Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Time stamp? I hate the Le Batard show, I'd like to know when the DeRozan part starts.

Edit: I checked myself it starts around the 1hr 6min mark

Comment

• Didn't he also say in the same interview that he's weighing his options?

Why does one quote mean more than the other?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Didn't really sound like he was confirming anything to me tbh.

Comment

• I don't even think he's taking his free agency seriously. He probably knows what he's going to do already and constantly talking abt Toronto and being loyal points to him wanting to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

You need to ask the guy who writes the cheques. And that isn't Kyle.

Sure, Masai would love to DD to sign, but I don't think it'll be on a blank cheque.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
              I don't even think he's taking his free agency seriously. He probably knows what he's going to do already and constantly talking abt Toronto and being loyal points to him wanting to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Either that, or he's legitimately looking forward to being courted, and hasn't made up his mind yet because of that.

Teams put a lot of time and energy into these free agency pitches. On some level, it's probably fun for the players to go around and have teams try to sell them on going there.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Either that, or he's legitimately looking forward to being courted, and hasn't made up his mind yet because of that.

Teams put a lot of time and energy into these free agency pitches. On some level, it's probably fun for the players to go around and have teams try to sell them on going there.
                Or he's insecure abt not many teams wanting him enough that Raptors start low balling the offer. If you are a so-so player Would you rather start with Toronto in negotiations and reach a deal close to max when you know they want you back too or would you go to the market to put your value down when you find out only Philly wants you and not many teams are that high on you. Off chance but still a risk. Not like Demar is a must have piece out in the market to get scooped.

Comment

• DeRozan will be back with the Raptors for a fair bit less than the max imo.

I just don't see him getting a max offer from any comparable team (i.e. playoff team capable of winning a round or two). Maybe Dallas. He said it's all about winning. Do you take a 4yr/$107 from the Knicks or 5yr/$110 (I could actually see this happening) from Toronto?

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                    DeRozan will be back with the Raptors for a fair bit less than the max imo.

I just don't see him getting a max offer from any comparable team (i.e. playoff team capable of winning a round or two). Maybe Dallas. He said it's all about winning. Do you take a 4yr/$107 from the Knicks or 5yr/$110 (I could actually see this happening) from Toronto?
                    I seriously doubt 5/110 is happening. 5/130 is a nice discount from 5/144, and is still a nice value-raising deal (as a flat 26x5) as the cap continues to go up above 90M for the next 4 seasons.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I seriously doubt 5/110 is happening. 5/130 is a nice discount from 5/144, and is still a nice value-raising deal (as a flat 26x5) as the cap continues to go up above 90M for the next 4 seasons.
                      Yeah but at the end of the day everyone's just speculating. I could see it happening man.

I mean how do you know he'd even want a flat deal for example? It's just speculation haha

Comment

Yeah but at the end of the day everyone's just speculating. I could see it happening man.

I mean how do you know he'd even want a flat deal for example? It's just speculation haha
                        I don't know that he would, I just think it's the best we can hope for. There's very chance he will insist on a true max.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't think DD will be back for 5 years.. I think Masai will get him for 4, but the 4th will be a PO. Just a gut feeling on it. Plus the amount will blow most of us away (in a good way).. probably settle on $90M for 4 years. Way off his max but still high enough to make him happy and rich.

DD is loyal. And Masai is just too good in negotiations. I kind of feel bad for DD and his agent. Actually I don't.. $90M guaranteed is a lot of cash. If DD was about money he'd have a lot of sponsorship deals lined up. He's got like one sponsor right? Klipsch Audio.. and not much else I don't think. Although he does bring in about $2K per tweet based on this source.

Personally I'd be surprised if DD took more than $100M.. and even more so if he got 5 years.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I don't think DD will be back for 5 years.. I think Masai will get him for 4, but the 4th will be a PO. Just a gut feeling on it. Plus the amount will blow most of us away (in a good way).. probably settle on $90M for 4 years. Way off his max but still high enough to make him happy and rich.

DD is loyal. And Masai is just too good in negotiations. I kind of feel bad for DD and his agent. Actually I don't.. $90M guaranteed is a lot of cash. If DD was about money he'd have a lot of sponsorship deals lined up. He's got like one sponsor right? Klipsch Audio.. and not much else I don't think. Although he does bring in about $2K per tweet based on this source.

Personally I'd be surprised if DD took more than $100M.. and even more so if he got 5 years.
                            I disagree. I think if he's back it's 5 years or maybe 5 years with the last year being a player option. With the way DD was talking about loyalty, security and how being on the same team for your whole career is a great thing, I imagine him wanting the longest term possible.

Comment

I disagree. I think if he's back it's 5 years or maybe 5 years with the last year being a player option. With the way DD was talking about loyalty, security and how being on the same team for your whole career is a great thing, I imagine him wanting the longest term possible.
                              Yeah the 5th year is probably the one thing automatic about the offer.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I don't think DD will be back for 5 years.. I think Masai will get him for 4, but the 4th will be a PO. Just a gut feeling on it. Plus the amount will blow most of us away (in a good way).. probably settle on $90M for 4 years. Way off his max but still high enough to make him happy and rich.

This is wishful thinking. He's not settling for $90M over 4 after being on a below market-value contract for the last 3 years. His agent will impress upon him that he's not going to recoup money through endorsements if he takes less to stay in Toronto.

Foregone conclusion that he's getting north of $100M.

Comment

Working...
                                X