Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rocwell wrote: View Post
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

    Comment


    • rocwell wrote: View Post
      Jonas doesn't get any touches.

      Watch the game and figure out why.

      It's pretty obvious. He's struggling with something and it's not because he's getting ignored. He looks like Bargnani out there! Do you know how many times Pau had an open 3 cuz of Jonas? Did you see that timeout in 3rd quarter when Pau hit three 3s in a row? Lithuania coach didn't even speak with Jonas(and he didn't even listen to coach I believe as he put a towel over his head and sat at the back of the bench.) LIT's PG was screaming at JV something about Scola too.

      Everything was fine till he came to Rio. Just saying.
      To be completely fair, JV is getting doubled or even trippled every time he gets the ball at the low post. Last year, when he averaged 16 pts and ~9 rebounds in Eurobasket, opposing teams tried to guard him one on one. And only if they couldn't handle him, they would start to double team him. This year, from minute one of the Olympic games, he is guarded with extreme care and in a very crude manner. I haven't seen a single low post iso yet when JV would go one on one. There's always help coming in to contain him. This opens up perimeter for other players to take 3s or make drives. In that regard, Jonas, even with an average of 5,5 pts, is a crucial part of Lithuania's game plan.
      MeDar ReDozan

      Comment


      • Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
        To be completely fair, JV is getting doubled or even trippled every time he gets the ball at the low post. Last year, when he averaged 16 pts and ~9 rebounds in Eurobasket, opposing teams tried to guard him one on one. And only if they couldn't handle him, they would start to double team him. This year, from minute one of the Olympic games, he is guarded with extreme care and in a very crude manner. I haven't seen a single low post iso yet when JV would go one on one. There's always help coming in to contain him. This opens up perimeter for other players to take 3s or make drives. In that regard, Jonas, even with an average of 5,5 pts, is a crucial part of Lithuania's game plan.
        I understand where you're coming from man, but you're wrong. Jonas was already getting doubled in FIBA WC 2014. (Only few teams chose to defend him one-on-one: USA and France. And he "murdered" them from the free throw line. vs Cousins & USA 15PTS/7REB. vs France 25PTS/9REB )

        Also, Spain didn't double Valanciunas yesterday. He even got a clean post-up opportunity against Pau, but travelled. Spain were extremely active on defence and looked like they tried to pressurize the fuck out of Lithuania's guards
        Last edited by rocwell; Sun Aug 14, 2016, 09:01 AM.

        Comment


        • rocwell wrote: View Post
          I understand where you're coming from man, but you're wrong. Jonas was already getting doubled in FIBA WC 2014. (Only few teams chose to defend him one-on-one: USA and France. And he "murdered" them from the free throw line. vs Cousins & USA 15PTS/7REB. vs France 25PTS/9REB )

          Also, Spain didn't double Valanciunas yesterday. He even got a clean post-up opportunity against Pau, but travelled. Spain were extremely active on defence and looked like they tried to pressurize the fuck out of Lithuania's guards
          Yeah, Spain didin't double JV yesterday. He was a non-factor in that game. As for 2014 WC or 2015 Eurobasket, I disagree. I watched every single minute of those games. He had much more space back then than he has now.
          MeDar ReDozan

          Comment


          • Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
            Yeah, Spain didin't double JV yesterday. He was a non-factor in that game. As for 2014 WC or 2015 Eurobasket, I disagree. I watched every single minute of those games. He had much more space back then than he has now.
            I watched most of those games too. He was getting doubled. Every game is on YouTube just fyi. You don't even need to watch those games to know that Jonas was doubled, for example against Italy(Bargnani) in EuroBasket quarter finals Maybe not as aggressive as now, but still. Everyone tried to rough him up.

            Comment


            • rocwell wrote: View Post
              I watched most of those games too. He was getting doubled. Every game is on YouTube just fyi. You don't even need to watch those games to know that Jonas was doubled, for example against Italy(Bargnani) in EuroBasket quarter finals Maybe not as aggressive as now, but still. Everyone tried to rough him up.
              It's ok, man. I don't care to prove that my opinion is the right one (it probably isn't since I'm super biased). Considering JV's stats though, he hasn't played that poorly since 2012 Olympics. It just boggles my mind, that's all. He used to be such a fighter and such a beast. Now he looks lethargic.
              MeDar ReDozan

              Comment


              • Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                It's ok, man. I don't care to prove that my opinion is the right one (it probably isn't since I'm super biased). Considering JV's stats though, he hasn't played that poorly since 2012 Olympics. It just boggles my mind, that's all. He used to be such a fighter and such a beast. Now he looks lethargic.
                And this is why I was referring to that article about Olympics village life There's a reason why athletes were given 450,000 condoms!

                Comment


                • rocwell wrote: View Post
                  And this is why I was referring to that article about Olympics village life There's a reason why athletes were given 450,000 condoms!
                  This year is probably first year when wifes does not follow lithuanian player to the games. And i think it was a mistake.. because this:


                  is better than this

                  Comment


                  • People really have short term memory don't they. It was only a few months ago that JV was dominating the Pacers and the Heat before he got injured.

                    I'm not looking too much into how he is playing in Rio, but if this continues in the NBA, thats when I'll start worrying.

                    Comment


                    • A.I wrote: View Post
                      People really have short term memory don't they. It was only a few months ago that JV was dominating the Pacers and the Heat before he got injured.

                      I'm not looking too much into how he is playing in Rio, but if this continues in the NBA, thats when I'll start worrying.
                      Exactly!
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                      Comment


                      • Right when Jonas has a big game everyone will change their tune
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                        Comment


                        • Another one.

                          Nobody is talking about the NBA playoffs! We were having a discussion about Jonas' performance at the Olympics. That's it. Stop taking this shit to heart

                          Comment


                          • rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Another one.

                            Nobody is talking about the NBA playoffs! We were having a discussion about Jonas' performance at the Olympics. That's it. Stop taking this shit to heart
                            Well there have been posts questioning his NBA abilities based on his Rio performance. And this is the JV thread, so discussion is not limited to Olympic performance.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                            Comment


                            • Could it not just be that he's having a bad couple weeks? Guys slump all the time. Unfortunate for Lithuania that it happens now, but demar derozan had a horrific month in the nba playoffs, didn't stop masai Ujiri from giving him 139 million dollars going forward
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • Growing pains.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X