This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    First off, sorry again for jumping the gun. I feel like an asshole. I know these leagues have rules for a reason. I really did m in up the day though. lol

That said, I can't speak for Cody but I know from negotiations he has a plan and things brewing. When push came to shove he didn't want Noah. Total speculation but maybe taking Noah impacts his plan.
    Haha I'm just bustin your balls. Its all good man .. but seriously...

Lol

And ya that's cool, was just double checking about Noah. Ultimately its up to Cody to decide whats best for his team. After-all, he's stuck with it for life. Heheheheheh But ya, just want to make sure he doesn't go trading all his good contributing players for sexy-sexy Draft Picks... as we've seen in the past. Lol
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, he didn't explain why he didn't want the big fella. I know he's been working on other stuff.

Comment

Yeah, he didn't explain why he didn't want the big fella. I know he's been working on other stuff.
        Hah Great pic. I miss the Maxell Man ads. Those were awesome!

Comment

• My old man had the framed poster hanging next to his loud ass stereo system when I was a kid. I'd love to get a print.

Comment

• Well guys.

I didn't want Noah because he would a FA slot & contract disputes. I also think this teams has it's Center core.

Batum isn't part of my plans, so why not ship him out, get into the draft & take a guy who can make a impact?
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I shopped Noah a little before he went to the Knicks and got no action. Zero interest.

With these rumblings he's back on the block in this league though. I won't re-sign him quite yet in hope of a S&T deal so that the other team can set the years in the trade terms.

He's healthy, a Knicks starter and has little in way of competition for minutes. I'm listening to offers.

Comment

• If I trade for an expiring player on another team in a sign and trade, who does that use up a resign slot for?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• it uses it up for the other team.

so if I sign Nikola Jokic who's already on my team and trade him to you, it still takes one of my two re-sign slots (i still have a DPE sign too)
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• oh how the NBA landscape has changed... what an exciting offseason - so many rosters shaken up, there's gonna be some insane fantasy studs produced this year and teams losing value.... *ahem* Draymond Green for sale - any takers? hahaha
                    in masai we trust

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Well guys.

I didn't want Noah because he would a FA slot & contract disputes. I also think this teams has it's Center core.

Batum isn't part of my plans, so why not ship him out, get into the draft & take a guy who can make a impact?
                      007 wrote: View Post
                      If I trade for an expiring player on another team in a sign and trade, who does that use up a resign slot for?
                      11. Kyle Anderson 1
                      12. Wilson Chandler 1
                      13. Steven Adams 0
                      14. Joakim Noah 0
                      15. Walter Tavares 0

see here. in that trade with cody, apollo would have had to use a re-sign slot for noah. so cody could have said 1-5 years and apollo would have signed him and sent him over.

Comment

• But that doesn't impact Cody's two FA signings, right? Just Apollo's?
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• correctamundo
                          in masai we trust

Comment

Luckily this league benefits from the most reasonable and highly renowned head office in all of fantasy sports.
                            You do realize that the league office contains Tucas and I?
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              But that doesn't impact Cody's two FA signings, right? Just Apollo's?
                              My understanding is this:

I wanted Batum in the deal. Batum was a RFA. For me to get him via Cody, Cody first had to re-sign him. He then traded him to me. Now after the fact Cody is only able to re-sign one more player this off season because he has no exception(DPE). I on the other hand can still re-sign two players (Adams & Noah) because I haven't re-signed anyone yet.

Comment

My understanding is this:

I wanted Batum in the deal. Batum was a RFA. For me to get him via Cody, Cody first had to re-sign him. He then traded him to me. Now after the fact Cody is only able to re-sign one more player this off season because he has no exception(DPE). I on the other hand can still re-sign two players (Adams & Noah) because I haven't re-signed anyone yet.
                                007 used the Noah scenario as an example and you are using Batum, that's why you are saying the opposite result but you both seem to have the correct understanding.

S&T doesn't really exist in our league. It's really just a resign then trade. Cody resigned Batum and traded him, leaving him one more resign slot to fill (Deng most likely).
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X