Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished mine. Tough matchup for me first round (never like betting against LBJ) but I think I can take this one.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Just finished mine. Tough matchup for me first round (never like betting against LBJ) but I think I can take this one.
      you don't bet against him when he isn't in the finals. smart play

Comment

• axel, do you want the accomplishments as well as the game plan? or will you do all that work for us yourself? i have done mine, if you want it.

Comment

• I hope my game plan is legit enough for Axel to accept... I'd had some drinks before making it.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Geez.. got Dan first. Going to be a really difficult opponent. Will try to submit my gameplan and starting line up by tomorrow mid-afternoon.

Comment

• Hey, any chance my game with Mr. Z can go live on saturday? Im supposed to be out of town until saturda. I will probably have wifi at the hotel but i will be out of the hotel for most of the day. Even on Saturday Im supposed to be at my sisters engagement party, but I may get home in time for some rebuttal stuff. how long are games going to be live? I'll get my gameplan in fine but the rebuttal might be iffy. If all else fails i could hand my team over to Cody i suppose although I would like to see this through now that I've done all the drafting. I should be active again by 5 pm eastern for the rebuttal on saturday worst case scenario.

I need a freaking smartphone lol.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                Not sure how you're already done. I'm not even close to being ready
                You get ten sentences. You don't have enough time to get into hardly any detail. I don't think you can get technical either. I had ten on D alone and then had to paraphrase and cut it down to five so I could speak about offense.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Hey, any chance my game with Mr. Z can go live on saturday? Im supposed to be out of town until saturda. I will probably have wifi at the hotel but i will be out of the hotel for most of the day. Even on Saturday Im supposed to be at my sisters engagement party, but I may get home in time for some rebuttal stuff. how long are games going to be live? I'll get my gameplan in fine but the rebuttal might be iffy. If all else fails i could hand my team over to Cody i suppose although I would like to see this through now that I've done all the drafting. I should be active again by 5 pm eastern for the rebuttal on saturday worst case scenario.

I need a freaking smartphone lol.
                  Sure. Not everyone will be going live on Friday (only about half will be), so I'll put you in the second batch (likely going live on Sunday).
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    axel, do you want the accomplishments as well as the game plan? or will you do all that work for us yourself? i have done mine, if you want it.
                    If there are specifics things you want highlighted then add them in. Generally I was planning to list things like Hall of Fame, MVPs, etc. but if there is something specific you want posted, just include it with your line up.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      You get ten sentences. You don't have enough time to get into hardly any detail. I don't think you can get technical either. I had ten on D alone and then had to paraphrase and cut it down to five so I could speak about offense.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                      Yeah, same. I started writing and noticed I'm at 8 on defense. I had to cut down a bit to say something about offense.

I sent mine out like 10 minutes after seeing Axel's mail. I hope you all don't write PhD dissertations here and don't make my intro look too crappy.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        If there are specifics things you want highlighted then add them in. Generally I was planning to list things like Hall of Fame, MVPs, etc. but if there is something specific you want posted, just include it with your line up.
                        I think it's not necessary tbh, since it's a prime draft, not who had a more accomplished career.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Personally, I think everything shown should be entirely up to us.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Axel is the man *thumbs up*

You guys are nitpicking too much here. This is the inaugral run and it's Axel's puppy. We should trust in his vision, he's earned that much, and after it's played through and we know more about what works and doesn't work then we refine.

Not everyone is going to get exactly what they want, just like that doesn't happen in the regular fantasy sports leagues.

We're lucky we have someone willing to take the time to plan and steer this thing. It takes more time than you might realize to build a league from scratch (I know, I built the rules and setup for the dyansty & keeper hoops leagues and football leagues here).

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              I hope my game plan is legit enough for Axel to accept... I'd had some drinks before making it.
                              Don't worry man. I'm no playbook wizard myself having never played competitive organized basketball(I was a hockey guy). I'm not sure it will come down to that either by the way. I think a good game plan highlights:
                              • You understand your opponents.
                              • You understand your own team and how to use them to exploit your opponent's weaknesses.

Maybe I'm wrong about this and I get totally annihilated. Either way fun times to be had.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                You guys are nitpicking too much here. This is the inaugral run and it's Axel's puppy. We should trust in his vision, he's earned that much, and after it's played through and we know more about what works and doesn't work then we refine.

Not everyone is going to get exactly what they want, just like that doesn't happen in the regular fantasy sports leagues.

We're lucky we have someone willing to take the time to plan and steer this thing. It takes more time than you might realize to build a league from scratch (I know, I built the rules and setup for the dyansty & keeper hoops leagues and football leagues here).
                                Oh, no doubt. What I'm suggesting would give him LESS work!
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X