Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The people wanting bigger rosters now must be concerned with their teams or am I reading this the wrong way?

When I drafted I kept the roster size in mind and snubbed some players to achieve a certain team fitting into eight slots. I think one the rules are set they should not be changed until the next event whenever that is. That's my two cents anyway.

If we must vote though we should discuss anything else we don't agree with and put it all in once.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      The people wanting bigger rosters now must be concerned with their teams or am I reading this the wrong way?

When I drafted I kept the roster size in mind and snubbed some players to achieve a certain team fitting into eight slots. I think one the rules are set they should not be changed until the next event whenever that is. That's my twp cents anyway.

Not worried, but my team would be even more lethal with a 9th man because there's going to be tons of undrafted guys that can play a role.

Comment

• The thing is everyone else gets an extra man so is it not relative?

Comment

The thing is everyone else gets an extra man so is it not relative?

Not if you believe you're better at drafting than others.

Comment

• My original thought when this was put together was that 8 man rotation does cover most Championship teams. While a 9th man does have value, the original thought was that the extra round in drafting wasn't necessarily worth it (the interest and length of the draft were unknown).

As we have progressed, I see that the 9th man would have been a nice idea. People are really into this, more than I even expected.

That said, way too late to make that change in my opinion. Maybe after the first round or 2 tops, but at this point, most of us have 5 players and have been following a draft plan for an 8 man team. Drafting versatile players (especially off the bench) is all part of people's draft strategies. Only way I could agree was if it were unanimously wanted as it impacts everyone.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              Not if you believe you're better at drafting than others.
              If you're better at drafting than others then shouldn't your eight man set be tight? I think making it bigger just makes it easier on people to correct anything they missed. I think it's more challenging with smaller squads because every pick is more important.

Edit: I'm down with for nine, ten, whatever next time.

Comment

• Legacy League Draft Thread

Mack North wrote: View Post
                Are we shuttin' 'er down for the day or do I need to keep checking?
                Fairly certain that e_wheazy is off the grid until tomorrow at the earliest. Possibly even Monday.

UPDATE: My last PM from him on the topic was a slight chance for Sunday eve access but most likely Monday.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If you're better at drafting than others then shouldn't your eight man set be tight? I think making it bigger just makes it easier on people to correct anything they missed. I think it's more challenging with smaller squads because every pick is more important.

We're going in circles so I'm not gonna argue since it won't happen, but my last word is in my opinion I can make myself get an advantage with every pick, so getting a ninth man pushes me that much further ahead.

But eight's cool

Comment

Edit: I'm down with for nine, ten, whatever next time.

Maybe next year we draft a dleague team too

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Fairly certain that e_wheazy is off the grid until tomorrow at the earliest. Possibly even Monday.

UPDATE: My last PM from him on the topic was a slight chance for Sunday eve access but most likely Monday.
                      What happened to sending lists? Ah well, a break will be a good thing I guess. Haha

Comment

• Let's go with full 12 man squads next time.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          Maybe next year we draft a dleague team too
                          Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Let's go with full 12 man squads next time.

Let's not get carried away

EDIT: Apollo had 15 written down originally

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            What happened to sending lists? Ah well, a break will be a good thing I guess. Haha
                            At the time, our pace wasn't going to make it much of an issue. We kinda killed it today.

Comment

• Come on, Jonas. I figured you'd like the bonus.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Come on, Jonas. I figured you'd like the bonus.

http://wp.me/p3bMQO-wE

(It's a gif that I couldn't embed)

Comment

Working...
                                X