No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No "wictories" for Val, he's been horrible.

Comment

• Wow, Another ugly game by Val !!!!

Comment

• Will Porzingis dominate BigVal this season ??

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          Will Porzingis dominate BigVal this season ??
          no

Comment

• It looks like it will be a do or die game, either team Jonas wins vs. Croatians and gets the 1st seed, or they lose, get 4th seed and a date with USA.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              It looks like it will be a do or die game, either team Jonas wins vs. Croatians and gets the 1st seed, or they lose, get 4th seed and a date with USA.
              It's not possible for Lithuania to finish lower than the 3rd seed.

If they win tonight, they win the group
              If they lose tonight, they finish 3rd.

Win, win situation. There won't be a USA-Lithuania matchup this year, unless both teams reach finals.
              Last edited by rocwell; Mon Aug 15, 2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                It's not possible for Lithuania to finish lower than the 3rd seed.

If they win tonight, they win the group
                If they lose tonight, they finish 3rd.

Win, win situation. There won't be a USA-Lithuania matchup this year, unless both teams reach finals.
                Maybe i misunderstand some rule then. I think if Lithuania lose, there will be 4 teams tied on points (Spain, Argentina, Croatia, Lithuania).

As I understand it, then it's up to results among these 4 teams. Spain won 2 games against these other teams and has a huge point difference, so they will go first. The other 3 teams all have 1 win, but Lithuania will have the worst point differential because of that last blowout, so they should be last.

If I'm wrong though, it would be awesome.

Comment

• Spain can't be 1st cuz they lost to Croatia. (head-to-head tiebreaker.)

If Croatia wins tonight, they win the group.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Mon Aug 15, 2016, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• 1st QF is already set: Spain vs France. Classic.
                    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Aug 15, 2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• So if Croatia win tonight that gives LTU fourth seed based on points difference correct ?
                      Cause if they do,then they play USA next.

Comment

• I thought I heard that if they lose they get third and Australia, but that was just some guy on the internet.

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                          So if Croatia win tonight that gives LTU fourth seed based on points difference correct ?
                          Cause if they do,then they play USA next.
                          No. If Croatia beats Lithuania then they win the group. Lithuania gets the 3rd seed cuz they hold a tiebreaker over Argentina.
                          Last edited by rocwell; Mon Aug 15, 2016, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            I thought I heard that if they lose they get third and Australia, but that was just some guy on the internet.
                            That's correct.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              I thought I heard that if they lose they get third and Australia, but that was just some guy on the internet.
                              Based on their website info and standings LTU is fourth with one game left with Croatia,Spain and Argentina hold a 2-3 record but with better point difference,Brasil at 2-3 will benefit from LTU win over Croatia 2-2 ,but if Croatia win there will a tie in this group where points system will determine the standings.

http://www.fiba.com/olympics/2016/groups
                              http://www.fiba.com/olympics/2016/competition-system

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                                Based on their website info and standings LTU is fourth with one game left with Croatia,Spain and Argentina hold a 2-3 record but with better point difference,Brasil at 2-3 will benefit from LTU win over Croatia 2-2 ,but if Croatia win there will a tie in this group where points system will determine the standings.

http://www.fiba.com/olympics/2016/groups
                                http://www.fiba.com/olympics/2016/competition-system
                                Tie breakers determine the standings if there's a tie. And Brazil is already eliminated.

Comment

Working...
                                X