented centre, it's because traditional centre are being exploited for their weaknesses. Mainly not being able to keep up with the pace of a quicker game.

This was in reply to:

The most effective brand of basketball is to play to your strengths and exploit opponent weaknesses. JV is a strength and will lead to matchup problems. If you do what everyone else is doing, where do you find an advantage ?
                    Naaa...it's because there's no generational talent left at C position. The closest I can think of is Cousins, and Kings do run their offense through him.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

This was in reply to:

That's why I say defensive center are more valuable right now. Unless your Center is in the Karl Anthony Town mold.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• That trade machine article on the front page is ludicrous.

Trade Demar and JJ for Tony Allen and Courtney Lee? You shitting me?
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                          That trade machine article on the front page is ludicrous.

Trade Demar and JJ for Tony Allen and Courtney Lee? You shitting me?
                          I agree.

It should be Demar and Ppat for Green, Vince and picks.

That we get the expiring contract and we bring Vince home to help get us KD.

Lowry/Cojo?Wright
                          Carroll/Powell
                          Durant/Vince/Bruno
                          FA/Draft/Bennet
                          JV/Bebe

Comment

Memphis?
                            Over 50% FG + FT + Rebounds > Perimeter shooting in a series. Outside shooting slumps, back downs dont. GSW had a unique roster

Comment

• DeMar is going to shoot an efficient 50% from 2, 37% from 3 while averaging 18 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists per game this season while playing average to above average defense.

At the end of the year we will sign him to a five year 95 million dollar contract.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                DeMar is going to shoot an efficient 50% from 2, 37% from 3 while averaging 18 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists per game this season while playing average to above average defense.

At the end of the year we will sign him to a five year 95 million dollar contract.
                                In one post you managed to make half the population giddy, and give the other half heart burn ... Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X