Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    No they don't. Stubborn, ignorant, poor bball IQ are all fair game, but a cancer is ridiculous.
    He's just as much of a cancer as Ricky Davis is though. He cares only about himself when he is on the court.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
      He's just as much of a cancer as Ricky Davis is though. He cares only about himself when he is on the court.
      Selfish isn't the same thing as cancer. A cancer spreads and hurts the whole locker room, creating divides. This team has chemistry if nothing else.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Selfish isn't the same thing as cancer. A cancer spreads and hurts the whole locker room, creating divides. This team has chemistry if nothing else.
        It looks like he's killing the chemistry now though. Not all cancers hurt the locker room, Ricky Davis never did and he's a guy who almost everyone considers a cancer.

Comment

• I looked into those "missed DeRozan assists", and the results are particularly amusing.

Lowry went 0/2 on DeMar passes, Scola went 0/2 on DeMar passes.

So the guy who was sitting beside him when he made the comment, and the guy that basically no fan wants to be in the rotation.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Yeah, I haven't really commented or anything since last night...I've been thinking about DeMar and his comments.....

So yeah, I want this guy gone. Not sure that'll happen, but his comments exemplify that this guy's never been as smart a teammate as you'd want from one of your top players. Looking to save face and throwing teammates under the bus? That's some serious douchiness. He'll probably never "get it" if he's saying that shit in his 3rd playoff appearance as a 7 year veteran. He clearly thinks he's a fucking superstar when he's just a volume scorer to be lucky to play in the situation and era he's in (ie gets to chuck and lots of limited/crappy SGs in the league at the moment).

It's gotten to the point where I think maybe it was a good idea to retain Casey. These guys are comfortable with him, especially DeMar, and if you changed coaches it provides another excuse for them. Now, Casey's not the best strategist and that's clearly affecting our playoff performance to at least some degree, but it's also pretty clear DeMar is just shitting the bed in a way that's pretty much completely on him.

Going into the summer I'm much more worried now about team composition than coaching. We need to overhaul things a bit here. I'm really hoping they can find some way to sign and trade DeMar now, and REALLY hoping that somehow ends up being for Jamal Murray.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              It's gotten to the point where I think maybe it was a good idea to retain Casey. These guys are comfortable with him, especially DeMar, and if you changed coaches it provides another excuse for them. Now, Casey's not the best strategist and that's clearly affecting our playoff performance to at least some degree, but it's also pretty clear DeMar is just shitting the bed in a way that's pretty much completely on him.
              DeMar is doing what he's always done, something that Casey has never held him accountable for. I have no doubt in my mind that Masai would prefer to retain Casey; he's never fired a coach before, and he loves to parrot out the company line of continuity and internal development whenever Casey's job security is mentioned. As for DeMar, he's going to keep launching and mailing it in on defense. He knows Casey won't reprimand him for it, and that the organization will pay him because they're afraid of losing him for nothing on the open market. Its a toxic confluence of factors.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                So yeah, I want this guy gone. Not sure that'll happen, but his comments exemplify that this guy's never been as smart a teammate as you'd want from one of your top players. Looking to save face and throwing teammates under the bus? That's some serious douchiness. He'll probably never "get it" if he's saying that shit in his 3rd playoff appearance as a 7 year veteran. He clearly thinks he's a fucking superstar when he's just a volume scorer to be lucky to play in the situation and era he's in (ie gets to chuck and lots of limited/crappy SGs in the league at the moment).
                So I guess we can agree that he is Ricky Davis 2.0

Comment

• twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                    DeMar is doing what he's always done, something that Casey has never held him accountable for. I have no doubt in my mind that Masai would prefer to retain Casey; he's never fired a coach before, and he loves to parrot out the company line of continuity and internal development whenever Casey's job security is mentioned. As for DeMar, he's going to keep launching and mailing it in on defense. He knows Casey won't reprimand him for it, and that the organization will pay him because they're afraid of losing him for nothing on the open market. Its a toxic confluence of factors.
                    Completely agree. I've said this over and over again, Masai is loyal to a fault. He's never traded a guy unless forced to, and even then it's usually guys that weren't his picks originally, and half the guys he's acquired were guys he had at a different time, usually through draft or by being on the team when he took over.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Completely agree. I've said this over and over again, Masai is loyal to a fault. He's never traded a guy unless forced to, and even then it's usually guys that weren't his picks originally, and half the guys he's acquired were guys he had at a different time, usually through draft or by being on the team when he took over.
                      Which is why it would be beneficial for MU to be put in a situation where his hands are forced to move in a different direction

Comment

Don't think I agree with the point about Masai being too loyal. He traded Vasquez, a player he's had a close connection to for a very long time.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I'm just... gonna leave this here.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

My fear is that if the Raptors continue doing what they're doing and they lose the series, Masai will hide behind the win total as a justification to maintain the status quo. I don't think you can bring DeRozan and have anyone truly believe he can be part of a team that goes deep into the playoffs. His limitations have been laid bare three straight post-seasons now. The book is out on him. But MLSE has shown in the past that they are perfectly fine with trotting out mediocrity if its profitable. So there's that.
                            Last edited by Sinbad; Sun Apr 24, 2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• ^we run a lot of action to get him open so I don't know how Casey going to 'figure out a way to get him better shots'

Problem is he catches the ball, stops, lets the defense set, then attacks

This was a problem highlighted by Coach Nick during the season on one of his vids

Comment

• If we lose this series I'm sure big changes will come in the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X