This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    What I meant was, once the player is nominated a $1, every has the chance to type 200 in the BID box then they have to click BID before anyone else does. As Axel said, quickest on the draw gets the player(provided they only have one roster spot to fill).
    i mean, i thought you could only open bidding at 199, so 1 dollar was still able to be bid by another owner. i agree, that i remember, that even if you have the bid box selected and ready to type 200, when the player is offered you are automatically unselected from the bid box, and have to reselect to make a bid.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I don't like the idea of rewarding the worst teams in the league with the top rookies and free agents. The rookies are enough, keep this random or tie it somehow to winning. If not random then make it a lotto for teams who made the playoffs.

I think you can nominate above $1. I think we haven't done so much in the past because the emphasis has been on getting the best value out of your FAAB. Everyone blowing it all on one guy may hurt them later when injuries occur.

Comment

• Says the guy who's lost 24 in a row.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          I'm pretty sure bids start at $1 and you have to click in the box and type 200 and click BID. I don't think it's as easy as just nominating someone for $200. I don't remember it being that way with Klay...
          In Klay's case the person who nominated him wouldn't have been able to afford to bid the full 200 on him. Had am happy had first nomination he could've nominated him right away for the full 200. I'm nearly certain you can do it.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
            In Klay's case the person who nominated him wouldn't have been able to afford to bid the full 200 on him. Had am happy had first nomination he could've nominated him right away for the full 200. I'm nearly certain you can do it.
            OK, maybe that's why I was remembering differently.

Comment

• So we leave it Random, and mandate $100 max nomination value. Ensure's everyone that managed their roster appropriately get's a shot at any top free agents, but also allows people to nom+keep lower level FAs.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                So we leave it Random, and mandate $100 max nomination value. Ensure's everyone that managed their roster appropriately get's a shot at any top free agents, but also allows people to nom+keep lower level FAs.
                Cool this works for me.

I just don't like the idea of our auction draft becoming standard for half the league.

Comment

Cool this works for me.

I just don't like the idea of our auction draft becoming standard for half the league.
                  Unfortunately, that's essentially what this system rewards. Good cap and roster management can line a player up to sign the single best FA every summer, while keeping all their best players, assuming they have a quick trigger finger.

I've previously proposed tying FAAB dollars to actual cap space (based on the years assigned) which would eliminate the magic $200 number. It would also tie high bids to long term commitments, which could cool the action on even the top free agents.
                  But I know people haven't liked that idea in the past, and it would be more work for the commish.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Unfortunately, that's essentially what this system rewards. Good cap and roster management can line a player up to sign the single best FA every summer, while keeping all their best players, assuming they have a quick trigger finger.

I've previously proposed tying FAAB dollars to actual cap space (based on the years assigned) which would eliminate the magic $200 number. It would also tie high bids to long term commitments, which could cool the action on even the top free agents.
                    But I know people haven't liked that idea in the past, and it would be more work for the commish.
                    When the dynasty was first set up everything put in place was put there to reward building from within and reaping the benefits of that in various ways. It was supposed to be the anti redraft.

No one was thinking about guys battling over average players with full $200 FAAB before the season started and to this date there has not been much of that occuring. FAAB is definately important in the middle of the season but those signings don't usually amount to the same impact as the auction draft top signings. I don't know if there's a balance issue here. If a manager is playing the game well then he shouldn't have really good assets hitting the market but if it happens I don't know why we need to handicap the guys who are playing the game well. Right now you have to earn your victories on equal playing ground with everyone else.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Oct 6, 2017, 11:02 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• Another note is that in terms of average guys going for $200 FAAB, why stop that? There are equally good finds on the cheap side if you're good at this game. I could list out a goldmine of fantasy value had for under $50 last year, $5 even.

Those team who blow their FAAB right out of the gate are sacraficing something that is valuable. They are taking a risk.

I think Joey's new rule strikes a good balance.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Fri Oct 6, 2017, 11:05 AM. Reason: .

Comment

When the dynasty was first set up everything put in place was put there to reward building from within and reaping the benefits of that in various ways. It was supposed to be the anti redraft.

No one was thinking about guys battling over average players with full $200 FAAB before the season started and to this date there has not been much of that occuring. FAAB is definately important in the middle of the season but those signings don't usually amount to the same impact as the auction draft top signings. I don't know if there's a balance issue here. If a manager is playing the game well then he shouldn't have really good assets hitting the market but if it happens I don't know why we need to handicap the guys who are playing the game well. Right now you have to earn your victories on equal playing ground with everyone else.
                        Yeah, my system wouldn't be uneven ground either. Same system for everyone, just a different system than there is now.

I'm just speaking to the interest in the auction draft, which others have noted a concern with the trend toward it essentially becoming a quick draw draft for half the league, due to much of the league catching onto the roster construction needed to max out spending power at the draft, and the skewed auction value of players in a draft where comparatively few players are drafted, as well as there being no downside to a giant bid except not having FAAB dollars.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• we could allow traded money to be added in the next season's auction. expires the beginning of the season type of thing. money becomes valuable and not everyone will have the same money at auction, with people trading assets for cash being rewarded.

Comment

I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere. I'm not saying to handicap those who play well, I'm saying exactly the opposite. One person could set up their whole season to get a top free agent but due to luck of the draw they end up with 16th nomination and the top 5 free agents have already been taken with 200 dollar nominations.

And so they miss out on someone or several players that they planned to get all season just because they were unlucky.

I like Joey's idea because at least now it will actually just be whoever can type 200 the quickest and not just based off of auction position.

Also I may have completely misinterpreted your post because I got lost somewhere.

Comment

I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere. I'm not saying to handicap those who play well, I'm saying exactly the opposite. One person could set up their whole season to get a top free agent but due to luck of the draw they end up with 16th nomination and the top 5 free agents have already been taken with 200 dollar nominations.

And so they miss out on someone or several players that they planned to get all season just because they were unlucky.

I like Joey's idea because at least now it will actually just be whoever can type 200 the quickest and not just based off of auction position.

Also I may have completely misinterpreted your post because I got lost somewhere.
                              Update: I've come to the conclusion I completely misunderstood your post

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                we could allow traded money to be added in the next season's auction. expires the beginning of the season type of thing. money becomes valuable and not everyone will have the same money at auction, with people trading assets for cash being rewarded.
                                Joey would have to be the one to confirm, but I seem to remember not being able to edit the amount of dollars people enter the auction with. I think everyone has to start at the default 200 dollars

Comment

Working...
                                X