No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginobili and Nocioni literally flop on every single possessions. And I'm not exaggerating it.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      JV looks a bit more agile which is good. It's interesting that LTU's Coach uses JV just like coach Casey.
      poorly, you mean?

Comment

• Lithuanian guards giving up straight line drives - where I have seen this before?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
          Lithuanian guards giving up straight line drives - where I have seen this before?
          2014-15 I seem to rember

Comment

• This British commentator clearly has no clue how the game of basketball is players. Couldn't they at least get someone who knows a little about the sport?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              This British commentator clearly has no clue how the game of basketball is players. Couldn't they at least get someone who knows a little about the sport?
              Played

Comment

• This is a really frustrating game to watch lol.

Has Jonas fouled out?

Comment

• no, we played really small ball. so far so good, win against Croatia, gives us first place and no USA till finals

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    This British commentator clearly has no clue how the game of basketball is players. Couldn't they at least get someone who knows a little about the sport?
                    Horrible.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• What the fuck happened to JV? He can't handle double teams. That Olympic village life is fun, I guess.

Athletes increasingly are using apps like Tinder as they look to have fun and escape the pressures of competition inside the Olympic Village.
                      Profiles from athletes of nearly every sport can be found on Tinder with updates like “Got plenty of time to kill,” or, “Looking for fun in Rio!”
                      http://www.news.com.au/sport/olympic...24e6f1bb16c01b

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        What the fuck happened to JV? He can't handle double teams. That Olympic village life is fun, I guess.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/olympic...24e6f1bb16c01b
                        That's a surprising sentiment. I haven't seen any particular struggles from JV when double teamed, especially considering how rarely he's been posted up. In the first Q I recall one, but he delivered a great pass to a cutting Sabonis who screwed up the layup.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          They've been pronouncing other valen-see-unis all tournament-who knows, maybe that's closer to the Lithuanian pronunciation and valen-chew-nas is just what North American announcers use because it's easier?
                          Vuh-lun-chew-nuss (stress on chew)

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            That's a surprising sentiment. I haven't seen any particular struggles from JV when double teamed, especially considering how rarely he's been posted up. In the first Q I recall one, but he delivered a great pass to a cutting Sabonis who screwed up the layup.
                            Watch every game. He looks lost. He doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball in the post or near three point line. He's struggling on both ends of the floor. + Why the hell he got into verbal fight with Lithuania's coach when he tried to take him out? Some is wrong with our guy. In my opinion, Lithuania looked much better with JV on the bench. Although that lineup with Knicks rook at 4, Jonas at 5 and other Jonas at 3 is killer defensively.

Olympics stats so far:

7.3 PTS, 6 REB, 1 AST, 3 TO, 1.3 BLK, +/- 1
                            Last edited by rocwell; Fri Aug 12, 2016, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Watch every game. He looks lost. He doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball in the post or near three point line. He's struggling on both ends of the floor. + Why the hell he got into verbal fight with Lithuania's coach when he tried to take him out? Some is wrong with our guy. In my opinion, Lithuania looked much better with JV on the bench. Although that lineup with Knicks rook at 4, Jonas at 5 and other Jonas at 3 is killer defensively.

Olympics stats so far:

7.3 PTS, 6 REB, 1 AST, 3 TO, 1.3 BLK, +/- 1
                              he has taken 15 shots in 3 games.

If you watched the games you should be able to see that lithuania is basically using him to screen and rarely passing to him at all. They're making the raptors look like a post-centric team.

And, once again, Luis Scola continues to be a dominant force in FIBA. Chill the fuck out.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                he has taken 15 shots in 3 games.

If you watched the games you should be able to see that lithuania is basically using him to screen and rarely passing to him at all. They're making the raptors look like a post-centric team.

And, once again, Luis Scola continues to be a dominant force in FIBA. Chill the fuck out.
                                I watched every Lithuania w/ JV game since July. It's very obvious to me that Lithuania's coach has a policy - NO FUCKBOYS ALLOWED.

Comment

Working...
                                X