X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking news: Ballswin appeals draft

Transcript from news conference:

I’m hereby serving notice of my filing of an official appeal with the Commissioner and the league office to protest the results of last Sunday’s draft results on the grounds that the yahoo auto-draft failed to apply my pre-draft ranking by failing to select the #1 ranked player listed in my pre-draft ranking.

I have lodged a formal complaint with Yahoo and they have informed me that an investigation is underway to find out what went wrong and determine what caused this failure to occur.

More information will be shared when it become available.

Thank you,
    RR OG

Comment

Well, this is a first for the league. Did you for real file a compliant with Yahoo? I'd like to know what they think happened.

Comment

My Director of Mockery is requesting a copy of the evidence before scrapping the “BallsChin” campaign that was slated to launch next week.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It does smell fishy... doesn't it, Dale?

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
            Monkeys?!?! WTF!! We got every player we were after! My council of minions came out of the war room going cocoa-loco--bananas with excitement and anticipation!!

I've been assured by my council that our team is as talented as any, and that we'll be competiting for a lot of rings in January!

I stand by the decisions made today by my council. My minions have my support.
            Bump.

Comment

Comment

In other news I think I'm done adding pieces to my team now. FYI apparently we can now add guys on IR or PUP without needing an empty roster spot. I added Golden to my team straight to IR. That's Golden, Jerry! Golden!

Comment

Conclusion of Yahoo Investigation

Here’s the official response from Yahoo investigation into my complaint

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Yahoo Fantasy Sports.

My name is Zach from the Sports team and thanks for letting us know about this problem. Our Product Team is aware of the issue with the pre-draft rankings not working properly and they are looking into the cause. We know it’s frustrating when things don’t work and appreciate your patience while we correct the problem.

If you would like a draft reset you will have to contact your commissioner. Yahoo doesn't interfere in anyway when it comes to Private Leagues including issues with a Private League commissioner. Using the league's message boards or directly emailing the commissioner is the best way to address any problems.

If you have any other questions or can provide further details, send us a reply and let us know.

Thanks,
                  Zach
                  Yahoo Fantasy Sports Customer Care
                  Here’s a link showing my pre-draft ranking:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...7453/3/prerank

Based on the evidence before you, it is clear that I was wronged by no fault of my own. And given the magnitude of my loss and long-term impact this is likely to cause me, it is only just and fair that the league agree to do what is right, for me and for any of you who’ll be wronged by Yahoo.

Commissioner Apollo,

Rather than seeking a complete re-draft, which I feel isn’t at all appropriate, I’m proposing the following solution via a trade with Axel:

Saquon Barkley for any player on my roster not named E. Elliott
                  RR OG

Comment

Well for certain we cannot re-do the draft. I mean its a tough break if the pre-ranks didn't work right for you but to re-do the whole draft would be more unfair to all those after you who showed up for the draft.

League members feel free to chime in, I'd love to get your view on this, especially Axel. What do you all make of this?

Comment

• If I was in JB's position, I'd feel the same way. What's the point of spending time on pre-ranking guys If the server is not going to follow it? Sorry Axel. I think JB's offer is pretty decent as well.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post

Based on the evidence before you, it is clear that I was wronged by no fault of my own. And given the magnitude of my loss and long-term impact this is likely to cause me, it is only just and fair that the league agree to do what is right, for me and for any of you who’ll be wronged by Yahoo.

Commissioner Apollo,

Rather than seeking a complete re-draft, which I feel isn’t at all appropriate, I’m proposing the following solution via a trade with Axel:

Saquon Barkley for any player on my roster not named E. Elliott
                        MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        If I was in JB's position, I'd feel the same way. What's the point of spending time on pre-ranking guys If the server is not going to follow it? Sorry Axel. I think JB's offer is pretty decent as well.
                        My reaction is still very much 'tough titty'

Realizar made the choice to not show up to the draft and rely on autodraft. At no point was there a request to accommodate another draft time (as happened in keeper league), so the decision to rely on autodraft is solely on James. He is a veteran of Yahoo fantasy sports, and is well aware of the risks of not showing up to draft in person. This is hardly the first time that this has happened in Yahoo, and while certainly rare, this isn't unheard of. A rookie to Yahoo fantasy might not understand the risk but James certainly does.

I do not feel it is fair to punish people who were committed to showing up to the draft, for an unfortunate error that impacted someone who didn't; and I know how much James values the commitment of showing up to drafts. There is no scenario in his proposal that accedes fair value for me. I lose a top RB, missed on drafting another young RB, and his proposed crop of RB available by trade are, frankly, terrible and would likely be cut by me since I have several RBs on my bench better than what he is offering. While his offer doesn't preclude other positions, acquiring a RB at #2 was my draft strategy and making a move would completely fuck up my draft.

Why should I be punished when I showed up to the draft?
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Well, never thought we'd see something like this happen.

I think it's pretty shitty that Yahoo may have malfunctioned, but I agree that it could have been avoided had James attended the draft like everyone else - especially with the number 1 pick on the line. It would have taken less than a minute to sign in on the app and make the pick, then let the rest of the draft be done on auto. I know everyone has things to do and can't always make the draft time, but there was no mention of anyone missing the draft, so the time remained the same as it has for the past 7 years or whatever.

I just can't come up with a scenario to make things right for James without redoing the entire draft, which should not be entertained.

It's an unfortunate situation and I feel for James(well, sorta), but I think you're SOL on this. I also say we put this into the rule book - The SOL Rule - you miss the draft and pre-ranks don't work, "tough titties".

Just my
                          2pence.jpg

Comment

• My job in this is to do my best to make the right call for the whole league. Here is where I'm at:
                            1. I can't trigger a re-draft for this because I would be punishing the whole league as they invested time into the first draft, they've shown their cards in terms of who they valued and they may have made follow-up moves post draft based on the draft results.
                            2. I can't force Axel to deal away Barkley because as he said, it would almost be like we're punishing him when he did all the right things. Also I'd be crossing a line I should never cross unless there's cheating.

So I don't know anything I can do with this but say:
                            James Ballswin, I'm sorry for recommending you update your pre-ranks. While I'm not responsible for what happened, I did endorse the pre-ranks unknowing that this system is now totally fucked to the point it would pass on multiple options in order to pick Chubb. In all future seasons there will be a pre-draft ranking disclaimer in the OP.

Mack recommends that this Chubb fiasco is enough to pass the Tough Titties Rule and we should explore that. If anyone opposes Tough Titties please speak now.
                            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 29, 2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• To be clear, I called it the SOL Rule. Axel coined the "tough titty" phrase.

Comment

• Yeah, it was failed humor compared to this Trump Titty video.

Comment

Working...
                                X