Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mchappy wrote: View Post

    lol. If only jv were black then maybe casey would view him as a son he always wanted - lol
    smh
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

    Comment


    • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I disagree.

      There are enough incidents, comments, and shifting of accountability accumulating to tell me that he has either changed as a professional head coach or he did a good job hiding his true colours.

      He doesn't hold players to same standards and he doesn't consider himself to ever be part of the problem.

      Those are not characteristics of good character in my opinion.
      Well, on one hand, you're entitled to your opinion.

      On the other hand, you're definitively - and so negatively - assessing the character of someone you don't actually know. I haven't heard anyone that actually knows the man suggest what you're saying.

      Rather the opposite.

      And we're not such a winning - or storied - organization that we are a natural first-choice destination. And yet people seem to be voting with their feet - even players that have had all sorts of attractive options - like Bennett ... and even players who are supposed to have had issues with Casey and had options - like Lowry and James Johnson.

      And so I think Casey has to be viewed as a key and central figure in what most seem to think is a sea-change of positivity in Toronto basketball culture.

      So it seems to me there's substantial evidence to the contrary of the position you're taking.

      And when one is publicly speaking (especially negatively) of a man's character ... doesn't one want to either be cautious and conspicuously fair ... or certain?
      Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Sep 30, 2015, 09:31 PM.

      Comment


      • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        In fact, I remember myself using the expression "it's not rocket science" tons of times last year when trying to justify such adjustments many of us wanted the coach to make. We'd bring up an adjustment, Casey-backers would be like "what you think you know more than the NBA coach with a ring?", and I or someone else would be like "it's not rocket science, these are obvious problems that clearly need adjustments".

        **You know, like this kind of statement


        Well apparently Chr1s1ianL, Casey is seeing obvious ways to try and address obvious problems that some of us were complaining about from the first weeks of last season. After all, it's not rocket science.
        Casey the dimwit realizes there was a rebounding issue a year late and acknowledging a problem isn't the same as fixing it. DC should help with rebounding but the retard has already stated that he wants to play small with him at the 4.

        Comment


        • Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
          Well, on one hand, you're entitled to your opinion.

          On the other hand, you're definitively - and so negatively - assessing the character of someone you don't actually know. I haven't heard anyone that actually knows the man suggest what you're saying.

          Rather the opposite.

          And we're not such a winning - or storied - organization that we are a natural first-choice organization. And yet people seem to be voting with their feet - even players that have had all sorts of attractive options - like Bennett ... and even players who are supposed to have had issues with Casey - like Lowry and James Johnson.

          And so I think Casey has to be viewed as a key and central figure in what most seem to think is a sea-change of positivity in Toronto basketball culture.

          So it seems to me there's substantial evidence to the contrary of the position you're taking.

          And when one is publicly speaking (especially negatively) of a man's character ... doesn't one want to either be cautious and conspicuously fair ... or certain?
          I can only judge him on what he says and more importantly what he does.

          You're entitled to your own opinion as I am mine.

          Comment


          • At this point, I think that Dwane has legitimate issues speaking publicly, and it makes it hard for him to communicate effectively. Nothing else really makes sense.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

            Comment


            • It's one thing to say he's a bad coach and quite another to say hes a man of bad character.

              And no one is requiring you to judge him, in this way,at all. That's a choice you're making. ... and possibly on insufficient evidence, is the point.

              Comment


              • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                At this point, I think that Dwane has legitimate issues speaking publicly, and it makes it hard for him to communicate effectively. Nothing else really makes sense.
                I wonder about this too sometimes. And that's not a particularly good sign for a coach in any sport. Communication is pretty much the most important skill for the job, right?

                Comment


                • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I wonder about this too sometimes. And that's not a particularly good sign for a coach in any sport. Communication is pretty much the most important skill for the job, right?
                  I was thinking it might just be a media/cameras thing - a lot of people have trouble with that.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

                  Comment


                  • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    I was thinking it might just be a media/cameras thing - a lot of people have trouble with that.
                    But it happens so often, and it's not like he's a poor speaker. He says things with good tone and poise. He doesn't stutter or seem like he's struggling to say what he wants. He just says the wrong thing. Hard to judge.

                    Comment


                    • Everything Valanciunas

                      JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      I was thinking it might just be a media/cameras thing - a lot of people have trouble with that.
                      Too many media members in that Game 7 final shot huddle?

                      He sounds quite eloquent when he speaks and certainly doesn't give any suspicion that he is under anxiety from speaking publicly. Many people would give some clues (verbal or physical), but it is possible that he hides it very well.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                      Comment


                      • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        But it happens so often, and it's not like he's a poor speaker. He says things with good tone and poise. He doesn't stutter or seem like he's struggling to say what he wants. He just says the wrong thing. Hard to judge.
                        Haha great minds.

                        It's funny, cause I would say that Casey is a better public speaker than Masai, yet feel that Masai knows more than he says and with Casey it might be the opposite.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                        Comment


                        • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          But it happens so often, and it's not like he's a poor speaker. He says things with good tone and poise. He doesn't stutter or seem like he's struggling to say what he wants. He just says the wrong thing. Hard to judge.
                          I guess that depends how you define poor speaker. He certainly isn't a deep thinker when speaking with the media - he never ponders anything, and he uses an endless stream of cliches. You could make the case that that's the mark of someone who isn't at ease.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

                          Comment


                          • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            But it happens so often, and it's not like he's a poor speaker. He says things with good tone and poise. He doesn't stutter or seem like he's struggling to say what he wants. He just says the wrong thing. Hard to judge.
                            he kinda stumbled on that "square peg into square hole and round peg into round hole" line lmao
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                            Comment


                            • Axel wrote: View Post
                              Too many media members in that Game 7 final shot huddle?

                              He sounds quite eloquent when he speaks and certainly doesn't give any suspicion that he is under anxiety from speaking publicly. Many people would give some clues (verbal or physical), but it is possible that he hides it very well.
                              Again, I'm just trying to find SOME way for this all to make sense...especially that comment about the DREB%
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

                              Comment


                              • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                I guess that depends how you define poor speaker. He certainly isn't a deep thinker when speaking with the media - he never ponders anything, and he uses an endless stream of cliches. You could make the case that that's the mark of someone who isn't at ease.
                                That's true, he does use a lot of cliches and one liners which would help cover up.

                                PoundTheRock
                                ShotsWeNormallyMake
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X