Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Nice stat. Would the fact that he's missed half their games have something to do with this?
    Maybe a little, but not a significant amount. In terms of Passes received per game, our top guys are:
    Lowry, 76.9
    DeMar, 55.5
    Joseph, 51.0
    Carroll, 30.5
    Scola, 29.6
    Patterson, 25.3
    Jonas, 20.8
    Ross, 17.0
    Biyombo, 12.6

We definitely don't put certain guys in a position to succeed.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• "The Bulls repeatedly put Valanciunas in pick-and-roll coverage, using his conservative play against him. Pau Gasol launched uncontested jumpers at will because Valanciunas was so concerned about Aaron Brooks blowing right by him for a layup."

Our starting backcourt would allow Kendall Marshall to blow by them.

What is JV to do, leave the rim for Brooks to have uncontested layups? We know our guard is likely already trailing their guard by 1 or 2 steps. Didn't Brooks have like 30+ points this game too.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
        "The Bulls repeatedly put Valanciunas in pick-and-roll coverage, using his conservative play against him. Pau Gasol launched uncontested jumpers at will because Valanciunas was so concerned about Aaron Brooks blowing right by him for a layup."

What is JV to do, leave the rim for Brooks to have uncontested layups? We know our guard is likely already trailing their guard by 1 or 2 steps. Didn't Brooks have like 30+ points this game too.
        yeah, so "conservative" to give up the jumper rather than the layup right?

Nobody can defend a 2 on 1. our guards were the problem.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          yeah, so "conservative" to give up the jumper rather than the layup right?

Nobody can defend a 2 on 1. our guards were the problem.
          Surely you don't expect the guards to defend. I mean, it's a guards league and all that, but guards don't defend; unless it's a mall or a bank or something. /p

Team defence definitely needs some adjustments.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

"The Bulls repeatedly put Valanciunas in pick-and-roll coverage, using his conservative play against him. Pau Gasol launched uncontested jumpers at will because Valanciunas was so concerned about Aaron Brooks blowing right by him for a layup."

Here's a fun stat for everyone.

On defense, in terms of distance travelled/time on court, our slowest players aren't JV, Biz, BeBe. It's DeMar and Lowry. It's not close either.

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...PEED_DEF&dir=1

JV's average speed on defense is 3.80 mph. DeMar's is 3.65, Lowry's is 3.63.

On offense, JV's average speed is 3.96. DeMar's is 4.46, Lowry's is 4.31.

Our starting back court dogs it on defense.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              Here's a fun stat for everyone.

On defense, in terms of distance travelled/time on court, our slowest players aren't JV, Biz, BeBe. It's DeMar and Lowry. It's not close either.

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...PEED_DEF&dir=1

JV's average speed on defense is 3.80 mph. DeMar's is 3.65, Lowry's is 3.63.

On offense, JV's average speed is 3.96. DeMar's is 4.46, Lowry's is 4.31.

Our starting back court dogs it on defense.
              interesting numbers.

but i need convincing that this stat is actually indicative of defensive effort / performance.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Surely you don't expect the guards to defend. I mean, it's a guards league and all that, but guards don't defend; unless it's a mall or a bank or something. /p

Team defence definitely needs some adjustments.
                Kyle Lowry: Mall Cop.

Coming this summer...

Comment

Kyle Lowry: Mall Cop.

Coming this summer...
                  More likely Dwane Casey

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The problem is it's also something all Cs struggle with. As if Biyombo has been able to check guys who slip out and drop jumpers rather than roll. There aren't a lot of Gasols in the league who can consistently nail long midrange jumpers, and it's one of the main reasons someone like him creates big problems for opponents. If it was easy to stop, they wouldn't be so fucking effective.

People just need to stop reading Eric Koreen. He sounds like someone who has never actually set foot on a basketball court and played in an organized setting.

Comment

• I think using JVs half court touches per game is very misleading based on the criteria if the stat.

I would like to know how many touches he gets within the three point arc and arent off of offensive rebounds. I bet he is in the single digits for actual touches per game. Will maybe keep track for a couple of games and confirm

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        The problem is it's also something all Cs struggle with. As if Biyombo has been able to check guys who slip out and drop jumpers rather than roll. There aren't a lot of Gasols in the league who can consistently nail long midrange jumpers, and it's one of the main reasons someone like him creates big problems for opponents. If it was easy to stop, they wouldn't be so fucking effective.

People just need to stop reading Eric Koreen. He sounds like someone who has never actually set foot on a basketball court and played in an organized setting.
                        Bold 1 Exactly

Bold 2 Exactly

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

I like his tweets but his writing is pretty weak. Also, his tweets are better because it looks like Nene is saying them.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            I think using JVs half court touches per game is very misleading based on the criteria if the stat.

I would like to know how many touches he gets within the three point arc and arent off of offensive rebounds. I bet he is in the single digits for actual touches per game. Will maybe keep track for a couple of games and confirm
                            It's 5.2 post touches per game, 3.6 paint touches per game(off passes).

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              I think using JVs half court touches per game is very misleading based on the criteria if the stat.

I'm willing to bet JV's most common frontcourt touch is above the 3pt line. We're still starting all our offensive sets with that useless pass to the trailing center that interrupts his run to the low post.

Comment

I'm willing to bet JV's most common frontcourt touch is above the 3pt line. We're still starting all our offensive sets with that useless pass to the trailing center that interrupts his run to the low post.
                                You mean our 3 man weave to start the set isn't effective?

Comment

Working...
                                X