This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    In this 10 sentence explaination are we alowd to link stats or vids? That would be prime.
    I'm sure you could, would have to ask axel though. Depends on if the readers even watch the vids though

Comment

• Alright, time to kick Dan out, who wants his team

/s

Comment

• Oh Danny boy... Where are you?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          I'm sure you could, would have to ask axel though. Depends on if the readers even watch the vids though
          Yeah thats the issue. I think thats true for sacrificing grammar for more content as well, people wont read it.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            Yeah thats the issue. I think thats true for sacrificing grammar for more content as well, people wont read it.
            Or people will vote against you just because you can't argue a point in a shorter way.

Comment

Or people will vote against you just because you can't argue a point in a shorter way.
              Probably not
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                I guess we'll probably need a public voting poll or for each team to cast their vote in the thread. If we go dark on this in a poll anyone could be voting on the site then but who knows, maybe that's what we're looking for?
                Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                Each player should get a chance to give their argument and then a poll be opened
                I think a better format would be no poll, people just vote in the thread and give a short reason why they are voting this way, even if it's a sentence or two.

If it's just a poll, then many of the votes will be 10 second affairs, people will glance at lineups, or maybe not even that. Things like fit, playing style won't matter, and many voters won't really read all these arguments and counter arguments and won't put any thought into it.

It takes 5 seconds to click in a poll, it takes much longer to read 50 sentences of arguments in each of 8 threads, 400 sentences in total. Lots of voters might have 5 seconds to click, not so many will have the time to really look carefully into lineups and read arguments.

So a simple poll designed for 5 second voters doesn't seem like what we need here, if we are going to do all this serious discussing between teams. I think if people present at least a short explanation to their vote, then the vote should count.

Comment

Alright, time to kick Dan out, who wants his team

/s
                  I do. I pick Gerald Wallace, I think he needs another defender.

Comment

• I don't know about vote justification. I think a vote is a vote and no explanation should be required but provide more if you so choose.

I think in the game threads you're going to see discussion taking place either way.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I hope we'll have discussion either way. But how many outside voters will just come, glance and click?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter so much, drafting was fun, I don't care who will win.

But I suspect if it's just a poll, then the team with biggest 'names' will win in each matchup, regardless if those names can play basketball together or not. In the next draft people will just draft names, not worry about playing style and fit.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I don't know about vote justification. I think a vote is a vote and no explanation should be required but provide more if you so choose.

I think in the game threads you're going to see discussion taking place either way.

I agree. A vote is a vote.

However is someone posts saying they vote for someone but can't actually vote because they're not on a computer that should count as a vote

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          I hope we'll have discussion either way. But how many outside voters will just come, glance and click?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter so much, drafting was fun, I don't care who will win.

But I suspect if it's just a poll, then the team with biggest 'names' will win in each matchup, regardless if those names can play basketball together or not. In the next draft people will just draft names, not worry about playing style and fit.
                          We can make it public, ask spectators not to vote and delete them if they do vote. That's one idea.

Or do a post vote and tally them up manually. A post vote shouldn't mean an explanation is required though. I think it would be good etiquette to contribute to the thread if you're voting though.

Comment

• I don't want just us 16 to vote. Would be cooler to see other people's opinions

Comment

• Sending out an Amber Alert for DanH.
                              Come home Dan.

Comment

• Your family and friends miss you and are worried about you

Comment

Working...
                                X