Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the Auction amounts is a no-go in my books; just way too much work and we've got something that more or less works now.

If there is a problem that needs fixing, we will fix it, but that's all we should be exploring here.

Comment

• I'm good with everything as-is. No need to change if you aks me.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i don't mind it being random. if it were possible to change starting money, i think an extra 5 dollars per roster spot could fix this problem. it also simulates saving for a big free agency splash because you would have more cash than people with one free slot.

as an example an owner with one free slot would get 205 dollars and an owner with 2 free slots would get 210, and so on.
        But in doing that you block teams who managed their rosters well. They may not be able to land the top FA because somebody can bid up to $204 vs their $200. What you'll then see is teams trying to save two or three vacant spots instead of one.

If max money of $200 is so valuable why isn't everyone trying to leave one roster spot open per year? The truth is they'd like to but it's not easy.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I don't like the idea of rewarding the worst teams in the league with the top rookies and free agents. The rookies are enough, keep this random or tie it somehow to winning. If not random then make it a lotto for teams who made the playoffs.

I think you can nominate above $1. I think we haven't done so much in the past because the emphasis has been on getting the best value out of your FAAB. Everyone blowing it all on one guy may hurt them later when injuries occur.

nailed it.
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• i don't see any problem with it as is. I don't know why, but I still believe that our league doesn't let us nom for $200. either way, we'll find out this year possibly when harry giles goes for 200. I wouldn't be too big on changing anything this season.
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Harry Giles is too much of a risk..... he's out till January, guys.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                i don't see any problem with it as is. I don't know why, but I still believe that our league doesn't let us nom for $200. either way, we'll find out this year possibly when harry giles goes for 200. I wouldn't be too big on changing anything this season.
                ha

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Harry Giles is too much of a risk..... he's out till January, guys.
                  Smokescreen.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Harry Giles is too much of a risk..... he's out till January, guys.
                    I'm still not convinced you didn't draft him.

Comment

• Interesting discussion gentlemen.
                      The strategy being played (discussed) I do not believe will go away. I am firmly n the camp that does not want the fastest clicker getting the best player even if it is between two mangers. I have been there since the Green draft. It is not an easy problem to solve perhaps most do not think it is a problem

I will throw this out there:Incorporate the two drafts.

A manager can decide to forfeit his draft pick for the max FA dollars
                      ie if pick 15 and 16 opt out pick 15; gets $202 Pick 16 gets $201 if 3 picks are forfeited $203 is the max

I prefer this or something else that brings a mangers decision to the forefront as opposed to a computer connection.

My thoughts. Great discussion

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                        Interesting discussion gentlemen.
                        The strategy being played (discussed) I do not believe will go away. I am firmly n the camp that does not want the fastest clicker getting the best player even if it is between two mangers. I have been there since the Green draft. It is not an easy problem to solve perhaps most do not think it is a problem

I will throw this out there:Incorporate the two drafts.

A manager can decide to forfeit his draft pick for the max FA dollars
                        ie if pick 15 and 16 opt out pick 15; gets $202 Pick 16 gets $201 if 3 picks are forfeited $203 is the max

I prefer this or something else that brings a mangers decision to the forefront as opposed to a computer connection.

My thoughts. Great discussion
                        Their max bid would still be $200 with this model.

Also no matter the auction format, it's sometimes going to come down to who is fastest at bidding the max.

Comment

• I don't mind it being fastest. some years in the NBA there is ton of money and Alan crabbe gets paid.

I had thought that the strategy to getting your guy was to nominate someone you didn't want for a dollar and wait for your guy, so you could try and get the 200 in fastest.

the only difference now is if the guy choosing first has the full 200 he will get his guy. I don't see a problem with that as there is a 1/16 chance it is me or a 5/16 chance, this year, that someone with max money chooses first.

except for adjusting dollar amounts, that was already ruled out, I am fine with how it is now.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            I'm still not convinced you didn't draft him.
                            I drafted a much safer choice whose looked amazingly solid in both Summer League & Preseason.... and I have 0 doubt he isn't going to get minutes with his pick & pop game, his stellar passing, his ability to rebound, etc. The more I see of Biggie, the more I see of a former Portland big man whose now playing in Sac-Town: Zach Randolph. He's going to be a integral part of the Blazers for years, mark my words.... and he'll definitely be a steal of the draft.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Wow, the hype train is running out of control right now.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Wow, the hype train is running out of control right now.
                                That’s more like a hype trolley compared to the stuff coming from Miekentown Station.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X